Topic Stats

• 271 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

giraffe-1.jpg
pics_or_it_didnt_happen.jpg
crossdresser.jpg
homer-head-explode-1.gif
ju3ti.jpg
image.jpg
cans-coke_gardener_women.jpeg
_SpinOut.jpg
original.png
pinballparts.jpg
1366236842_UpInSmokestepvanfrontview.jpg
gadget1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 271 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 4 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

My Head Hurts .... Did I forget to mention said lady was hot?

We are going to need photos or you will be reported for a rule #1 violation.

Unwritten Rule #1 of TOS states that any insinuation of a female being hot and associated with pinball requires a photo.

#252 4 years ago
#253 4 years ago

This thread has officially jumped shark

#254 4 years ago

pics_or_it_didnt_happen.jpg

#255 4 years ago

I've been fortunate in that I've never been in this position. But if I were, the only person I would consider speaking to would be the person I exchanged money with. If this guy is legit, it's an issue between him and his ex, not you.

#256 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

We are going to need photos or you will be reported for a rule #1 violation.
Unwritten Rule #1 of TOS states that any insinuation of a female being hot and associated with pinball requires a photo.

That is how I knew she wasn't a pinhead and most likely a ebayer or antique dealer.
Probably going to make a coffee table.

Quoted from robertmee:

This thread has officially jumped shark

Now back to your regularly scheduled program..........

#257 4 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

If you are worried about it, call your local PD and speak with a Theft Detective and tell them what happened, im 99% sure (depending on what he tells them if he does not lie) they are going to tell you it's a civil dispute and they do not get involved, he would have to sue you in civil court on his own dime, and it would be a heck of a whole lot more than 225.00.

I haven't read every single post in the thread, but I feel the need to respond to this, even if others have already.

THE LAST PEOPLE TO CALL FOR LEGAL ADVICE ARE POLICE!!! If you need legal advice, call a lawyer. If you need a bad guy dealt with, call the police.

#258 4 years ago
Quoted from vidgameseller:

its not always as easy as many on here would say it is. I had a guy come and buy a game once, played it, liked it, then a couple months later said it didnt work and that he expected me to fix it. I reminded him that it was sold as is and that he inspected it. He took me to small claims court and sued for more than what he even paid for the game. Long story short, he actually won. The judge said that since he didnt sign anything stating that it was as-is that he was in the right. I tried to argue that there was also nothing stating that it came with a warranty and that the game was 20 years old, so there was no way to even imply a warranty. Needless to say, the guy got all his money back and got to keep the game. SO just cover you ass and make everything go through email so you can print it out as proof
troy

Curious...did you sell the machine privately or as a business? That would make the difference up in my neck of the woods.

#259 4 years ago

Alright wait.....so 2 lady's and 1 guy... And something about a pin now....??!!!...............Joey

#260 4 years ago

For the most part, CL deals are decent. But any time I ever get a whiff of someone selling something that's not 100% theirs free and clear (selling this for a buddy, selling this for my spouse, cousin, cat, giraffe) it never hurts to just be open and honest and say that you'd like a written record of the transaction. Or walk away from it.

#261 4 years ago

giraffe-1.jpg

#262 4 years ago

So I'm calling BS on Vidgameseller"s story ! What judge would do that ? I can see making you giving his money back and you get the pin back . If that's the case I'm going to pull that on every thing I buy used from now on ! So I buy a used motorcycle - it stops running - I take the guy to court and get a free motorcycle plus my money back ? BS.

#263 4 years ago

Op...two things seem clear to me.
1 - The fact that you are so worried and intimidated and still considering your options means you have lost. You don't seem like you are going to do what you should do...tell the guy to pay up or take a hike. That is as simple as it is. You bought it, you own it. If it was his, he should have had possession of it. Stop fretting about it, and man up.
and 2: It strikes me as a fairly good scam to run. Get the "wife" to sell a pin, then the fake ex-husband tracks the buyer down and demands the pin back. If you are forceful enough and know the game, you can probably get to keep the pin and the money a decent percentage of the time.

Anyhoo.....

Chaos

#264 4 years ago
Quoted from Chaos:

Op...two things seem clear to me.
1 - The fact that you are so worried and intimidated and still considering your options means you have lost. You don't seem like you are going to do what you should do...tell the guy to pay up or take a hike. That is as simple as it is. You bought it, you own it. If it was his, he should have had possession of it. Stop fretting about it, and man up.
and 2: It strikes me as a fairly good scam to run. Get the "wife" to sell a pin, then the fake ex-husband tracks the buyer down and demands the pin back. If you are forceful enough and know the game, you can probably get to keep the pin and the money a decent percentage of the time.
Anyhoo.....
Chaos

It's irresponsible to tell someone to man up in a potentially dangerous situation...the guy has his phone number which means in a few clicks he can have his address. You don't know if the op has family at home and would prefer some nut job not show up at his doorstep. People nowadays do stupid shit over little things...and to me a $200 pinball machine isn't worth the trouble. I'm not advocating the op give it back but not knowing the situation fully you don't ask them to man up

#265 4 years ago
Quoted from Chaos:

You bought it, you own it.

If the ex-wife did not legally own the game, the OP does not legally own it either.

That's the truth.

Quoted from Chaos:

It strikes me as a fairly good scam to run.

Way too much effort for $225.

That would be the worst scam in the world.

#266 4 years ago

Wish op would chime in with what is going on. I think the wife should be called at least.

#267 4 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I think the wife should be called at least.

For the love of God, why? I get the amusement value factor for the rest of us, but this would be a bad move for OP.

#268 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If the ex-wife did not legally own the game, the OP does not legally own it either.
That's the truth.

Way too much effort for $225.
That would be the worst scam in the world.

There is a lot of unknowns to this, that makes a big deal in how to move forward.

#269 4 years ago

Can't believe this thread has gone 6 pages. What drama!!

#270 4 years ago

Don't you see? The wife kidnapped herself man! She's is a young trophy wife, in the parlance of our times. I mean she owes money all over town.

#271 4 years ago

This thread has served its purpose. The OP has been given advice. It's up to him to decide how to proceed.

If the OP wishes to provide an update, he can open up a new thread.

Marcus

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Shelburne Falls, MA
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 2.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 3.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 189.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 89.00
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 339.00
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 799.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 194.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 271 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside