4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 104 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

prostitute.jpg
    lowball or troll.jpg
    _ofcSpc.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toddsvec.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 4 years ago

There's no right answer, just how each individual wants to handle it. I for one don't like offers, low ball or not. Frankly, I find it rude if the first thing that comes out of your mouth is "Would you take....", which is vastly different from "Hi, my name is Chuck and I live about 5 minutes away. If you don't sell it for your asking price, I'd be willing to go $400". Even more rude are those dudes that offer less, you say OK, they come and look and pass.

If I'm selling something and asking for $500 and within a short time frame I get a lot of inquires, I know I'll sell it. If it's a stupid offer like "Would you take $100 CASH!!!!????" I'll usually ignore.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

It is not rude to merely ask the question, nor would it be rude for you to say no.

Which is why I said *I* find it rude, if it's the first thing out of their mouth. My opinion. They've not seen the WHATEVER, asked any questions about it, or even pleasantly said hello. They just want a lower price.

#51 4 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

Sometimes that's all the money people can afford.

I hear this often too, most lately the $3000 offer on my Twilight Zone. IMHO, you've got your priorities screwed up if you're looking to spend $3000 on a toy, when it's "all you can afford". Probably out to be spending your money on more important things.

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

Sometimes that's all the money people can afford.

I hear this often too, most lately the $3000 offer on my Twilight Zone. IMHO, you've got your priorities screwed up if you're looking to spend $3000 on a toy, when it's "all you can afford". Probably out to be spending your money on more important things.

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dr_Smith:

I doesn't seem right to me for someone to try to talk down the price sight unseen. That just comes across as a little rude to me, especially if the price is more than fair to start with. If ya wanna haggle, at least see it and kick the tires and point out a scratch or two.

Exactly. Make a little more than just offering less so YOU get a deal.

Totally not very related, but I had an NOS string guitar (Just was a new in the sealed box cheap guitar I got from Sam's Club for like $200, never opened it), and had it on CL for quite awhile at $150, someone made me an offer and I decided to take it since there had been little interest, he drove to my house, I brought the box out and he proceeded to start to open it. "Yo Yo, what are you doing?" ... "I'm gonna play it!"... "Uh, not until you buy it buddy!" he started at me like I was crazy.

He left.

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Hmmm, could have been a block of scrap wood in there and resealed. I wouldn't buy it in the box without opening it either.

Him being at my house he kinda knew where I lived. He could have paid and opened it right there.

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from madtown:

Why wouldn't you let him open it?

Because if he didn't want it, it would no longer be new in the box. He could have paid me, opened it and if it was broken I wouldn't have been an A-hole about it, but if he just changed his mind, you're right, this isn't Best Buy! He wanted to open it and play it and see how it sounded.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 89.99
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 129.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 49.00
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 45.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 10.95
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 25.00
    £ 39.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    € 12.50
    $ 46.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toddsvec.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside