(Topic ID: 48772)

Crappy pins in the wild

By PurpleTophat

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MB.JPG
    TAF.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider centerflank.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 10 years ago

I was at Epthegeek's last night, he was saying that place in Lombard, Enchanted Castle had solid machines.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from mattenno:

They have all Stern games, so they will have a lot of repairs in the future.

Yes, Bally/williams/gottlieb/sega/capcom/data east have never needed 1 repair ever in the history of pinball.

#26 10 years ago

Check my collection, I love them all, I dont own any gottlieb/data's/sega's but Id never blast them ever! Check every post Ive ever made.

This is a pinball Lovin site, right?

#28 10 years ago

Yes, STERN!, The only company you can call up any distributor and get a NIB in your house 2-3days later.......THANK YOU STERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#31 10 years ago

This TAF Hilton just hooked me up with, is a slight project, within a few hours of monkeying with it, is a way better play than the TAF at Fox Lanes in Waukesha.

Operators for random locations need to step big time, this is what really hurts the pin hobby.

I know a few location operators on here are awesome(doughslingers for example) but he's in the minority.

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I know a few location operators on here are awesome(doughslingers for example) but he's in the minority.

I should ad LTG in there also, Ive never been by his place, but I assume everything is quite pristine.

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from mattenno:

I love Stern's, but I also have played quite a few on location. Compared to the Bally/Williams I've come across, they seem to have more issues.

Well, in my experience...since Ive owned them

LOTR=0 issues
    Xmen=1 broken nylon tip of a plunger assembly
    Avenger=0 issues, although my Topper was shorting out and blowing fuses, non Stern related
    Tron=0 issues

The B/W games Ive owned need much more attention, but they were much older as well...

1 week later
    #62 10 years ago

Yes,avoid Fox Lanes! Jukebox Larry does not keep his games up.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider centerflank.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/crappy-pins-in-the-wild?tu=centerflank and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.