(Topic ID: 48772)

Crappy pins in the wild

By PurpleTophat

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MB.JPG
    TAF.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_faz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 10 years ago

I love playing on location. Great variety short of Expo. When I go to a bar, I know it's a crap-shoot, but certain places make it known that they are into Pinball.

I've not made it to Lloyd's place but I'm sure the games are fantastic.

I do go to The 1UP in Denver every chance I can get. Lots of games; always new titles and the games are always perfect and clean. Using the pinball map, I found several other places with a bunch of games in the area and loaded them in my GPS just in case I happened to be close.

Last week the traffic on the interstate was insane so I jumped off the hwy and headed to Moe's BBQ. This place is a bowling ally that has 6-7 games. All games were in really poor shape. Weak flippers, features did not work and every case, dirty as all get out. I found one game that worked for the most part but I actually had to squint through the dirty glass to see where my ball was.

This seems pretty business as usual for a place that **happens** to have pins. But covering the tops of the pins were postcards promoting a pinball show. I mean really... are you going to be excited about going to a show after playing (or not playing) these pins.

Very frustrating. I had two rolls of quarters in my pocket and I only spent about $6.

On the plus side, the BBQ was very good

Gotta try to make the drive to Lyons one of these days..but that's over an hour from my work location.

faz

#59 10 years ago

I've played dirty games before, I just did not realize how much in disrepair they were. Cool titles too. I never got to play a DE Star Trek before and once I was able to play a breakshot at Korn's house. There was also a Surf 'n Safari. That was the one with the dirty glass and it played really well (tossed my initials on the game too). The majority of my money went into this game.
    faz

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_faz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/crappy-pins-in-the-wild?tu=pinball_faz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.