6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by gladro12
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

The other day ads were posted on CL for the following pins and ridiculously low prices. All were advertised as complete, working and nice but need to be shopped. Except for the Dr. Who which might have some board damage.

I think it is an email harvesting scam, but I replied and asked the seller's availability and said I could be there tonight or any time over the weekend to pick up at least two pins. I always use a spam email account when using CL, so no big deal if spammers get that addy.

What do you think? Hell, if this was legit I'd buy them all.

Bally Party Zone Pinball Machine - $900

Williams The Getaway High Speed Pinball Machine - $600

Bally Scared Stiff Pinball Machine - $2800

Gottlieb Rescue 911 Pinball Machine

Bally Creature from the Black Lagoon Pinball Machine - $1900

Bally Doctor Who Pinball Machine - $550

Williams Indiana Jones Pinball Machine - $2400

Bally Twilight Zone Pinball Machine - $2400

#2 6 years ago

One just never knows. There always is the 1 in a million chance these machines were purchased by someone 10 years ago.....and they don't know how the market has changed over the last decade.
    Assume its a scam....but hope for the longshot

#3 6 years ago

sounds legit to me. not

#4 6 years ago

I saw a free Hurricane in the Chicago area a couple nights ago. It was one of those "I'm moving, and I need to get rid of this pinball machine and pool table by next week" ads.

I didn't even bother inquiring because (1) I saw it two hours after it was posted, (2) if it was legit, he was no doubt swarmed with offers of cash and (3) too good to be true. Anyone else here e-mail the guy?

#5 6 years ago

I emailed him. Said he had been bombarded with emails but would be sending me pics last night or today. Nothing so far. Seemed like he might be legit, but who knows. Some of the prices are not too far off (Party Zone) and others are pretty darn low.

#6 6 years ago

Also seems fishy that if you have pics, why not include them in the ads? Not like it's difficult.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Carl_694:

I emailed him. Said he had been bombarded with emails but would be sending me pics last night or today. Nothing so far. Seemed like he might be legit, but who knows. Some of the prices are not too far off (Party Zone) and others are pretty darn low.

I got the exact same email response...who knows but we can all hope he gets back to someone and actually has games to sell at those prices.

#8 6 years ago

Yeah, just confirmed it's a scam. The guy is based out of Rosedale, MD. Which is 5 minutes away from me. I drove over there to see what's up. It's a telemarketing office building.

#9 6 years ago

People can be such scumbags.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from rockotaco1:

People can be such scumbags.

Agreed, same thing happened in my area a few months ago. It was a Monster Bash for I think $4000?

#11 6 years ago

Wait a second' Are you saying some ads on craigslist are fake?!?

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from keysersoze981:

Yeah, just confirmed it's a scam. The guy is based out of Rosedale, MD. Which is 5 minutes away from me. I drove over there to see what's up. It's a telemarketing office building.

How did you find the address?

#13 6 years ago

I emailed this cat and never even got a response, so you guys did better than me.

#14 6 years ago

Heh, I figured lots of other pinsiders saw the ad, thought it might be fake, but didn't wanna say anything.....juuuuuust in case it was legit.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

but didn't wanna say anything.....juuuuuust in case it was legit.

Oh we all know what you were up to!

#16 6 years ago

I received the same response as you guys.

#17 6 years ago

Just picked up 3 of the pins. Freaking awesome!

#18 6 years ago

Just kidding, geesh

#19 6 years ago

there is no 'email me pictures' in CL - get an address and show up If they won't allow that.. you know it's a scam

#20 6 years ago

aaannd it looks like they pulled em down. musta got busted

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

there is no 'email me pictures' in CL - get an address and show up If they won't allow that.. you know it's a scam

Yup - all I said was "I'm ready to be over there ASAP give me your information" and I got the "I'll send you pictures" response... smelled bad from the beginning it really is a terrible thing for someone to do.

#22 6 years ago

If all of this in one place - that matched good collection. I looked here - http://claz.org/classifieds/for-sale?q=pinball
    it turns out that a lot of what you find - at the best price, and perhaps in the best possible way.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 115.00
    Playfield - Other
    Great American Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 12.99
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 109.99
    $ 10.50
    Playfield - Decals
    The MOD Couple
    $ 28.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 9,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 87.00
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    £ 49.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 25.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside