(Topic ID: 63014)

Craziest Bounces

By jayhawkai

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3218.JPG
    ball.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

I've had a few "the ball is wild" moments recently and had to share:

1. Not that impressive, but I've nailed the left ramp on Tron hard enough that the ball drops onto the inlane with enough spin that it works itself up and into the outlane. That's happened a couple times.

2. STTNG during Borg multiball. Hit the Borg ship, then got one ball cradled on each flipper quickly. A couple seconds later, the ball launches down the playfield from the ship, hits the tip of my right flipper and goes straight up the playfield into the jackpot scoop.

3. Just last night I had Iron Monger up on Iron Man. Monger's magnet flung the ball so fast down the right outlane that it hit the apron apron with enough speed to death save itself (or is that an outlane Lazarus?).

Anyone else have any crazy (or crazzy) bounces to share?

#2 10 years ago

I was playing Shrek last night and kept backhanding the captive ball for donkey pinball. It had enough spin or something to hit the captive ball and fall spin back and up into the scoop.

#3 10 years ago

Not really a bounce, but I always love when the magnets on XMen throw the balls completely up the ramps! Thanks, Magneto!

#4 10 years ago

I've nailed the 5 mil target so hard on my TZ beside the scoop several times that have sent it over the top of the flippers and into a death save. I've got 6.5 degree tilt on that sucker too.

#5 10 years ago

Balanced on top of the trunk on Theatre of Magic!

#6 10 years ago

I recently had a jackpot shot from the gun in T2 bounce back up at the gun and land trapped in the wires along the right side of the gun. It released my locked ball back to me and just kept giving me super jackpots shots continuously (assuming I had two balls "in play").

When I lost that ball, the other was still stuck alongside the gun, never to be found or released. This was on location so I had to get someone to come take off the glass and free it.

#7 10 years ago

I was playing White Water a little while ago and the ball bounced over the upper left flipper when I flipped and landed on the Bigfoot's cave ramp.

#8 10 years ago

TSPP - off right ramp post into I&S hole with all drop targets up
    Diner - center targets onto left ramp
    JP - raptor pit to left flipper onto the ramp that crosses the center of the playfield

#9 10 years ago

WH2O - ball drained so fast down the center, that it ricocheted up the left outlane and activated the kickback, putting it back into play.

Quoted from Crash:

the ball bounced over the upper left flipper when I flipped and landed on the Bigfoot's cave ramp.

This also happened once.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheShameGovernor:

WH2O - ball drained so fast down the center, that it ricocheted up the left outlane and activated the kickback, putting it back into play.

I've had that happen on my Swords of Fury as well.

#11 10 years ago

Quoted from Finrod:

I've had that happen on my Swords of Fury as well.

Had this happen playing Eight Ball. Guess it's not as crazy as it seems...

viperrwk

#12 10 years ago

On my uncle's nice Earthshaker with mylar removed the ball spins everywhere. The inner loop will bounce into the kickout hole, hitting the right edge of the center ramp will spin into the scoop.

#13 10 years ago

Avatar: Amp magnet flung the ball into the Link lock.

#14 10 years ago

I just did this same thing on a Hot Shots last week

This also happened once.

#15 10 years ago

I air balled into a spot on my Cue Ball Wizard that has probably a 1 in a million chance of ever happening again. It was the spot on the left side of the PF where the habit trail has a little bend in it. It leaves a space almost the same diameter as the ball, but somehow I ricocheted the pinball off the cueball and it landed in there. I had to remove the glass to finish my game..

Here's where it landed.

ball.jpgball.jpg

#16 10 years ago

Flash Gordon - Somehow my shot jumped on top of the plastics on the left. Rode them all the way down to the outlane.

#17 10 years ago

On my IJ, I've hit the Quick Multiball drop target and seen it bounce under the plane but over the three drop target bank and back to the left flipper. Crazy bounces are the norm on this machine. Completely insane game.

#18 10 years ago

24, hit the terrorist targets in front of the safe house; drop reset slams the ball to the glass, rolls over the 'helicopter' blades and then onto the left ramp. Hate when that happens. One of these days, game over; helicopter.

#19 10 years ago

My craziest bounce is the bounce that never was...

IMG_3218.JPGIMG_3218.JPG

#20 10 years ago

What I want to know is has anyone ever had the ball bounce up and hit the glass so hard it shattered? Is it even possible with tempered glass that isn't already compromised?

I hit bell in acdc so hard once it smashed into glass on the way up and the way back down.

Had several balls hit the apron and bounce back in as well as had balls bounce over flippers and drain instantly. I've seen magneto throw the ball up the right ramp, had a ball bounce through the pf on avengers (right side of hulks left fist between the rubbers), had a few balls bounce off the cosmic cube and hulk letters onto the hawkeye metal ramp.

Balls also take some crazy bounces off of sparkys feet in Metallica. Gonna break a plastic or something eventually because of it as it happens a lot.

#21 10 years ago

When Keith was still at Stern... Spiderman epic airball.

#22 10 years ago

Afm - ball hit left sling and was flung off the right side of the cab, into shooter lane

#23 10 years ago

A few days ago playing BSD I smashed the center lock targets, lighting the castle lock, and the ball launched onto the habitrail and into the lock. Left me awestruck for a moment.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from SteveP3:

When Keith was still at Stern... spiderman epic airball.
    » YouTube video

What year was that?

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from jaydawg0006:

What I want to know is has anyone ever had the ball bounce up and hit the glass so hard it shattered? Is it even possible with tempered glass that isn't already compromised?

I actually knocked a piece over onto my concrete garage floor and it did not break. Might have been luck but it reminded me of this video. It's amazing how strong the glass is except for the edges.

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

What year was that?

The youtube video says May 2007, I'm guessing somewhere around then.

#27 10 years ago

I had a ball land on the monorail from a 3rd flipper shot off the Kwik E Mart standup target on TSPP. Crazy.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/craziest-bounces and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.