(Topic ID: 6437)

Craigslist pet peeves

By practicalsteve

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ssathre.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 12 years ago

Here is my Top 5 craigslist Pet Peeves:

5. When they say its "100% working" and when the machine won’t start up its obvious that it’s not.

4. When they say it’s in "Collector Quality Condition" and by the sheet rock screws and painted duct tape holding the cabinet together it’s obvious that it’s not.

3. When they try to convince you that they have 5 other "Very Interested “people willing to pay X amount of dollars more but are willing to sell it to me for X amount of dollars more than what its worth as long as I take it at that moment.

2. When you drive 250 miles to look at the machine that you called about and made an appointment to be there on the same day at 6:00 PM, you find out that they are at work until midnight.

1. After you wait for hours for the person to run home on their break they do the top 4 pet peeves on my list and threaten me and my GF when I politely pass on the so called 100% working, Collector Quality, overpriced box of mouse turds held together by Duct tape and Sheetrock screws.

Post edited by ssathre

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

Are you sure you aren't talking about Sioux City and not CL? ha

OUCH!

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

Are you sure you aren't talking about Sioux City and not CL? ha

My pet peeve is how everything is in "mint" condition yet there are lights out, PF wear, BG flaking, etc.

I was going to use my Sioux Falls CL, BSD experience that I told you about. But the Gorgar story out in the middle of nowhere in "whereinthefucarewe" Nebraska took the prize.

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

I must be in the minority. I've purchased two pins found on CL, and both were good experiences. Of course, we talked a lot on the phone before we set up a meeting. You can usually get a good feel for how it's going to go once you've had a chance to talk.

don't get me wrong. I have had good luck with CL as well, like you said you have to get a feel for what your looking at and who your dealing with. but sometimes one sneaks under the radar.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ssathre.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/craigslist-pet-peeves?tu=ssathre and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.