Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 96 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cait001
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PACMAN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 6 years ago

Interesting. Where can you find auction results?

#7 6 years ago

He just moved out near me from Clovis CA.

I saw part of his collection at his house. Just beyond words the pieces he's got in there. He helped me work out some issues wth my Sega Jumbo.

#14 6 years ago

Yep, up up and away

Quoted from Mopar:

Yea, because those numbers were under "current bid", I had a feeling
    they weren't final, and don't forget, another 20% for fees are added to those
    prices. Maybe the Midget Alley wasn't a final bit yet. That machine (I'll just say)
    is 4X a White Lightning (but really 5 or 6X)..

#16 6 years ago

1000% more than street. Same deal.

Sure.

#54 6 years ago

BOOM!

Quoted from MikeO:

I tallied up $2.46M. That’s just over $2M before 23% buyers premium.

#67 6 years ago

Wonder what my Jumbo is worth.

Quoted from spinal:

Mentioned above but here are details...
    Lot #8: 5¢ Sega Jumbo Arcade Machine.
    http://auctions.morphyauctions.com/mobile/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=281071
    A miniature circus contained in a glass dome, sitting atop a large square box painted with elephants throughout. The game runs extremely smooth but can be very challenging. The objective is to get the elephant to throw the ball into the mobile trapeze thus falling into one of the holes along the circumference of the dome. There are two controls- the left lever controls the side to side movement of the elephant while the right lever controls the vertical movements of the trunk that sucks up the ball. The clown is holding a light and when the light turns on, patron must throw the ball. Winner may receive a prize. Sounds of the circus is played electronically through an 8-track device. Circa 1970. Three keys are provided. Extremely rare, less than five known examples in existence.
    Final Bid (Includes Buyers Premium):
    $25,830

#77 6 years ago

Commercial Real Estate.

Quoted from VDrums2112:

I follow Jon on Facebook and always enjoy seeing his posts about his collections and he posts quite a bit about his house and various projects he has going on there... My question is, what is his story? He sure didn't make the money to collect the way he does selling insurance. He's obviously wealthy and I've never gotten a sense of inflated ego from him seeing his posts or watching his videos. He just seems to enjoy life and the fruits of his labor, whatever that may be... Just curious.
    -Steve

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PACMAN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/crazy-prices-at-the-torrence-collection-auction?tu=PACMAN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.