Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 104 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

prostitute.jpg
    lowball or troll.jpg
    _ofcSpc.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider egyptrus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 9 years ago

I reply to all offers, lowball or not. In my experience is the person is just trolling for a great deal and you respond with a "no thanks, I can't go that low" and you don't hear back, you know what they were doing. If they're actually trying to work a deal with you, you'll hear back from them.

It only takes a few seconds to shoot an email that says "can't sell it for that" and then see what happens.

I know I like to hear back from sellers when I make an offer or an inquiry so I do the same for buyers when I'm the seller.

Dave

#65 9 years ago
    Quoted from Razorbak86:

Thank you. That simple but courteous policy of yours is part of the reason why you received my $$$ and two other local sellers did not. And I thank you for that, because I'm very happy with my pin!

Glad to hear you're still enjoying the LOTR. I'd like to think that most everyone would rather deal with someone who is courteous and polite so I try to be those things when I'm selling, and when I'm buying.

Dave

#90 9 years ago

Jalpert - you bring up a good point about people coming and not being serious about buying. I had an EM game for sale a while back and a guy wanted to come take a look, said he was really excited about this particular title, blah blah blah. He comes over, plays a bunch of games on it, and another EM game that I was going to have for sale. After he plays a few games, I ask him what he thinks of it. He says "oh, I have no intention of buying it as it's more than I can afford but wanted to see if I liked it enough that I'd eventually want to buy it" Are you kidding me?

Now, as far as the guy that shows up without a proper pinball hauling vehicle, I'm ok with that. If you live fairly close and want to check the game out first before buying it and having to borrow your buddy's truck or whatever, that's cool. Of course, if you want the game, you'd better pay for it or if someone else comes along to look at it and is ready to buy it, it's gone.

I'd much rather have the guy who intends to buy the game but isn't prepared to take it right that second than someone coming to just to play.

Dave

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider egyptrus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/craigslist-etiquette?tu=egyptrus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.