Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by wizzardz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CL_add.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

I know that bad craigslist ads are a dime a dozen, but if these ever become a pop culture art form some time in the future I submit this masterpiece for your review:
    seattle.craigslist.org link

The seller must have had so much go wrong for them in life (some mixture of happenstance, poor decisions, genetics and bad luck) that I actually feel kind of bad they would consider this an acceptable for sale post.

Who knows, maybe they were just having a bad day, but it seems reallly unlikely.

#2 11 years ago

It's obvious that spellcheck doesn't work on CL posts.

#3 11 years ago

LMAO! That gave me my morning chuckle. While obviously the hydroplane took the cake it is pretty funny when people say "I never tried plugging it in" . . . well take the four seconds of time out of your life and plug it in so you can type "I plugged it in and it turned on".

#4 11 years ago

The person is so busy that they don't even have time to take the junk off the top of their machine before taking a picture and trying to sell it. Which means they clearly do not have the extra 4 seconds of time to spare to plug it in.

#5 11 years ago

I never plugged it in is code for i have open it up and messed with everthing and i don't know why it doesn't work.

#6 11 years ago

Throw in the hydroplane, ugly painting, fire pokers, toy boxes and wood paneling and we got ourselves a deal!

#7 11 years ago

based on the picture, that thing is worth at least $900

somebody hurry up and jump on that.

#8 11 years ago

I don't know that I"m supposed to capitalize my own name, but I do know to capitalize "Thank you"...

#9 11 years ago

Is he trying to sell the boat as well?

#10 11 years ago

Screenshot for posterity

CL_add.jpgCL_add.jpg

#11 11 years ago

I've seen worse - 5 bills for a hi hand .....

#12 11 years ago

See the line on the wall? It's the high water mark! Boat docked there during the flood! Haa!

#13 11 years ago

I researched it a bit just now.

Per Mr Pinball List & Price Guide: it is by Williams, 1957, and estimated to be < 930 made.
    The features include M+ --> electromechanical, symetrical playfield (that's it).
    My 2006 price guide ironically has $500 listed for it (for a "very good" condition machine).

Per ipdb: Shoot 5 balls onto bingo-style playfield to fall in holes to light up poker hand in backglass. Number of flippers = 0

My guess is you could get it for less if they don't bother to clean off the stuff before taking a pic, nor bother to spray clean the glass, etc.
    Sounds like dian doesn't mess w/ pinball machines, and just wants it out of the house and to have some $$ for it.
    If you wanted a flipperless game and lived in that area, and if playfield not badly worn, it's one you may want to consider. The playfield layout & artwork look ok to me per pics on ipdb.
    With that said, I will pass on this opportunity, and leave it for someone else.

MLV

#14 11 years ago

Allow me to translate:

"Sorry about this single bad photo. I was too lazy to move the hydroplane (which is included) and get a decent picture of the playfield. I don't have 4 seconds to spare, too busy. Otherwise I would've moved my hydroplane and set up a seperate ad for it. Nice piece, offers accepted. Send me an e-mail. As for this flipper machine(?), nothing is broken. I know this because I never plugged it in and turned it on. Buy with confidence. I also don't know what it's called. For more info call Dian, and don't mention this ad."

#15 11 years ago

There are even more models on the top of the backbox.

Moving to marketplace

#16 11 years ago

He has no time to move the junk, but he has time to download the photo, go onto CL and type out an ad? It's possible this is an old photo, and he doesn't currently have a camera. I smell POS pinball being masked by junk

#17 11 years ago

I've seen worse. It least there's a picture. You can at least tell that the cabinet is pretty nice, at least one side. It isn't like you're going to trust her if she says it works 100%, right?

#18 11 years ago

Whats next >>>>>>Hi I have a toilet on craigslist for sale sorry theres poop in it ,just too lazy to flush?

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

Whats next >>>>>>Hi I have a toilet on craigslist for sale sorry theres poop in it ,just too lazy to flush?

With the right mixture of honest spelling mistakes... that could be a masterpiece in waiting as well (a bit too disgusting mind you).

The thing I found fascinating about this is the bizzare mix of lazy, spelling errors, a relatively decent but still totally crap picture, and a somewhat reasonable price that you know the seller would likely lower if you started waving money around. Sorry, I did not have time to stop at the bank and I only had $300, but I actually did not have time to count it. Here is a random amount of money, I am sure you don't have time to count it either .

