Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 104 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

prostitute.jpg
    lowball or troll.jpg
    _ofcSpc.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanstl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 9 years ago

I've had some weird buyers, but the worst are the ones that waste your time by agreeing and not showing up. My wife and I learned to never, ever hold something for a CL buyer.

I recently had a strange encounter with a seller for a kids bike. The bike was probably $350 new and the CL ad had $100. The asking price was good because it appeared to be in great shape, but I still had to offer $80 just in case. You don't want to leave anything on the table.

The seller nicely said it was too soon to lower the price, which is understandable because it did post that morning. The next e-mail from me was okay can you meet tonight and if it checks out I'll pay asking price. They reply not available tonight. Then they stopped responding to all communication when I tried to setup an alternate meeting time. Finally, the next day my wife had her friend call and set up a meeting, and I was able to get the bike. I think the first offer sent lower than asking caused this person to ignore someone that was very interested in buying. I shouldn't have had to jump through hoops to buy something someone obviously wanted to sell.

#66 9 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

Why didn't you just head over with the $100 and then negotiate on the spot?

I didn't have an address. I got it the next day when my wife had her friend make the contact and went over to the person's house on my lunch break.

Funny, even though seller didn't know I was the one trying to buy the night before I didn't even try to negotiate down $10 or $20. I just forked over the $100. Even though the seller acted weird initially they certainly got full price.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanstl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/craigslist-etiquette?tu=ryanstl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.