Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by bemmett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

My pinball obsession only started a few weeks ago, so I don't own one yet. Any tips on creative ways to acquire games? Obviously, I could drop huge $$$ on a HUO MINT SHOPPED something or other, but what is the fun in that? I've bought a few non-working arcade games, and find that fixing them is extremely satisfying. (Though sadly, I fear they will soon give way to pins).

It seems really hard finding non-mint stuff for sale at the moment, though part of the problem could be that I'm interested primarily in DMD games and we're in a potential price bubble (encouraging flipping).

Is there a right/wrong way to inquire about purchasing an un-loved pin on route? Does that ever work?

Anyone want to share some ways they've recently found pins that need a bit of love?

#15 10 years ago

Thanks for the great replies guys. I'm doing my best on the meeting local pinheads, though most of it has been through email so far. My proximity to some great arcades has been fueling the fire, and I am extremely lucky to be able to walk over to 1-Up on my lunch break. I should probably keep my eyes open while playing in public for the people who seem to know what they are doing and introduce myself. Going to make a habit of going to Lyons for the monthly tourney.

Good suggestion on the wanted ad, I'll give that a whirl.

And of course, I do need to be patient. It'll probably be good for me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creative-ways-to-acquire-games?tu=ryanwanger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.