Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 104 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

prostitute.jpg
    lowball or troll.jpg
    _ofcSpc.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 9 years ago

The polite response. I really hate to hang, waiting for answers on other things not related to pinball right now as a matter of fact. A simple reply of 'no thanks' pr 'not interested' will do. Just ignoring, well, kind of makes that person more the jerk.

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from madtown:

It seems nobody understands the ART of craigslist negotiating. I ALWAYS offer a low price on craigslist. It doesnt mean i woun't offer more, it is just is to get the ball rolling. If someone says a pin that i want is $5,000. I'll offer $3800 (a somewhat reasonable offer). If they didn't put firm on the price i assume there is room to negotiate. What if i offered $4500 to start and they accepted? I'd wonder if i could have gotten it for $4,000. Not responding or saying no would simply lose you a serious buyer who wants the pin. I'm the buyer. I want the best price possible. If you don't want to negotiate put FIRM, then i woun't waste my time if your not priced right.

Everybody here assumes that both parties know exactly what might be considered a lowball offer. Maybe in this case you feel your somewhat reasonable $3800 offer is categorized as a lowball offer. Someone said earlier "lowball offers get no response". Which I think is really assuming a lot and being rude. Could you imaging what might happen if this were a face-to-face contact, such as being ignored at an automobile dealership? People don't put the number in the ad "X is the lowball offer and if you suggest anything below this I'm not going to deal with you at all." Negotiation often seems more a stupid charade than art.

Of course if I put the word FIRM in, then you get folks that say they won't deal with you either, because they expect to play some sort of game. So then I am supposed to make the price higher and chase away another category of buyer just so I have room to play the game? It's expected. I guess that's how a lot of folks do it. I think it's ridiculous, there really seems to be no perfect solution either.

#59 9 years ago

Seems everyone else knows the art of negotiating better than me.

prostitute.jpgprostitute.jpg
    #75 9 years ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

I brought the box out and he proceeded to start to open it. "Yo Yo, what are you doing?" ... "I'm gonna play it!"... "Uh, not until you buy it buddy!" he started at me like I was crazy.
    He left.

Hmmm, could have been a block of scrap wood in there and resealed. I wouldn't buy it in the box without opening it either.

#77 9 years ago
    Quoted from freddy:

i like the "buyers" that tell me i have a $500. game not even a low ball offer just an email stating what i should be asking.

I'll tell you what you should be asking even if I am not buying. Free of charge.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/craigslist-etiquette?tu=wayout440 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.