• 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mcluvin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Lemmy at breakfast.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 9 years ago

It's a little goofy, but presents enough info. Description, picture, ballpark price. The only problem I have at all with this info - no contact phone number. The last couple I tried to email, the responses were dead air. That's the only thing that bothers me about CL ads. I'd rather call and find out right away that it has been sold or if I have a chance at all.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from derek533:

Why not just expect that from the get go?

Negotiation is a game. He knows that people expect to play that game, and he knows his rock bottom price. The wording of his ad displays that he knows some will want to play the negotiation game. What he is saying is, if you want to play games: this is my rock bottom figure with the game play and this is my figure without the game playing. It's a fairly honest, but unusual presentation.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

The worst part of the ad is his use of the word "Lemme" and his "lol" at himself. Those two things in and of themselves would prevent me from wanting to look at the machine.

Lol you're funny. It wouldn't prevent me from buying a game. I'm looking at buying a game, not living with the seller.

#56 9 years ago

If I was truly in the market for that machine, IMO that's a fair price - and I would be GLAD that some would pass on it because they are freaked out by the ad.

#79 9 years ago

I don't like negotiating, and I am not good at it either. What I ask is what I want to get.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/craigslist-jerks?tu=wayout440 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.