(Topic ID: 310696)

Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D Printer $100 @ Micro Center

By vid1900

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Solar Cats.gif
    Japanese-passed-out-businessmen (resized).jpg
    55d29c7876cabc39430572fe70883651e28ed37b (resized).jpg
    16467918991868077685388773868526.jpg
    received_1038180133577246 (resized).jpeg
    received_374361264220665 (resized).jpeg
    1933E64E-5CF5-44A1-BEA5-4ADF1FA8F02C (resized).jpeg
    20220227_195238 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20220225_235045 (resized).jpg
    16458397646871096709509116592619 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    0B04373B-BF96-4A97-9BEB-62047A50DE78 (resized).jpeg
    maxresdeqewrefault (resized).jpg
    maxresdefafdadsfault (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2022-02-23 at 22-21-31 Pinball playfield insert by MeesterPieter (resized).png

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago

I got mine all setup last night, and got it honed in. Watched a YouTube video to know what to tighter down when to get everything aligned. Then got these two programs to run first: https://thangs.com/m/51868 Moved it around to check with my paper and get my bed level, which wasn't near as bad as everyone made it seem. Then printed the squares from the program for just a couple of layers to make sure nothing crazy happened.

Then this afternoon printed my first real thing (only a 10 minute print), but it turned out great!

#52 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

The kit I got is apparently intended for the set screw type. What I found online was that you can remove the press fitting, but it's a lot easier to just buy a new stepper motor without a press fit gear already on it and use that.

Can't you just use the gear/bearing puller from your bike cycle?

Or just Dremel the plastic gear down one side so it splits off?

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Can't you just use the gear/bearing puller from your bike cycle?
    Or just Dremel the plastic gear down one side so it splits off?

That's a bold assumption to think that I, or anyone else in my house has a bike and the proper tools to maintain it! I know what you're talking about though, I did see someone suggest something like that, but I've already spent enough money on this for the time being.

And it's not plastic....the press fit part is metal, unless I was just completely oblivious because I was quite pissed off last night (Not entirely printer related, but it sure wasn't helping). I'll look again, I gotta take the bar off to make a tweak anyways, but.... if it's plastic, yeah, I'll dremel it. I tried to pull it off by hand but was afraid I was going to damage the motor if I kept trying.

#54 2 years ago

Even if it s brass, put the thin cut off wheel in the Dremel, and cut between the splines, in a straight line

Or if you have a nut splitter, put a 1/4" ratchet on it, it will pop right off

#55 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Even if it s brass, put the thin cut off wheel in the Dremel, and cut between the splines, in a straight line
    Or if you have a nut splitter, put a 1/4" ratchet on it, it will pop right off

Possibility. Also, one thing I forgot to mention, the shaft on those older ones is a "D" type....so one side where the nut is secured with the set screw is flat. If you're going to cut off the press-fit one, you also need to flatten a side a bit for the set screw.

#56 2 years ago

Slide the new gear onto the shaft, and just gently tighten the set screw to give you your mark

Use a file, or Dremel and make yourself a flat spot on the shaft, just larger than the setscrew

Use 1/10 of a drop of blue loctite on a toothpick to lock it in place

#57 2 years ago

Thanks Vid!

1933E64E-5CF5-44A1-BEA5-4ADF1FA8F02C (resized).jpeg1933E64E-5CF5-44A1-BEA5-4ADF1FA8F02C (resized).jpeg
    #58 2 years ago

Test print came out pretty nice.

I did end up having to raise the limit switch a tiny bit due to the nuts holding the leveling screws taking up a but of space, but I'm not all that concerned about losing 4 or 5mm of print height. I'll maybe try to replace with lower level nuts if I need to do anything further, but so far so good.

received_374361264220665 (resized).jpegreceived_374361264220665 (resized).jpeg
    #59 2 years ago

Printed some drawers, ended up being the wrong ones for the Pro, oops....moved on to stupid shit.

16467918991868077685388773868526.jpg16467918991868077685388773868526.jpgreceived_1038180133577246 (resized).jpegreceived_1038180133577246 (resized).jpeg
    #60 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Yeah it's sad, MC is the last national computer chain standing.
    If you know anyone in these states that can pick a few up for you:[quoted image]

I live a bout 20 miles from the Tustin CA. location so maybe I'll run by there and check on this next weekend. they've just expanded / remodeled the entire store and for a while it was a complete mess. Last time I went the store was more organized but their POS system was down.Cash only and they had to write up the sales by hand! So maybe now's a good time to go back and check it out again.

I also have been to the other California store that used to been in Santa Clara that was just off the 101 FWY, a short distance from Great America and Levi Stadium.
    Unfortunately it closed down some years ago. Supposedly they couldn't make a decent deal for rent with the building owners and closed up. I know it was still empty six years ago so I guess the building owners burned themselves.

#61 2 years ago

You kinda picture a bunch of well dressed Japanese businessmen yelling "Bukkake!!!"

55d29c7876cabc39430572fe70883651e28ed37b (resized).jpg55d29c7876cabc39430572fe70883651e28ed37b (resized).jpg
    #62 2 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

I also have been to the other California store that used to been in Santa Clara that was just off the 101 FWY, a short distance from Great America and Levi Stadium.
    Unfortunately it closed down some years ago. Supposedly they couldn't make a decent deal for rent with the building owners and closed up. I know it was still empty six years ago so I guess the building owners burned themselves.

Heard this same exact story from a friend of mine who used to work right by there(over on Tasman). I hate that the store is gone, but I love it when this kind of thing happens. Screw those owners who try to squeeze too much out of their tenants. Same thing happened in my town with the local Boomers a number of years ago. Land owner wanted more money, Boomers said no and demolished the place. It's been a plain dirt patch ever since. Sucks to lose a Boomers, but worth it to have the owner learn a lesson.

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Heard this same exact story from a friend of mine who used to work right by there(over on Tasman). I hate that the store is gone, but I love it when this kind of thing happens. Screw those owners who try to squeeze too much out of their tenants. Same thing happened in my town with the local Boomers a number of years ago. Land owner wanted more money, Boomers said no and demolished the place. It's been a plain dirt patch ever since. Sucks to lose a Boomers, but worth it to have the owner learn a lesson.

Not only is that Micro Center gone, They've lost a Fry's in the area (I think it was just off Lawrence Expressway). It might be a good time for Microcenter to open another store in the area.

#64 2 years ago

Not only is that Micro Center gone, They've lost a Fry's in the area (I think it was just off Lawrence Expressway). It might be a good time for Microcenter to open another store in the area.

Well as we discussed in that other thread, Fry's is no great loss. Good riddance to them. Microcenter I like. I'm glad we still have the one in Tustin.

#65 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You kinda picture a bunch of well dressed Japanese businessmen yelling "Bukkake!!!"[quoted image]

You’re one sick bastard Vid! Lol!

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from NightTrain:

You’re one sick bastard Vid! Lol!

The trains are like a Japanese "people of walmart" at night

In NYC people would pee on them, but in Japan, people just politely look away from the drunken "salarymen"
    Japanese-passed-out-businessmen (resized).jpgJapanese-passed-out-businessmen (resized).jpg

#67 2 years ago

Right when they started closing up shop, I got my 27" iMac from that Fry's. I got it for like $850 or something stupid like that. Came with full warranty and everything. Sill no idea why they marked it down so much. I still use it to this day.

#68 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You kinda picture a bunch of well dressed Japanese businessmen yelling "Bukkake!!!"[quoted image]

You know, the raft at the bottom just makes this seem even worse LOL. Friend of mine that's a Godzilla addict said it looked like he was trying to break out of ice. Cut my hands in 3 places removing all that support material, heh.

#69 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Test print came out pretty nice.
    I did end up having to raise the limit switch a tiny bit due to the nuts holding the leveling screws taking up a but of space, but I'm not all that concerned about losing 4 or 5mm of print height. I'll maybe try to replace with lower level nuts if I need to do anything further, but so far so good.
    [quoted image]

Nice Maneki Neko (fortune cat).

#70 2 years ago

Nice Maneki Neko (fortune cat).

It's one of the test models that come with the printer on the SD card. Apparently my roommate and his daughter painted the one they printed.........and left it on top of my porcelain big one that I bought like 2 decades ago in Hawaii on a family trip as my souvenir. I just found it last night. No idea how long it's been there, but that was pretty funny, I gotta say.

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

It's one of the test models that come with the printer on the SD card. Apparently my roommate and his daughter painted the one they printed.........and left it on top of my porcelain big one that I bought like 2 decades ago in Hawaii on a family trip as my souvenir. I just found it last night. No idea how long it's been there, but that was pretty funny, I gotta say.

Solar Cats.gifSolar Cats.gif

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creality-ender-3-pro-3d-printer-100-micro-center/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.