8 days ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by poppapin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#2 8 days ago

All in the land of the free.

#4 8 days ago

Meh, times have changed. Might be time to just end Halloween. Have a costume party open to the public instead. Our kids don't need pounds of sugary candy, they barely exercise as it is.

And getting treats used to be a special occasion, now it's near pointless imho.

Ymmv.

#5 8 days ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

Meh, times have changed. Might be time to just end Halloween. Have a costume party open to the public instead. Our kids don't need pounds of sugary candy, they barely exercise as it is.
    And getting treats used to be a special occasion, now it's near pointless imho.
    Ymmv.

They sure Have! In the 60s, we went for UNICEF, Not Candy.
    Raising funds for Children in need around the world.
    Todays climate is not that.

#6 8 days ago

It's a fun thing for kids. I have noticed a decline in trick or treaters over the years. Could just be my neighborhood too. Was always fun to see the decorations and compete with your friends to see who could get more. Ah youth....

#7 8 days ago

If the weather is nice...approximately 250, (last 20 plus years) if it's frigged cold and rainy, maybe 75 ..depends on your neighborhood.
    Kids around here have always been appreciative to us houses that bring in the fun of Halloween...They have been polite and thank-full, it's a 2 way street...if they want to take the time to dress up, I take the time to make the house and yard crazy..we both win. Something that I enjoyed as a kid ..and I want those kids to have the tradition that we all grew up with. Parties at the mall...was not. depends on your neighborhood..I feel very comfortable with mine, as do the kids and parents.

#8 8 days ago

So what, are children supposed to take 2 pieces of government issued ID with them?

#9 8 days ago

Yea, people are pathetic. Id like to see them lock up a 13 year old for Trick or Treating and see the outrage of that.

When teenagers come to my door and they are too old (most of the time not dressed up), they dont get any candy. I dont think we need laws for everything when the people can govern themselves.

This country has more laws than any other. Free? Far from it.

#11 8 days ago

What is killing Halloween are these damn "Trunk or Treat" set ups in parking lots... total bullshit. The kids don't even have to walk a block to get their candy?!

We go balls-to-the-wall full-throttle for Halloween. The exterior of the house is decorated to the limit. Multiple fog machines, strobelights, gory animatronic decorations, a 14' skull projected onto the front of the house, rubber severed limbs scattered across the lawn, my friend in a leatherface mask running at children with a de-chained chainsaw, Slayer blaring, and multiple FULL SIZED CANDYBARS for the kids brave enough to get to the door. It is my favorite night of the year. Had over 200 trick or treaters last year, 11 of whom were criers (which was a new low, had 26 the year before). Parents always laugh and compliment us for going all out.

#12 8 days ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

They sure Have! In the 60s, we went for UNICEF, Not Candy.
    Raising funds for Children in need around the world.
    Todays climate is not that.

Umm, we had those Unicef containers, but we still went for the candy. I used to use a pillow case that ended up half filled or more!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 28.00
    $ 23.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Forever
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 219.99
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,500.00
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 22.50
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Lighting - Other
    Slap Save Creations
    $ 249.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside