Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by bemmett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rando.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 10 years ago

Patience is useful. I found a guy semi-local that works on and sells machines. Took a couple of months to get my first machine from him, took over a year to get the second. But I wasn't in a hurry and his prices were good, so I just kept in touch and kept letting him know that I was still interested without being annoying. He was apologetic and gave me a good deal eventually.

Be willing to drive and have Pin transportation. I've come close to traveling for a Pin, but wife and kids usually keep me local. But if you've got the time and means to put in 4-6 hours to check out a deal, that greatly expands your area.

Communicate. I got outbid on E-Bay on a pretty beat game that I didn't want to spend too much on, so I shot the seller an e-mail telling him that I was still interested at my price and to let me know if the sale fell through. Sure enough it did as the guy didn't want to pack it up for shipping. So I was able to grab it before he relisted.

But if you have some places local you can play, go for it. I'm my only Pin location for now, and would love to be able to check some machines on location.

Enjoy!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rando.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creative-ways-to-acquire-games?tu=rando and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.