• 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mcluvin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Lemmy at breakfast.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingnine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#78 9 years ago

I liked the ad a lot actually. Maybe not throwing out the names of who worked on it but that does'n't bother me too much. I laughed at the price being higher if you tried to negotiate.

What really bothers me is the other ad that was posted: "I plugged it in and it lites up but I did not play it." Really? You took the time to take picures, plug it in, but not push the start button? Really?

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from BooyaNY:

If someone states the price is firm, I honor it. If the price listed is not what I'm willing to pay, I move on. If I go there and condition is not what's expected, I'll point out why I won't pay the listed price and I'll ask if he'll be willing to negotiate.
Seller has the right to stand firm. But unless a firm price is mentioned in the ad, I'm going there assuming the price is negotiable.

Pretty well put. I also look at when the item was posted. If it says firm but has been posted more than a month I'll usually ask "how firm is firm" if I get to the point I want to buy something. 90% of the time after we have had good discussions on the item they will usually say "I can take this for it". But like I said, I do that after I know they have sat on it for awhile. The question is fairly non offensive and occasionaly they'll say "Thats the best I can do". Every situation is different though. It clearly can depend on the person your dealing with as well. I am probably never going to even ask my nice way to an elderly person trying to make up some money I feel they need. Etc. Etc....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingnine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/craigslist-jerks?tu=kingnine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.