(Topic ID: 48772)

Crappy pins in the wild

By PurpleTophat

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MB.JPG
    TAF.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phishrace.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from PurpleTophat:

Any operators who are on this site need to start updating the pin map!

I do. In return, I would appreciate it if you would let someone at the business know if any of the games need attention. Lots of folks complaining in this thread, but I don't see many trying to get things fixed. The goal shouldn't be to map all the bad pins out there. It should be to get most all of the games on the map in good working order.

I play on location regularly (besides my own games). Before I write off any location, I always try at least once to get repairs made. Business owners want to know if their games can earn more. You will run into lazy ops, but most business owners want to know how they can make more money. Tell someone the issues, then come back a week later if possible to see if anything was done.

Quoted from PurpleTophat:

When you fix something, tell us about it. When you switch a machine out, update it!

Sure. In return, please tell someone if you find a problem. They can't fix themselves!

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I wish more ops would put an email for machine comments on the rules card.

It is much easier that way, but from my experience, you get better results by telling someone who works there. The business calling the op gets a lot more attention than an email from a player. Yes, you do have to talk to a human and tell them their games suck, but it gets better results.

Quoted from Aurich:

Whenever I see that it says to me that the machine is more likely to be taken care of.

I don't have any contact info on my games, but when a problem is reported, I get a call right away and I fix it within 24 hours. If the equipment is in good shape, there's no need for any contact info. Last thing I want is 18 emails a month asking me if I want to sell my EATPM.

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from accidental:

Is there any economical sense (time or money) to ops neglecting their pins?

Like Lloyd said, I should know better...

In locations that cater strictly to casual players (theater arcades, boardwalks, amusement parks, etc), increasing maintenance costs doesn't pay off. A game barely working is not much different than a completely working game to a casual player. Both will earn about the same.

If it's not a tourist trap location, your earning are directly proportional to the maintenance you put into the game. Regular location players can be very picky. I'm both an operator and a regular location player.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phishrace.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/crappy-pins-in-the-wild?tu=phishrace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.