(Topic ID: 199200)

Crazy to sell Metallica & buy Aerosmith??

By PoMC

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Knoler
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

My wife and I first played Aerosmith Pro & Premium at the Allentown show this year and we had a blast playing it. Both of us walked away saying we'll have to own one someday. Today at the York show, Aerosmith Pro was still our show favorite (in that price range). Star Wars Pro and Premium were fun to play and we were able to get about 15 games on them, but nothing felt "wow this is fun"during our games. Premium is certainly the way to go with this game though.

We have a Metallica Pro with the Total Lightshow package; spinners with Total Lightshow sound caller board; Rising Grave Marker; shaker and some other mods. Totally amazing with that lighting! I also use Pinball Browser to customize the songs, which is a lot of fun for me and I also have our Mustang Pro as a music pin for adding songs.

My wife has a love-hate relationship with Metallica. Loves that we have a Metallica pin but hates that it kicks her ass and just not as fun for her as playing Mustang or Aerosmith. Coming home from the York show this evening and we poured some drinks and played Metallica and Mustang for a while.

Both of us came to the same conclusion. Buy an Aerosmith Pro.

Then we will be able to "live" with an Aerosmith in the home for a while and decide if Metallica gets listed in the Marketplace. Yes, we could keep them both and maybe that's how it works out. But need to put them head to head next to each other and see who wins in the end or if it's a tie.

#2 6 years ago

Nothing is crazy. If it makes you and the wife happy.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

I really enjoy the game style of AS over Metallica's light CIU over and over
I also like that each song on AS is a mode and that you work your way to one of two wizard modes
Both games look great and have some cool toys (especially Metallica), but AS has jacky which beats anything on Metallica
Also love Sterns new colour LCD screen, way better than anything else
So in conclusion AS Pro all the way

#4 6 years ago

Do it! You can always buy another MET if you end up missing it. Stem made a couple of them

#5 6 years ago

I sold my MET pro today and Im already missing it, its a void that AS cant fill...

#6 6 years ago

Yes
Crazy

Btw... how do you get the grave maker to rise on the Pro?

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

I also like that each song on AS is a mode and that you work your way to one of two wizard modes

Agreed. Although I enjoy changing songs on Metallica with Pinball Browser, I still can only pick one song during gameplay. Aerosmith's modes and songs change are a definite plus in our book.

#8 6 years ago

I own both. I've had met pro since it came out but never really played much til code was complete. I laughed at the thought of an aerosmith pin and never could've imagined owning one. Well I do now and have to say I love it....but met pro is something really special and for me there is no other. Bolted to the floor til the end. Cranks on all cylinders for me. AS is a lot of fun and is the full package but met is way faster and delivers way more adrenaline(for me). That said AS has earned a spot in my line up without question and if the code matures as met did it may be bolted down also.

#9 6 years ago

I would do it.

What is interesting to me about AS is the mix of folks who have bought it that I know. A few have played at my house and decided to get one. I know a newbie who played mine ended up getting it as his first pin. I know tournament guys who got AS. A couple of guys who have been around pinball for 20 years who have diverse collections love AS and one said it is the most fun pinball he has ever played.

I agree on the fun part. AS is just a blast.

MET is a great game. I could not do it due to the music though. They made a ton of Met's though and if you miss it get it back later.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Btw... how do you get the grave maker to rise on the Pro?

Buy an actual Rising Grave marker

Perquisite is installing the Total Lightshow package and then buying a Rising Grave Marker mech. You can see it around the 2:00 minute mark and also see the amazing Total Lightshow package and spinners in the beginning.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/npnUe2nxNRTHzWJi2

#11 6 years ago

Metallica might be the better game, but if you've had it for a while it's not crazy at all to swap it out for Aerosmith.

#12 6 years ago

It's not like you are taking a gamble. You guys seem to really enjoy AS. But It! That is what this hobby is all about. If it grows old sell it and get Metallica again. But buy what makes you guys happy. Don't listen to other people when you have played the game and really enjoy it.
Good luck with your decision. Enjoy!

#13 6 years ago

You are not crazy for wanting to own an AS. You should always get what you and/or the wife enjoy playing, regardless of others opinions. But you are crazy for thinking AS is better than MET.

#14 6 years ago

AS is the better game... just worse band.

#15 6 years ago

No AS is plenty fun, I also have Met they are different in many ways.

Go for it. Also owned mustang close to 2 years really liked that as well. Guests play as over met.

My wife doesn't play much at all but likes as.

#16 6 years ago

I have recently realized that in my reality no game is a "forever keeper." So send out a game and get your AS!!! And when that next game starts whispering to you, out with the old and in with the new. Let's face it - games can get stale in a small collection so rotation is required. That keeps your interest in the hobby active. As I see it, you either have a collection of 24-36 games or you keep it under 10 games and rotate 'em.

#17 6 years ago

I own both MET (premium) and AS (premium). They are both great games in their own way and I won't be getting rid of either anytime soon. MET is hubby's (I got it for him for his birthday in 2013) and AS is mine.
If you get the AS and already have MET and are planning to keep both for a bit...You will see they are both different and both worthy of the "love" they get.

Phoebe

#18 6 years ago

I sold metallic a couple months ago. Miss it badly. I've played AS at a couple different places. I liked it, but I would take Metallic over it any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

You are not crazy for wanting to own an AS. You should always get what you and/or the wife enjoy playing, regardless of others opinions. But you are crazy for thinking AS is better than MET.

Perfectly said.
I own both.
But unless Aerosmith gets the same code polish that Metallica received, Metallica will continue to be the better Game.
Not that Aerosmith has bad code, it is good, just not great.

#20 6 years ago

The more I played AS the less I enjoyed it. MET is one of very few pins I'd say are lifetime keepers. Any pin does get stale, but MET is so special.

#21 6 years ago

I've owned both. Found AS to get extremely boring. Metallica is a much better game and has much better staying power.

1 month later
#22 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I sold my MET pro today and Im already missing it, its a void that AS cant fill...

if it was that good then why sell it?

the question of this thread is more generated from people in general overrating Met i think. Is it a great pin? sure, but its not as great as its made out. I personally feel aerosmith is easily the far superior title. All our own tastes but. I owned Met for a good year and got so tired of it. Will never be in my collection again.

A great pin but its also got to be up there with the most overrated also.

#23 6 years ago

Sell Big Hurt or Wipeout to make space and get AS; keep MET.

If you want to try changing things up, go into the settings on MET and set it to only require 5 of each item to light CIU. I do that on mine sometimes, and it’s blast for multiplayer, because all of a sudden folks are hitting CIUs much more frequently, and it becomes a viable head to head strategy. After a month or so, set it back to normal.

AS is good fun, but MET is a classic that will stand the test of time, imo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,600 (OBO)
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/crazy-to-sell-metallica-buy-aerosmith?hl=hankscorpio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.