032.jpg
027.jpg
025.jpg
024.jpg
023.jpg
019.jpg
034.jpg
033.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmokramer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

After being a few minutes late on a few deals lately on craigslist I finally scored a decent deal...not a smoking deal but I think I came out OK

I called about a listing for a Comet for sale about 10 miles from my house and of course the seller said someone beat me to it and was on their way...I thanked him and said if the deal falls through to let me know, he text me back a few hours later and said the first guy couldn't borrow a truck to come get it and that I was the second guy to contact him so if I wanted it I could come look at it...

cab is solid
playfield is nice (of course there is some light wear but overall in good shape)
center ramp perfect, left and right ramp have minimal damage
back glass is in amazing shape and colors
no battery damage and boards look good(game has not been used in several years)
everything needs to be cleaned

Paid $400.00, loaded it up and brought it home...it has a few electrical glitches to work out but overall a decent example

033.jpg033.jpg
034.jpg034.jpg
019.jpg019.jpg
023.jpg023.jpg
024.jpg024.jpg
025.jpg025.jpg
027.jpg027.jpg
032.jpg032.jpg

#8 8 years ago

finally got a chance to take a look at it...turns out the only problem was the batteries were dead and after I replaced them I had to power cycle the machine and it started right up, aside from some blown out bulbs everything seems to work well

1 week later
#15 8 years ago

I found a NOS gate on ebay and put it in along with some LEDs...cleaned it up a bit and it plays really nice..
015.jpg015.jpg

#16 8 years ago

...it looks better in person than in that photo, its not really that bright or washed out...my picture taking skills need some improving...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmokramer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/craigslist-find?tu=cosmokramer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.