Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Hawkeyepin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BigBangBar.PNG

#1 6 years ago

I have no dog in this hunt, but given the scarcity of this title, thought I would throw it out here, even if the asking price is $23KBigBangBar.PNG......mods, please delete if inappropriate.

Post edited by weaselfest: oops

#2 6 years ago

How is that a "find?"

If it's actually real, they are asking $23000.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How is that a "find?"

find
fīnd/

noun
noun: find; plural noun: finds

a discovery of something valuable, typically something of archaeological interest.
"he made his most spectacular finds in the Valley of the Kings"

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

find
fīnd/
noun
noun: find; plural noun: finds
a discovery of something valuable, typically something of archaeological interest.
"he made his most spectacular finds in the Valley of the Kings"

Yup, that's how you define "find" Wish I had 23k.

#5 6 years ago

Now the next find just needs to be 23K and I'd be good.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How is that a "find?"
If it's actually real, they are asking $23000.

Why don't you tell them what its worth??? You seem to know it all.

1 week later
#7 6 years ago

Ha ha.

It's worth whatever someone will pay. And I tell you what ... I LOVE my Big Bang Bar (had it since un-boxing it in 2007). But, someone offers me $25 - $30k .. I can "find" the way to say It's Outta' Here. Lol!

Chris Bucci

#8 6 years ago

Not sure what these actually sell for, but he's not out of line for what people are currently asking.

Quoted from spida1a:

I can "find" the way to say It's Outta' Here. Lol!

Not to go off topic, but good to see you here Mr. Bucci - love your youtube videos!

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup, that's how you define "find" Wish I had 23k.

If I had 23k to spend it would not be on that.

#11 6 years ago

Can someone fill in a NOOB like me why these go for so much and are so highly valued?

#12 6 years ago

Only 200 made. It's pretty. Grail status. That's about it.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from GreyhoundAggie:

Can someone fill in a NOOB like me why these go for so much and are so highly valued?

Short answer ... Because there's only about 200 of them. There's more to the story, but that's the shortest version.

#14 6 years ago

No shooter lane pics. Can't be worth more than $20k.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

If I had 23k to spend it would not be on that.

Hmmm, let me think.

New car or a pinball machine . . .

Two years of mortgage payments or a pinball machine . . .

A vacation in Australia (from North America) or a pinball machine . . .

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Hmmm, let me think.
New car or a pinball machine . . .

considering the type of new car you can buy or $23k I think I'd rather have the pinball machine, not that I'd spend my $23k on either one.

#17 6 years ago

I hate seeing BBB pins listed for sale like that. There are only so many people who can afford to pay $20K+ for one. And every one that sells in that price range is one less potential customer for me if I ever have to put mine up for sale.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

considering the type of new car you can buy or $23k I think I'd rather have the pinball machine, not that I'd spend my $23k on either one.

Yes, I suppose I did say "new", but you can also get gently used Bimmers in the $23K range.
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=90036&endYear=2015&modelCode1=3_SERIES&showcaseOwnerId=94837&startYear=1981&makeCode1=BMW&searchRadius=10&showcaseListingId=358408843&mmt=[BMW[][3_SERIES[]]]&listingId=378043148&Log=0

#20 6 years ago

You can get lots of used things for $23k, including a used pinball machine apparently

#21 6 years ago

Someone offered 17K for the BBB on auction at TPF this year and the bid was rejected...

#22 6 years ago

$23,000 for pinball. Ha! Never!
Hmmm. Pinball machine or brand new Harley Street Glide.
Let me think.........

#23 6 years ago

I have never seen a BBB in person but it would want to be the best pinball ever made and played for those prices being asked.
Good luck to the owner.. I hope he get's what he is asking. If I had $23K spare it would not be going on a BBB or any pinball for that matter. You could buy 4-5 good pins for that price.

#24 6 years ago

For the same price, you could just about buy every System11 game ever made and have a lifetime of pinball fun.

#25 6 years ago

This is the kind of thing that generates the collector market though right? Something rare that they don't have in their collection and has always been wanted (or wanted to play?). Don't have a problem with someone paying out this much for a pin if its what their collection has been missing. However that being said I'd like to see the semi-large collection that is missing what this machine provides besides rarity.

