By oldskooler

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I've bought a Gottlieb Monte Carlo.

Yeah..I know..but I was naive, foolish and only 49

Anyway..it has an alternate translite. The one with woman in a semi naked strappy dress, and awful low res print.

I'm aware the original is never going to surface again, and my options for alternatives are limited. What kind of print is a translite, and do you know of anybody who would be willing to print a sample?

My suggestion would be a translite similar to the side art, black marble effect, mint green diamond and "Monte Carlo" front and centre.

I have used Photoshop before, not much. So.. is it a good or bad idea?. And more importantly, does anyone have experience they could pass on??

Thanks

Jaime

#2 3 years ago

following. I too have a monte carlo but have the original and is faded. Would like to learn how to create an alternate. the game is decent btw. pretty challenging.

#3 3 years ago

If you send artwork to Atari_Daze he can create a translate for you. I checked the two sites that sell alternate translates (Ministry of Pinball and Retrorefurbs) and neither carries a Monte Carlo alternate translate.

If you need a ramp for your Monte Carlo, you can order one here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-o-matic-ramp-thread

#4 3 years ago

Did Pinball Resource tell you they were not available? I bought a new Rock Encore translite from them a couple weeks ago.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creating-translites- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.