(Topic ID: 214768)

Crap weather

By Diospinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E9643BDF-24C6-4B14-B723-45BBB100E152 (resized).jpeg
    20180416_125635 (resized).jpg
    7_DAY_Los Angeles (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I know part of life in the midwest is having to deal with stupid snow and ice storms... And I really didn't think this storm was much to worry about today. Just a little bit of ice, but shouldn't have been a big deal. So my brother, and my father, and I were all heading to the MGC... And we were about 35 minutes out and thats when we hit a patch of ice that sent out whole day crashing abruptly along with his truck into a concrete wall. Guess, that's one way to play some pinball... We're all fine, but really sore, truck will probably be wrecked and my brother will have to bear that cost... Still could have been worse. I just really was looking forward to trip with my brother and father. These trips we probably have more behind us than in front of us. But, at least we got through it, and hopefully we will do a one weather permitting.
    So I hope all the other pinside members who went got there and home safely. And on a side note... Looks like I'm going to probably pay extra to get my Iron Maiden delievered to my home... Just too much can happen... This is the second time in a year that I have been in a bad wreck... Both times not my fault and this wasn't my brothers, we just hit a bad patch and it sent us out of control and there was no way he was going to get it back... And he wasn't going fast. About 50 on the road. Which is what all the other traffic was doing....
    Just a bummer was looking forward to pinballing it up.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

100+ gallons in my basement today. Thought we had fixed this nightmare. No pins were affected, but lost ANOTHER rug.

Ohhh and my basement flooded too.... I had paid a plumbing company to rod, but they did jack and all... And just really poked a small hole through the blockage. But, I then got a free video service from my town, and then hired a different company. They were cheaper, and did the job right. Only cost me 160 dollars... And they removed so much weeds from my pipes.
    Sadly I had to break a window to pump the water out... But, I was planning on installing a sump and using that window... so its not a horrible ordeal... Just have to fix it very, very soon, but I have no tools or know how... So I have to wait until this weekend to get it fixed.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/crap-weather?tu=diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.