#26 6 years ago

price drop to $21,500.

#27 6 years ago

I think the problem is that a lot of us remember what these went for originally and had a chance to get one, $4500 in 2004. That makes the 5X markup harder to take than say what a classic EM was brand new vs what it sells for now.

I have to admit I'm shocked that these are going for this kind of money, honestly thought I would be able to get one in the secondary market someday, but not a chance if these prices continue.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I hate seeing BBB pins listed for sale like that. There are only so many people who can afford to pay $20K+ for one. And every one that sells in that price range is one less potential customer for me if I ever have to put mine up for sale.

Seeing other games listed for $20K+ could be a good thing. You'd just need to price your game for less. The more they sell for, the higher your lower price can be.

Seeing other high BBB prices may convince those on the fence that $18K+ on a pinball machine is a smoking deal.

#29 6 years ago

Flippers in Grandy, NC (on road to Outer Banks) has one. I've played it several times, and don't get the attraction. IT's got some good call outs, a risqué dancer in a tube, and a sound track that you'll want to turn off if your mother comes in to the room. Certainly fun and entertaining, but not enough to warrant that much money to my way of thinking. Yes, it does have a plaque on it stating it is number whatever/200, so maybe that gets some people interested. But I'd rather put my money towards and AC-DC, AFM, or Cactus Canyon.

I just chimed in here for any of you who want to play a BBB and can get over that way.

#30 6 years ago

As someone who was around when Capcom closed and attended Expo, perhaps I can explain the attraction.

Capcom was the first company to really take on WMS in terms of game quality. Data East/Sega and Premier were both making fairly inferior games, but Airborne and Pinball Magic had really made an impression on players. Breakshot was also a very good example of a lower-cost but high quality machine.

So when Capcom decided to pack it up in 1997 after producing the disaster that was Flipper Football, they left behind a few test versions of the next games - Big Bang Bar and Kingpin. However, these games did end up at Expo for people to play, and people really liked BBB - it was the most complete of the two. It wasn't 100% finished but it worked well enough. And plenty of dedicated pinball fans had lots of exposure to it. It was both rare and very well known.

If Capcom had managed to actually produce it, it would have ended up ranked in the top 50 or so, around the same level as, say, SST or ID4. Maybe a bit higher. Certainly not in the top 10. But, since there were only 12, and it was actually fun and had great art, its popularity skyrocketed.

A friend of mine bought two of the repros at regular price - about $6K after taxes and exchange - and after they were delivered I bought one of them for a friend for $12K, which people thought was insane. But based on the prices I'm seeing I guess I was right to pick it up when I could. And it really is a solid game with great art, typical great Capcom dots, and an okay sound package. Plays well. And there are still only 200 games plus however many of the original 12 are left - I think 8? So still really rare.

#31 6 years ago

MMMMMMM. I dunno about the 21k price tag. He's using some odd mathematical formula there and also applied it to a Junkyard I also think he's selling for $5,300.

#32 6 years ago

If you can afford $23K on a pinball, you can afford $23K on a pinball...

That ain't me, but then there are folks out there that can spend $100k on a piece of dinosaur turd if they want. Hell I was at a house that spent $100k on a chandelier...

#33 6 years ago

We have a Big Bang Bar at the Ann Arbor pinball museum. It is a crowd favorite. It's in a row next to Monster Bash and Medieval and AFM and Cactus Canyon and CV. So people do the comparison in terms of game play. Though it's probably not quite as good as these Williams/Bally titles, it's very unique and insanely cool. Is it worth $20k+? Probably not but no pinball is worth that amount. Since there's only 10 originals and 180 gene re-makes, it's pretty rare. So perhaps the price is understandable.

#34 6 years ago

Clay's assessment is spot on.

It's not BBB's fault it's worth $20,000. People seem to take the price personally and lash out at the game.

It's a pinball machine, and like most, it's fun.

#35 6 years ago

The real debate is whether or not this is a "find." I say no.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Clay's assessment is spot on.
It's not BBB's fault it's worth $20,000. People seem to take the price personally and lash out at the game.
It's a pinball machine, and like most, it's fun.

That's true. It's certainly not BBB's fault. The $5,300 junk yard might be worth it too and, if someone pays that, it wouldn't be junk yard's fault either.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside