Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by TreyBo69
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Hey gang doing some housecleaning and came across some old DVDs of my ancient and short-lived Manhattan public access cable show.

Here's the first one, loosely based around a psychedelic EM theme:

Here's one from 2005, shot at the Allentown show.

Episode number 3 - the Pinbot Trilogy - , which starts on the toilet. Brilliant!

#2 2 years ago

You're telling me I've been mispronouncing your name all these years?

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

You are a member of a pretty big club!

#4 2 years ago

Hell yeah! Sweet SG Special riffs!

#5 2 years ago

I'm enjoying this Allentown tour. Thanks for sharing.

#6 2 years ago

Very cool, thanks for posting these.

#7 2 years ago

The Allentown video I heard someone say "The Bubble is about to burst". It may have been because of the Sopranos flippers.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

He will quickly correct you on the phone or in person
    Put the lobster wrestling pics up.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey gang doing some housecleaning and came across some old DVDs of my ancient and short-lived Manhattan public access cable show.
    Here's the first one, loosely based around a psychedelic EM theme:

Here's one from 2005, shot at the Allentown show.

I may have one or two more I'll try to dig them up later. I remember I was halfway through a woodrail show and put it off for a week, which became about 15 years.

Your first link is apparently time-stamped because it starts me at 23 minutes into the video.

Quoted from roffels:

YES!!! I was pronouncing it RIGHT and someone told me it was “Lee-VYE” and so I started saying it like that.
    Finally, vindication.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spiderpin:

It may have been because of the Sopranos flippers.

Funny how back in the 2000s, everyone pretty much hated Stern pins.

All the old guys were “the flippers feel like shit!” “Built like shit!” “Not good code like BW pins!!”

These days ... “I wish these other games had flippers like Stern!!” “I wish everyone had code like Stern!!”

Lol!

Funny how it’s changed.

rd

#11 2 years ago

Oh how right you are Dave!

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

These days ... “I wish these other games had flippers like Stern!!” “I wish everyone had code like Stern!!”

Stern SAM and Spike flippers are better, but the gold standard for me are Fliptronics or Capcom. I do agree on code though. Improvements started early with TSPP and LOTR, but Elwin's games are a whole new level of fun.

#13 2 years ago

Funny, pretty much how I envisioned you Levi... What? no NYC accent? Your not a New Yorka... Where ya from Man? Come On? Oh and I got the pronunciation right! Yes! Cool Video...

#14 2 years ago

Time to pick back up where you left off. Crazy Levi NYC 2021 pinball tv!

#15 2 years ago

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

Hell yeah! Sweet SG Special riffs!

That was a GREAT guitar I never should have sold it. I sold it to a friend for 500 bucks shoulda kept it. He keeps telling me he’ll send it back my way eventually.

#17 2 years ago

Time to get them back on our local access (PEG) stations!

#18 2 years ago

500 for a card whiz back in the day?! That’s fn crazy..awesome to have the vacation tune mixed in the vid..

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Time to get them back on our local access (PEG) stations!

I used to have to mix them down to VHS for broadcast, no joke.

Hopefully they’ve updated their system by now.

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I used to have to mix them down to VHS for broadcast, no joke. ..

Please tell me it was at least SVHS? And by that I mean you drilled the hole in the bottom of the tape?
    I used to sit in front of 30 VHS decks changing them all day. Mostly Sundays were I could watch Football all day, with a hangover; perfect young man's job.

#21 2 years ago

Those videos were great. I still like the idea of EMs more than actual EMs, but Levi’s enthusiasm is contagious. They seem so slow and laggy, like a wide body game, but I suppose that’s part of the appeal.

That Now artwork was bitchin’. I’d buy that game just for that.

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

I think it's "levi as in levity" but he can tell us if that is an approved mnemonic.
    .................David Marston

#23 2 years ago

Ok here's the third and I think Final. I made it halfway through a woodrail show and got distracted by something and now it's 16 years later.

The pinbot trilogy! Mansplained in painstaking detail!

And apparently for some reason I thought it was a good idea to start this episode on the toilet. Interesting choice. Well you should see Spielberg's early public access stuff, it was awful!

This Pinbot was Home Use Only, bought from a rich upper east side family ("kids are grown up") for $500 off Craigslist. Back in those days there weren't 500 people scouring Craigslist every morning and you could actually score deals like this!

#24 2 years ago

I had a Jack Bot, sold it two years ago. After watching this I wished I had it back. I need a bigger house.

#25 2 years ago

Have my BoP a keeper, sold my JB awhile ago and miss it now too. I’ll get the original someday.

#26 2 years ago

Really enjoying these. Thanks for posting.

#27 2 years ago

I believe I was at this show. My how times and prices have changed....

Thanks for posting.

1 year later
    #28 1 year ago

I was asked to bump! Acquired another Now game this weekend. Truly the most beautiful of the Gottlieb psychedelic games!

#29 1 year ago

My favorite part of the opening of you on the toilet is how your pants are down but your underpants are up while you sit on the toilet.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/crazy-levi-s-pinball-supershow-public-access-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.