Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Chisox
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

03712E18-0845-4304-927F-0AC172125BF0 (resized).jpeg
    There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago

I would pick up a nice RBION, personally.
    I kid I kid.

ToM remake has to be a couple years away and you can still get them for less than the MSRP will be.

Update that JP with the movie code.

#52 2 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Well rounded to me would include some EMs and early SS games. Also, I wouldn't get hung up on the HUO moniker.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from isJ:

I kid I kid.
    ToM remake has to be a couple years away and you can still get them for less than the MSRP will be.

Ya I’ll keep it stock for a while and then likely give it a try. Opinion seems pretty 50/50 on movie code; I get the argument that hearing the same movie lines over and over could get old or “ruin the movies” but it’s gotta be better than “fake accent voice actors;” I don’t think I’d mind the movie code but will give stock its chance. Is it simple enough to switch back and forth (i.e you can find the stock code for download)?

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from isJ:

I kid I kid.

I just realized who I was replying to… og replied and then saw the cities and re-read the acronym and… wait a minute

#55 2 years ago

TZ is my first pin and it will never leave. Jack it up, fine tune the slings, and turn off extra balls. The power field and Powerball never get old. The code is fantastic for the era. Strategic use of magnets is unparalleled. When I fire it up after I think I've lost interest, I'm shocked at how much fun the game is, even after you get really good at it. Oh, and it can still kick my ass after all these years.

#56 2 years ago

Congrats, 3 pins are a great start and you have an instant collection. Lucky that your wife and kids enjoy playing pinball too. That is a somewhat rare occurrence.

For your fourth title, I suggest loading up the family and taking them to a pinball show this year as a vacation. The whole weekend immersed in pinball and everybody trying games they’ve never played. You’ll have no shortage of pins you’ll want to own.

#57 2 years ago

Whelp, found the 4th pin to round out the collection and will leave spot #5 open for some time, since that will be the final slot.

So my figuring is:

MBr gives me smooth flow with fan layout, approachable to family/newbies

JP2 gives me stop and go shooter, deep rules and very challenging

Mando is a mix of flow/S&G and is again accessible to the family, easy MB, while giving them a deeper rule set if they so choose to explore

So I figured what I needed was fast and brutal, something to kick my ass over and over while sticking with a simpler rule set.

And that pin is…

BKSOR Premium with topper

Absolutely love the theme, music, brutal pacing, etc. and should be a perfect compliment to the others. Actually going to be my first pinside transaction as I’m working to get this one lined up: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/115223

2nd place contender was IMDN; was tough decision, but ultimately wanted to go with a different designer in collection since I have Elwin with JP, and something even more adrenaline fueled (and with shorter games).

The 5th slot will likely go for something completely different, like a future JJP once they come out with a theme I like.

Very excited for a Ritchie, Gomez, Elwin, Eddy lineup!

#58 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I would highly recommend a classic Solid State from the 80s they are just so so much more fun than modern games. It’s pure pinball bliss

Yes, this. And I know very few people with an EM in their collection, but a barcade owner told me that the EM is the one that kids enjoy the most. I’ve seen the same in my collection. You won’t easily find SS or EM games in HUO condition, but for me an old routed game with tax stickers has a ton of personality.

When my dad comes to visit, he ONLY plays my EM pins. I’ve seen him play Jungle Queen for over an hour trying to roll it over.

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from chickenscratch:

Whelp, found the 4th pin to round out the collection and will leave spot #5 open for some time, since that will be the final slot.
    So my figuring is:
    Mando is a mix of flow/S&G and is again accessible to the family, easy MB, while giving them a deeper rule set if they so choose to explore
    So I figured what I needed was fast and brutal, something to kick my ass over and over while sticking with a simpler rule set.
    And that pin is…
    Absolutely love the theme, music, brutal pacing, etc. and should be a perfect compliment to the others. Actually going to be my first pinside transaction as I’m working to get this one lined up: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/115223
    2nd place contender was IMDN; was tough decision, but ultimately wanted to go with a different designer in collection since I have Elwin with JP, and something even more adrenaline fueled (and with shorter games).
    The 5th slot will likely go for something completely different, like a future JJP once they come out with a theme I like.

Maiden is about 5x The machine when compared to bksor. That game is fun, fast and furious, but the code is shallow, and the layout isn't groundbreaking. It's a great 'play on location' machine.

Hope it works out for ya.

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Maiden is about 5x The machine when compared to bksor.

No.

#61 2 years ago

So my figuring is:
    And that pin is…

Cool! Nice line up!!!

#62 2 years ago

JP Prem has great shots, but rules are way too complicated, it’s more a board game than pin.

I would go with Mando if you must, but would recommend JJP Wonka or GNR instead. Both are superior to JP

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Maiden is about 5x The machine when compared to bksor. That game is fun, fast and furious, but the code is shallow, and the layout isn't groundbreaking. It's a great 'play on location' machine.

He said he was looking for a fun, fast, shallow game to mix it up. I like the choice OP, especially with the topper. IMDN would be a great game to target down the road, it’s awesome.

#64 2 years ago

And that pin is…

Nice! Don't be afraid to usher in the past. A nice System 11 rounds out any collection and offers a new variety of gameplay/rules/challenge.

#67 2 years ago

Idea... find some other pinbuddies in your town. Swap games for a month or 2. I've done that many times. I've sold my some of my games to others who have traded, and bought new titles bcuz of their 1-2 month loaners.

#68 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

He said he was looking for a fun, fast, shallow game to mix it up. I like the choice OP, especially with the topper. IMDN would be a great game to target down the road, it’s awesome.

Haha ya if I’m honest it’s already a contender for #5 but will stick to holding out on that slot, but I’m nearly positive it’ll find its way into the lineup at some point. My wife actually tried to lightly convince me to get WOZ yesterday for #5 as I said I would likely want something very different like a JJP, though I do believe I’d rather wait and see what the next pin theme is (Toy Story?).

So many good pins, so little space! I’m going to be set for a long time/forever though with these 4, especially when I was more than thrilled to have 1. But… money is there, life is short and my wife would rather I get 4/5 than 1 for symmetry/cool barcade purposes (interior designer).

She finally asked today “so what do these things cost” to which I replied with an “oh $6-10K each” and her response “but oh so worth it ” What a babe! I love seeing her randomly walk up to MBr at times and give it a try. It frustrates her, she really sucks, but I encourage along the way, give the “git gud” line, show her some tips and tell her she’s doing great. She’s super excited for Mandalorian, loves toppers (I had to buy a topper for all more that I have the BKSOR topper coming), loves all the mod options, and I think just really likes the art/concept of it all, how it bonds family/friends, ties into the room, etc. and I do believe she wants to get good. I hope she does!

#69 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Idea... find some other pinbuddies in your town. Swap games for a month or 2. I've done that many times. I've sold my some of my games to others who have traded, and bought new titles bcuz of their 1-2 month loaners.

Ya, great idea, but town of 2000; pretty dang sure I’m the only one with pins in town, and we are surrounded by towns of 500 and 50

#70 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

I agree Tranquilize, but I guess that's just my personal taste.

To the OP: I own IMDN Pro, and play a BKSOR LE on location somewhat often. No comparison, IMDN is crazy intense.

If you want a fast Ritchie pin, StarTrek is a good choice, maybe AC/DC (but the code is very deep).

But in the end, BKSOR is still a fun shooter and I'm sure you'll have a blast playing it. I wouldn't complain if I had one sitting in the line up.

#71 2 years ago

Haha ya if I’m honest it’s already a contender for #5 but will stick to holding out on that slot, but I’m nearly positive it’ll find its way into the lineup at some point. My wife actually tried to lightly convince me to get WOZ yesterday for #5 as I said I would likely want something very different like a JJP, though I do believe I’d rather wait and see what the next pin theme is (Toy Story?).
    So many good pins, so little space! I’m going to be set for a long time/forever though with these 4, especially when I was more than thrilled to have 1. But… money is there, life is short and my wife would rather I get 4/5 than 1 for symmetry/cool barcade purposes (interior designer).
    She finally asked today “so what do these things cost” to which I replied with an “oh $6-10K each” and her response “but oh so worth it ” What a babe! I love seeing her randomly walk up to MBr at times and give it a try. It frustrates her, she really sucks, but I encourage along the way, give the “git gud” line, show her some tips and tell her she’s doing great. She’s super excited for Mandalorian, loves toppers (I had to buy a topper for all more that I have the BKSOR topper coming), loves all the mod options, and I think just really likes the art/concept of it all, how it bonds family/friends, ties into the room, etc. and I do believe she wants to get good. I hope she does!

This is definitely a good hobby to have your wife on board. It can be a huge time/money/space whore and although my wife doesn’t play, she’s totally cool with with my obsession with these damn machines.

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creating-a-small-well-rounded-huo-collection/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.