Craigslist terrible ad perfection.... thank you for capturing the screenshot so future generations can know why society went to hell .

#20 11 years ago

I want to know if they spelled their name correctly.

#21 11 years ago

Here`s a strange one. Man Cave? (williamsport.craigslist.org link)

#22 11 years ago

^^ That's a decent price if the love doll is included.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

^^ That's a decent price if the love doll is included.

And she is an amputee! Missing a finger or two!

#24 11 years ago

In the 4th picture there is also a random hand appearing on the right side grabbing the exercise equipment... that looks like it is a mannequin. Maybe the whole "man cave" is full of stuff like that. I am also curious about her clothing choice. Was she too innappropriate so he put red panties on her?

#26 11 years ago

Man cave or luv cave with a creepy doll. Would be giving that pin a clean with some hospital grade cleaning stuff before playing!

#27 11 years ago

To bad I have zero interest in that pin.

It is less than an hour away from me and it would be interesting to see what else is in the room (and the owner).

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from mg81:

To bad I have zero interest in that pin.
    It is less than an hour away from me and it would be interesting to see what else is in the room (and the owner).

Would you bring a friend to (hopefully) avoid spending the rest of your life in a potential love dungeon, Pulp Fiction style? I have never had an inclination to bring my wife with me to look at a pin, I would not have her coming with me to that particular "game room" in a million years.

Good find, nothing like combining pinball with life size sexy(?) manequins.

#29 11 years ago

I was looking for a good description of what I thought I might see, I think Pulp Fiction gimp dungeon is a good guess of what you would see.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from ChooChooBarn:

It's obvious that spellcheck doesn't work on CL posts.

You think that's bad, check out this ad:
    eauclaire.craigslist.org link

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

ROFL

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from Overphase:

I think he typed that with his feet.

#33 11 years ago

Nothing broken but I never plugged it in?
    Possible....but not likely.

One local pin flipper / bottom feeder purchased a machine that was actually on fire once. Owner sold it cheap basically for parts value. The same game ended up being listed for sale on fleabay and craigslist. A few people knew the machine and we had fun asking question like " whats the inside look like"? The replies were "I lost the keys and cant get inside " and "its in nice shape".

On the other hand my friend purchased a machine from a lady and she said it did not work. He went to look at it and she plugged it in and said "see it does not work". She had no idea the switch was on the bottom.

(It did in fact work )

Listing are the fun part of the hunt!

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

And she is an amputee! Missing a finger or two!

hey now! that just makes her "special"

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from Overphase:

quoted for posterity:

rock on pinball 1985 - $200 (rice lake wis)

85 rockon pamira new plywood cabnet works somtimes.1972 exspress wayvery clean looks new and plays 2 nd owner but has flaken on back glass 600.and black water 100 grate shape 1000 .1995 strike and spar grate shape 1700 open to pin trades.call 715-651-1323 or tex

I love this part "call 715-651-1323 or tex", because apparently everyone from miles around knows tex and has his phone no. that they didn't even feel the need to have to list it

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

quoted for posterity:

I love this part "call 715-651-1323 or tex", because apparently everyone from miles around knows tex and has his phone no. that they didn't even feel the need to have to list it

I think they meant text, but managed to mispell this as well.

Literacy, its not a universal trait.

#37 11 years ago

craigslist sucks

#38 11 years ago

Here`s another >>>Like why would you have to show pictures of a pinball/vid game (maybe they want to make sure they look similar WTH!! When your trading wood for them ,show what your trading with ? Dumb ass allentown.craigslist.org link

1 month later
    #42 11 years ago

Seriously... If you want funny shit from Craigslist, check out the Musicians ads... haha Planet Of The Apes Band....

newjersey.craigslist.org link

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from IntoPinball:

Seriously... If you want funny shit from Craigslist, check out the Musicians ads... haha Planet Of The Apes Band....
    newjersey.craigslist.org link

Whats next the geico caveman band?

#44 11 years ago

For future Craigslist fails make sure there is a screenshot so that once the ads are deleted or expired everyone can still admire the advertisers' fabulous work.

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from IntoPinball:

Planet Of The Apes

I wonder if they cover The Monkeys songs

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/craigstlist-epic-fail and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.