1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Diospinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E9643BDF-24C6-4B14-B723-45BBB100E152 (resized).jpeg
    20180416_125635 (resized).jpg
    7_DAY_Los Angeles (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

I know part of life in the midwest is having to deal with stupid snow and ice storms... And I really didn't think this storm was much to worry about today. Just a little bit of ice, but shouldn't have been a big deal. So my brother, and my father, and I were all heading to the MGC... And we were about 35 minutes out and thats when we hit a patch of ice that sent out whole day crashing abruptly along with his truck into a concrete wall. Guess, that's one way to play some pinball... We're all fine, but really sore, truck will probably be wrecked and my brother will have to bear that cost... Still could have been worse. I just really was looking forward to trip with my brother and father. These trips we probably have more behind us than in front of us. But, at least we got through it, and hopefully we will do a one weather permitting.
    So I hope all the other pinside members who went got there and home safely. And on a side note... Looks like I'm going to probably pay extra to get my Iron Maiden delievered to my home... Just too much can happen... This is the second time in a year that I have been in a bad wreck... Both times not my fault and this wasn't my brothers, we just hit a bad patch and it sent us out of control and there was no way he was going to get it back... And he wasn't going fast. About 50 on the road. Which is what all the other traffic was doing....
    Just a bummer was looking forward to pinballing it up.

#2 1 year ago

Glad you and your family are fine.
    My relatives in the UP of Michigan are in the middle of a predicted 12-20 inches of snow.
    They had 6 inches by noon today.
    Stuff they had scheduled for tomorrow is already cancelled.

#3 1 year ago

Scary stuff, glad you're all okay! Ice is just crazy dangerous and there's not a whole lot you can do about it. It's weird how everything can change in a blink of an eye.

#4 1 year ago

Vehicles can be replaced, people can’t. Glad ur ok, we had a white knuckle drive ourselves.

#5 1 year ago

Glad you're ok - the trip to Detroit from the show this morning was no picnic either.

#6 1 year ago

This storm sucks. Glad it was just a truck and nothing more serious. To avoid a similar fate, I skipped the after party for MGC last night. One of my favorite events of the year, but skating home tired at 2AM just seemed like a bad idea. April 15th... brilliant.

#7 1 year ago

as said before, you cant replace people. glad you all made it out ok. can always pinball it up later. its been a bad storm from north to south. numerous tornadoes tore people's houses apart. mother nature needs to take a break. will be dealing with this storm in the morning....

#8 1 year ago

Glad to hear you are OK. I am in Michigan and I tell you what this is the craziest weather I have seen in quite a few years. Especially for April. We pretty much just took the weekend off and stayed home and played pinball and golden gate ee

#9 1 year ago

Glad to hear your all ok. Im in the Toronto area and this is unreal. Its been a mixture of rain, freezing rain, hail, and snow for almost 3 days now. Its just brutal.

#10 1 year ago

100+ gallons in my basement today. Thought we had fixed this nightmare. No pins were affected, but lost ANOTHER rug.

#11 1 year ago

I bet it really tied the room together.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Not very nice ...

#13 1 year ago

Snowfall warning in Calgary again today... a foot of snow on my local golf course means the courses won't be open any time soon. Worst winter / spring in a long... long time. I feel sometimes that we will just go right into fall.

#14 1 year ago

What happened to global warming?

#15 1 year ago

It's fine here

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Not very nice ...

It was a compliment!

Anyway, yeah, totally sick of this crap. Might have to pack a flamethrower for PATZ so I can at least ensure it's warm & dry in my immediate vicinity.

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from yancy:

It was a compliment!

Sorry, took it the wrong way. My apologies.

#18 1 year ago

Weather in Toronto sucks right now real bad but this happens sometimes in April the problem is I was starting to love working outside on the house and windows open all that then a weekend of shit. Hopefully this is the last of it for this year.

#19 1 year ago

Interesting discussion here.

7_DAY_Los Angeles (resized).jpg

#20 1 year ago

This entire winter has been downright depressing. Feels like it will never end.

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Although not strictly weather related, here's another link:
    https://www.earthquaketrack.com/r/greater-los-angeles-area-california/recent

I'll deal with a little snow.

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

Although not strictly weather related, here's another link:
    https://www.earthquaketrack.com/r/greater-los-angeles-area-california/recent
    I'll deal with a little snow.

I'll take those earthquakes and nice weather over those tornadoes and shoveling endless amounts of snow any day.

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I almost never downvote, but weather envy got the best of me. Sorry man.

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I almost never downvote, but weather envy got the best of me. Sorry man.

I can handle a few thumbs down, no problem. As long as my weekend tan lasts until my next day off.

#25 1 year ago

I meant to attach this pic.

Glad youre OK dios

Even if you are a metalhead

20180416_125635 (resized).jpg

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The nicest winter i can ever remember down here.

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I think the Dude would agree with you lol

E9643BDF-24C6-4B14-B723-45BBB100E152 (resized).jpeg

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

100+ gallons in my basement today. Thought we had fixed this nightmare. No pins were affected, but lost ANOTHER rug.

Ohhh and my basement flooded too.... I had paid a plumbing company to rod, but they did jack and all... And just really poked a small hole through the blockage. But, I then got a free video service from my town, and then hired a different company. They were cheaper, and did the job right. Only cost me 160 dollars... And they removed so much weeds from my pipes.
    Sadly I had to break a window to pump the water out... But, I was planning on installing a sump and using that window... so its not a horrible ordeal... Just have to fix it very, very soon, but I have no tools or know how... So I have to wait until this weekend to get it fixed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 28.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 40.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 17.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 17.00
    $ 49.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 12.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 69.50
    Boards
    Pinball Haus
    $ 25.00
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Whitewater pinball mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 9.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside