• 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mcluvin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Lemmy at breakfast.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 10 years ago

Craigslist is what it is. Most buyers are going to offer less than asking and most sellers are going to ask for more than they'd accept. You can always counter-offer and a lowballer is still a potential buyer. Posting something for sale with "price is firm" or "no lowballers" is a turn off to me. As for the humor, I don't mind it when well done, but if there is a chance you are going to turn a potential buyer off with it, why do it?

Chris

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Because a lot of times dealing with a dick is more of a PITA

Exactly. As a buyer, what is my first thought when I see "price is firm" "no lowballers"? That I'm going to be dealing with a dick. And that may not always be the case, but it is my impression.

Chris

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Assuming the buyer is a dick because they don't want to haggle on price when they have nothing to hide (he offered to let people come and check it out..) is kind of idiotic, IMO.

Well I guess I'm an idiot then, but I think you kind of prove my point. I didn't call you a dick BTW. Done with this thread. Going to go debate the merits of filling lock bar holes on NGG.

Chris

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from biggestboss:

this makes sense only if dick means people you can't rip off

OK, I'm back for more. As a seller, I set a price. The item doesn't sell. Maybe the item isn't worth what I thought it was? Happens all the time when I sell stuff. What do I do? I lower the price. Always willing to haggle. If nobody is offering what you are asking, guess what? It isn't worth your asking price. Market dictates value or you just hang onto it until it does or doesn't. Rip off? Give me an f'n break.

I played Genesis once back in the 80's. It sucked then, and I'm sure it still sucks now. The only people who think Genesis isn't so bad are people who already own Genesis.

Chris

#87 9 years ago

I want to apologize to everyone on this thread. Why the hell am I arguing about a Craigslist ad? I love pinball and want to enjoy discussions about pinball. First rule of Craigslist, there are no rules on Craigslist.......

I thought Genesis sucked 25 years ago. The next time I see one at a pinball convention, I will play it 10 times if I like it, and 20 times if I don't. Truthfully, I thought Taxi was a huge quarter drainer back in the day, but love it with free play.....

Chris

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/craigslist-jerks?tu=mcluvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.