Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

R911 (resized).JPG
RU911 (resized).JPG
Rescue911 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Hi,
This is my first thread. Saw this Rescue 911 pin show up on Craigslist this morning, the price was $1000. After contacting them, they said it's now $1,250 and it was a mistake..

Anyway, after they told me the price was raised, I told them not interested.

Looking at the pics, the playfield looks pretty bad around the flippers. Would this have been a decent deal around $1K if it was working properly? Haven't played this machine before, but the reviews make it seem decent

thanks

raleigh.craigslist.org link

Rescue911 (resized).jpgRescue911 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from CollinT:

Would this have been a decent deal around $1K if it was working properly?

Not with the cosmetic damage, no. That is unusual for this game. Usually, you will find wear in the inlanes where the ball drops, and on the police car between the pop bumpers.

You could probably fix the wear by putting decals down, but I don't like to do that in areas that close to the player, since they are usually noticeable.

Quoted from CollinT:

After contacting them, they said it's now $1,250 and it was a mistake..

That sometimes happens when they figure out their stuff might be worth more than they originally thought. Usually, that ends up pricing their stuff outside of what people might be willing to buy it for, though.

#3 6 years ago

There's a mint condition one to me locally that's listed for 1300 that hasn't sold and it looks light years better than this one for "1K." Lame on the seller to raise the price after being contacted.

#4 6 years ago

Too much $$ for that condition.

#5 6 years ago

Appreciate the advise, not going to buy it! Pretty lame sellers indeed

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from CollinT:

Hi,
This is my first thread. Saw this Rescue 911 pin show up on Craigslist this morning, the price was $1000. After contacting them, they said it's now $1,250 and it was a mistake..
Anyway, after they told me the price was raised, I told them not interested.
Looking at the pics, the playfield looks pretty bad around the flippers. Would this have been a decent deal around $1K if it was working properly? Haven't played this machine before, but the reviews make it seem decent
thanks

Welcome to the site. First, good move on not getting too attached to this game. I personally think Rescue 911 is a turd of a game, and the one you showed is an absolute no-go with that wear. To each their own, Rescue 911 looks ok with some cool gimmicks, but I think the layout is boring as anything and think there are much better Gottlieb's made.

If you're looking at spending around $1000 for a game to complement your Mousin', I'd recommend going with a slightly older Bally/Williams which may not have helicopters flying around and whatnot, but will have much better gameplay and feel more like Mousin'. Depending on condition, you can sometimes find a local Firepower, Cyclone, Space Shuttle, Blackout, or Sorcerer which will provide much more fun IMO and shouldn't break the bank.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Depending on condition, you can sometimes find a local Firepower, Cyclone, Space Shuttle, Blackout, or Sorcerer which will provide much more fun IMO and shouldn't break the bank.

I'd pull Cyclone out of that list, at least from what I have seen that one has skyrocketed in price. usually around $1500-$1800 for decent players condition. I would expect a $1000 Cyclone to be trashed. Just my thoughts.

#8 6 years ago

Sorry man, welcome to Craigslist...

#9 6 years ago

Somebody will pay it hahaha.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Welcome to the site. First, good move on not getting too attached to this game. I personally think Rescue 911 is a turd of a game, and the one you showed is an absolute no-go with that wear. To each their own, Rescue 911 looks ok with some cool gimmicks, but I think the layout is boring as anything and think there are much better Gottlieb's made.
If you're looking at spending around $1000 for a game to complement your Mousin', I'd recommend going with a slightly older Bally/Williams which may not have helicopters flying around and whatnot, but will have much better gameplay and feel more like Mousin'. Depending on condition, you can sometimes find a local Firepower, Cyclone, Space Shuttle, Blackout, or Sorcerer which will provide much more fun IMO and shouldn't break the bank.

I thought the worn out spot on the Rescue 911 looked strange, defiantly a no-go!

Thanks for the machine ideas to compliment Mousin' ! I've added them to my wishlist. Cyclone & Sorcerer looks sweet!

#11 6 years ago

Yeah, I saw that same one and checked out the photos. Playfield thrashed like that was a dealbreaker for me at $1,000. I wasn't in love with the theme to begin with, but a DMD Gottlieb for $1,000 was worth considering if the playfield wasn't beat to death.

#12 6 years ago

Not to mention the helicopter is broken its not supposed to be in the middle of the playfield in game over mode.

#13 6 years ago

Welcome also... Plenty of other pins to check out.. For a first pin and 1k or more. Maybe not the best choice.....Chitty for the guy to raise his price after you communicated.... What else was he hiding about this pin.?.. Consider that when looking ...

#14 6 years ago

Glad you found this site before jumping on that turd of a game. This site has an entire thread to comedy such as the one you found!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I'd pull Cyclone out of that list, at least from what I have seen that one has skyrocketed in price. usually around $1500-$1800 for decent players condition. I would expect a $1000 Cyclone to be trashed. Just my thoughts.

My Cyclone was $900 and matched the 'trashed' label. MAJOR PF wear, Backbox wheel broken and laying in the base of the cabinet. Dead displays, broken ramps, broken plastics, etc etc etc. I had to put a ton of work into it and about $600 in parts.

IMHO: If the game is 100% working, $1250 isn't 'terrible' but is a little high. There are a few games I would pay that extra bump for but this isn't one of them.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Not with the cosmetic damage, no. That is unusual for this game. Usually, you will find wear in the inlanes where the ball drops

I believe they have the wrong flipper rubbers installed. Gottliebs require the narrow flipper rubber. Putting on the standard ones causes the ball to "dig into" the playfield when flipped because they ride over the flanges on the bat.

I found a much nicer one for 900. Game gets old fast.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Somebody will pay it hahaha.

Yep, there is a sucker born every minute !!

3 weeks later
#18 6 years ago

They raised the price again!! Now $1500, "It's priced right and below its value"

Rescue 911 Pinball Machine Coin op - $1500 (N Raleigh)

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from CollinT:

They raised the price again!! Now $1500, "It's priced right and below its value"

Funny, when my stuff doesn't sell, I'm inclined to LOWER the price...

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from CollinT:

That turd is not worth $1000 when you were considering it. They are doing you a favor by raising the price so your not tempted.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Funny, when my stuff doesn't sell, I'm inclined to LOWER the price...

You're doing it wrong. Run your sales this way and you'll never have to get rid of anything, ever.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from CollinT:

Old saying - bulls make money and bears make money, but pigs get slaughtered! That piece of crap wasn't worth the original 1000 in my opinion. Maybe 650 tops!

#23 6 years ago

Price is now $1350!!!!

RU911 (resized).JPGRU911 (resized).JPG

#25 6 years ago

The rescue 911 person texted me at 11:30 last night. Listen to this shit "Rescue 911 pinball machine has been relisted. I'll take $1200 FIRM, if you're still interested. Wanted to replace a few lights prior to me selling it to the public, Thanks."

I replied:

"Not interested, you've changed the price 5 times and the playfield is trashed. Also the helicopter is not supposed to be in the middle in game over mode. Thanks"

Yea they've gone from $1000>$1250>$1500>$1350>$1200

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from CollinT:

The rescue 911 person texted me at 11:30 last night. Listen to this shit "Rescue 911 pinball machine has been relisted. I'll take $1200 FIRM, if you're still interested. Wanted to replace a few lights prior to me selling it to the public, Thanks."
I replied:
"Not interested, you've changed the price 5 times and the playfield is trashed. Also the helicopter is not supposed to be in the middle in game over mode. Thanks"
Yea they've gone from $1000>$1250>$1500>$1350>$1200

My reply would have been "Thanks for the offer but I found a nicer one for $750 while you were trying to decide how crazy you could get with your price".

#27 6 years ago

Now that the original question is answered, I've got a stupid n00b question :

What caused that damage?

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from apLundell:

Now that the original question is answered, I've got a stupid n00b question :
What caused that damage?

That area of the playfield isn't covered in mylar. Someone has played the heck out of this machine w/ rusty pinballs.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

That area of the playfield isn't covered in mylar. Someone has played the heck out of this machine w/ rusty pinballs.

Yes. This and you need to n put 3/8" flipper rubbers on the Gottliebs not 1/2". The bats have a smaller groove in them. Standard rubbers ride over the ridges in the bat, sloping it and then cause the ball to dig into the playfield. If the ball is rusty, you'll get what you see in the pic.

#30 6 years ago

$1000>$1250>$1500>$1350>$1200>$1100

Almost down to the original $1K!

R911 (resized).JPGR911 (resized).JPG

#31 6 years ago

Next time the seller emails I would tell him you have $750 cash for the machine and that is likely more than it is actually worth with the playfield wear. Tell them you offer is a "standing offer" for 2 weeks but after two weeks you are not interested at any price. You will likely own it for the $750 if you want to and in my eyes that is about where the price should be on it.

#32 6 years ago

Nah, just pass on the game altogether. It's a mediocre game at best, and one in that condition would not be worth putting in your lineup. You can get nicer for not much more.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Next time the seller emails I would tell him you have $750 cash for the machine and that is likely more than it is actually worth with the playfield wear. Tell them you offer is a "standing offer" for 2 weeks but after two weeks you are not interested at any price. You will likely own it for the $750 if you want to and in my eyes that is about where the price should be on it.

Yea at this point i'm not interested at all, unless it was like $650. However, i'll continue to watch the roller coaster of prices.

Not sure I could get past the worn play field, besides i'm trying to save up for Fish Tales

#34 6 years ago

I had someone do the same thing to me once. Eventually the person desperately needed to sell the game, and I ended up getting a killer deal. Keep and eye on it and see what happens.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/craigslist-seller-raised-the-price-rescue-911?hl=aplundell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.