Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 104 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

prostitute.jpg
    lowball or troll.jpg
    _ofcSpc.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jobi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 9 years ago

I have over 200 items for sale on craigslist at any given time, not pinball stuff, just a variety of stuff. (Related to my day job). I sell stuff every day and get inquiries constantly, day and night. The lowballs i don't really mind. So etimes i counter, sometimes i accept, sometimes I ignore. The ones that get me are the 'What's the least you'll take?" types. Sorry, fella it doesn't work that way. I almost always give the exact same response, "I will entertain offers in person." That's usually the last I hear from most of them but a small percentage end up coming out and buying.

#72 9 years ago

Then there are the people that ask if you still have it and you never hear back from when you immediately reply that it is. I like to think of them as concerned citizens checking in to make sure you are properly taking care of some item. It's 10pm, do you know where the vacuum you have listed on craigslist it?

And then there are the kind who call, ask a couple questions, and then say 'I get paid the Friday after next. Will you hold it for me until then?’ Nope, call back when you have money. Those people never buy.

#79 9 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

Jobi,
    Those people asking if you still have it are farming numbers to spam. You should never respond to someone who asks if you still have it.
    And yes, holding for someone is taboo unless they are travelling at least a half hour to come get it. In that case, I will hold it from the time they leave til the time they get here - no longer.

That is also how a lot of people start their negotiation and end up buying, asking if something is available. If the numbers are coming from the local area code it probably isn't farming. If they ask by email when craigslist masks the email address it isn't farming. I publish the phone number in the listing anyways so if they want tomharvest my number I'll make it easy. It's a google voice number so if i get spammed im just block it moving forwards. Now if i get an email or a text for an odd area code that wants to know if 'the item' is still available, them i ignore. Call a spade a spade, but don't call it 'the item'.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jobi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/craigslist-etiquette?tu=jobi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.