(Topic ID: 249534)

SOLVED. Crazy wired board found at work. What is it?

By woody24

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D2A8C98D-4079-49BA-B179-055F5BACDF5E (resized).jpeg
20190815_091844 (resized).jpg
20190815_091849 (resized).jpg
20190815_091808 (resized).jpg
20190815_091819 (resized).jpg
20190815_091755 (resized).jpg
20190813_133135 (resized).jpg
20190815_091801 (resized).jpg
20190815_091909 (resized).jpg
20190815_091854 (resized).jpg
20190815_091859 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago

Holy shit that is amazing.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

HA! I know, right!
Monday I took one photo of it but didn't have time to really look at it. Then later I really began to study it, and was like, WTF is this? And, how long did this take to do?
There's a grid system written on the board, so there was a plan for where all the pieces go. But the amount of time it must have taken to do? I can't even imagine. I may have to ask my boss, or at least her husband if they know what it is. The name on the back isn't his name.

So fascinating! Can you read any of the numbers on the chips, or are they all covered by a sticker?

#16 4 years ago

Googling around shows that 10.7Mhz is also a common intermediate frequency for FM receivers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermediate_frequency

Fascinating

#21 4 years ago

My vote is some kind of signal combiner. Either video overlay or something to do with audio transmission or reception.

#31 4 years ago

I was messing around with google, trying combinations of "Floyd Tolle" and RCA, and ran across this gentleman:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/floydtoole/

I wonder if the name on the back is a misspelling of this guy's name? Maybe you should reach out to him and see if he recognizes anything about it or the part number on the back?

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Hmm. Maybe. Maybe not. I'm located in Indianapolis and RCA had a presence here in Indy at one point, so my guess is that it came from here. Don't see anything connecting that guy to Indy. As a side note, I do believe RCA is now owned by Klipsch, which is also located here in Indy.

I was more wondering if someone from RCA got a design from him or something, and in an effort to document it, they wrote his name down how they thought it was spelled. It's a reach, I know, was just surprised to sound someone very into audio with a very similar name.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

True.
Would be interested about the whole history of it. I really didn't want to push it since it is in a storage room downstairs in room that I really have to purpose being in. And not even sure if they even know the whole history. I thought he said it was gifted to him from his wifes brother who worked at RCA. But she's probably in her later 40's, and this seems like it would have had to have been made by someone older than that for a piece that old. Not sure of her maiden name. So maybe the brother worked at RCA but he wasn't the one who made it?

May it remain a mysterious conversation piece forever. Seriously, that thing belongs in a coffee table or in a nice frame on the wall.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/crazy-wired-board-found-at-work?tu=wolfmarsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.