Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by CanadianGamer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

015.jpg
032.jpg
027.jpg
025.jpg
024.jpg
023.jpg
019.jpg
034.jpg
033.jpg

#1 3 years ago

After being a few minutes late on a few deals lately on craigslist I finally scored a decent deal...not a smoking deal but I think I came out OK

I called about a listing for a Comet for sale about 10 miles from my house and of course the seller said someone beat me to it and was on their way...I thanked him and said if the deal falls through to let me know, he text me back a few hours later and said the first guy couldn't borrow a truck to come get it and that I was the second guy to contact him so if I wanted it I could come look at it...

cab is solid
playfield is nice (of course there is some light wear but overall in good shape)
center ramp perfect, left and right ramp have minimal damage
back glass is in amazing shape and colors
no battery damage and boards look good(game has not been used in several years)
everything needs to be cleaned

Paid $400.00, loaded it up and brought it home...it has a few electrical glitches to work out but overall a decent example

033.jpg
034.jpg
019.jpg
023.jpg
024.jpg
025.jpg
027.jpg
032.jpg

#2 3 years ago

Very nice find ...

#3 3 years ago

Hey Turkey... nice score.

#5 3 years ago

CL often sucks...but once a year on average you find a real gem.

This is close enough--nice grab.

#6 3 years ago

Hard to find any non EM for $400... Score IMHO

#7 3 years ago

Scored one for 300 but play-field was loosin paint couple chipped ramps too yours looks great nice find bro

#8 3 years ago

finally got a chance to take a look at it...turns out the only problem was the batteries were dead and after I replaced them I had to power cycle the machine and it started right up, aside from some blown out bulbs everything seems to work well

#9 3 years ago

Dude, that was a nice score!

#10 3 years ago

Nice grab! I paid 3 times that much for one in BC Canada but we always pay more, not much supply up here. Mine needed work too, but overall it was in nice shape. I have it working 100 % now anyhow and it's a fun game IMO.

I noticed on yours that you're missing the wire gate to the left of the left flipper, just as mine was! I bought a NOS replacement online and I tell you it's very necessary for having a good game or you'll lose your ball every time you try to trap it on that flipper! I also had to fix the post that the gate attached to because the wood was worn out, which is possibly why the original gate was tossed out by previous owner.

I also had to fashion my own wire gate for the Cycle jump ramp's exit. I had the bracket for it at least, just needed to bend some wire to make the gate which worked great. Without that gate the ball would pop back in there and score a measly 20,000 when you could've popped it up for a million for example. I replaced some worn out switches etc and it's a pretty nice pin.

Good luck with yours, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

#11 3 years ago

Nice score i think freeplay40 said he was going to make new ramps for comet.

#12 3 years ago

400. ??? Wow. Great pickup!

#13 3 years ago

Excellent grab. Also, I need to mention that I too enjoy the occasional Dig Dug.

#14 3 years ago

For $400 you did great. Congrats on a great cl score.

1 week later
#15 3 years ago

I found a NOS gate on ebay and put it in along with some LEDs...cleaned it up a bit and it plays really nice..
015.jpg

#16 3 years ago

...it looks better in person than in that photo, its not really that bright or washed out...my picture taking skills need some improving...

#17 3 years ago

Sweet find!!!

#18 3 years ago

Nice find. Lose the metal bracket that goes between the ramp and the clown. Wtf is it there for anyway?

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Nice find. Lose the metal bracket that goes between the ramp and the clown. Wtf is it there for anyway?

I would guess ramp support

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

I would guess ramp support

It's useless. I took mine off, looks way better without it. Plays the same.

2 months later
#21 3 years ago

Looks really great with the LED's, nice pin! I wish I could find anything remotely that nice for $400 around here!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 229.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside