9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by PMcGee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

never mind

Post edited by PMcGee: not worthy of posting

#2 9 years ago

Any of the low price adds that have an atgmail listed are spam. They have been all over the place lately. Craigslist also has an auto flag feature that will start removing adds that people post in multiple cities. I had to get 3 different email accounts just to put a wanted add it 3 different cities because CL was deleting all of them. Then I see people post in 10 cities and they get away with it. No idea why some of this is happening.

#3 9 years ago

oops

Post edited by PMcGee: not a worthy post

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from PMcGee:

I search Craigslist a couple of times a day for local pinball machines for sale. Don't we all? We usually have 2-3, sometimes more, new listings a day on top of 10-20 stale ads that just kind of hang around for a while. For the last week or so, pickings have been slim to none. Not even any stale ads. Puzzling.
    Just for grins, I checked Search Tempest, and it showed many pins were listed today that do not show up on the local Craigslist. I saw (at) gmail ads were on Dallas and Austin today, so it could be that some of these that don't appear were posted by that brain trust and rightfully flagged as spam. Since I never got to see them, I don't know for sure. I fear a cereal flagger is amongst us. I say cereal because it seems someone whizzed in his cheerios.
    Demo man Demolition Man pinball pin machine wide body
    1 hour ago houston.craigslist.org
    1994 roadshow Pinball
    11 hours ago houston.craigslist.org
    South Park pinball
    7 hours ago houston.craigslist.org
    South Park pinball
    11 hours ago houston.craigslist.org
    Williams SlugFest Baseball Pinball
    1 day ago houston.craigslist.org
    Stop Looking for Games and Start Playing
    Wanted - Firepower Pinball Machine -Williams
    2 days ago houston.craigslist.org
    1980 Bally Silverball Mania Pinball Machine
    Capcom Breakshot Pinball Machine
    1980 Bally Silverball Mania Pinball Machine
    1973 Monte Carlo Pinball Machine
    When I clicked on these links, except for a couple of the newer ones, I got the old "this ad has been flagged" message. Zip - what the flip? Even the machines wanted ads are being flagged.
    Houston Pinsiders - let's root out this rogue and tell him he needs to play nice or we are going to tell his Mama. Just ain't right. I hope that he is just out of "the home" for the weekend and will go back to making potholders on Tuesday.

Not for nothing, but I think it's futile to even post this here. Pretty safe bet that the flagger isn't a pinsider, and CL flag submissions are anonymous.

#5 9 years ago

I don't think one person can get an add removed can they?

#6 9 years ago

Just thought it was curious.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/craigslist-who-is-the-houston-flagger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.