Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 104 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

prostitute.jpg
    lowball or troll.jpg
    _ofcSpc.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrivelli.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 9 years ago

Can't know until you ask. I have gotten great deals by simply asking. Someone lists for 5k. I ll politely ask for 3k. If they tell me to shove off, their loss. Im still willing to pay close to their ask, but you don't get anywhere in this world taking sticker price.

A smart response is" Sorry I really can't go that low, but I would maybe consider going to $4800 if you wanted to work something out." Don't burn bridges.

#92 9 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

If $5K is fair, and someone offers me $3K, I'd probably just ignore it. I'd rather take a little less from someone that has less time to waste so they don't waste mine than that $3K guy going all the way up to asking.

I've never minded the lowballers, those guys are harmless. Also, tire kick me all day, it's all good and it's all part of it. But if you make an appointment to come see the game, and you have no intention of buying it, that's what pisses me off.
    You can always tell, the vast majority of the time, when someone pulls up to look at a game with a vehicle that isn't capable of transporting it, they are a complete waste of time. There have been a couple exceptions, but not many. Anyone who is serious shows up with cash and a truck.

Ya, once a guy showed up, played TAF for like 20min with no word. Finally Im like "So ready to get it loaded up?" And he says "No, but thanks for letting me play it" and leaves.

He tried this again like 5 months later under a different name cause I told him previously to please not come back top buy a game. Showed up at my door and I said no thanks and asked him to leave. closed door and poof

#100 9 years ago
    Quoted from tjsynkral:

How can you be sure that he wouldn't buy the other game? You may have thrown away a sale.

Sorry you only get one time tool shit on your rep. I heard from others prior to that second time he does that often. So there's that too I suppose.

#101 9 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I understood his story as the guy never being interested and just saying he was interested to get free time on the machine. That makes him douchey, assuming that is what happened. Plus the dude is using multiple names? Doesn't sound like a serious upstanding non-buyer to me.

It was a taf in awesome shape for 4k. Wasn't like anything insanely priced. It sold that same day like 2 hours later. Had a boatload of calls on it.

#102 9 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I understood his story as the guy never being interested and just saying he was interested to get free time on the machine. That makes him douchey, assuming that is what happened. Plus the dude is using multiple names? Doesn't sound like a serious upstanding non-buyer to me.

It was a taf in awesome shape for 4k. Wasn't like anything insanely priced. It sold that same day like 2 hours later. Had a boatload of calls on it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrivelli.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/craigslist-etiquette?tu=jrivelli and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.