(Topic ID: 45613)

Craigslist Aprils Fools Ads

By herbertbsharp

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

t2.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Anybody else seeing these? I've seen a HUO GNR & CV for $4500 for both, an $800 DE SW, and a free Star Wars. I'm sure more will be coming all day

#2 11 years ago

yup, a couple showed up on Denver's CL.

#3 11 years ago

Haven't seen any today although there was a rfm posted in my area for 800 a month ago. A few days ago somebody responded to a wanted ad I had by sending me pics off of ipdb claiming it was their machine. Not sure who gets cheap thrills out of this.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from jsauce85:

somebody responded to a wanted ad I had by sending me pics off of ipdb claiming it was their machine. Not sure who gets cheap thrills out of this.

that's a serious douche move on their part

#5 11 years ago

There was a free Jurassic Park on the NJ CL today.

#6 11 years ago

I bought a game today. I was kind of wondering if it may be a joke.

#7 11 years ago

Saw a "mint" STTNG for $1500 on the StL CL this morning.

#8 11 years ago

I saw a T2 for $700.

Turns out it wasn't an April fools joke because it's sitting next to my other pins right now!

#9 11 years ago

How was t2 I musta called right after you got it. Good score man

#10 11 years ago

I saw the STNNG ad, had a goofy sticker on the translite and was only posted for an hour.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinsrus:

How was t2 I musta called right after you got it. Good score man

Not bad. Plays nice. Might start the full tear down and shop job tomorrow. A sorta nasty wear spot over the hot dog flashers.. Other than that not bad. I should be able to do a touch up.

The seller was really sick. Didn't even want me to take the legs off. He thought it would be fine standing in the back of my pickup.. I said no way to that. I've seen too many nightmare threads.

He said a bunch of people called right after offering cash sight unseen. Gotta give him credit for waiting for me to make the 40 min drive.

#12 11 years ago

another one? or just a poorly written ad?
    peoria.craigslist.org link

Bally judge dreed pinball machine - $500 (Pekin)
    Judge dreed pinball machine
    Works well
    Comes with eagle topper

#13 11 years ago

Check this one out from Denver CL

denver.craigslist.org link

I'll give the guy A for effort - pretty funny!

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

someone did make a titanic pinball at michigan university, but not like that

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

I saw that one too. Love the quotes.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

someone did make a titanic pinball at michigan university, but not like that
    » YouTube video

Jack played it; He likes it!

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I saw a T2 for $700.

Turns out it wasn't an April fools joke because it's sitting next to my other pins right now!

Awesome, happy you got it!

I had the seller on the phone, I couldn't make it last night so I offered a paypal deposit to hold it. He said he doesn't do paypal but he could take a western union or money gram. I wasn't gonna do that, he said I could pick it up Saturday morning if it doesn't sell. I laughed and said, "don't worry its gonna sell before then!" Sweet deal, happy it wasn't fake.

#18 11 years ago

Congrats. Glad someone here got it. This is my first CL deal to leave a bad-taste (shocking, right). Seller told me to hold off cuz he was in a meeting, then told me it was sold. I live literally about 5 miles away.

I'm guessing I dont want to know how sweet it is?

#19 11 years ago

Saw that T2 ad. Didn't even call because I thought it was just a prank. Nice score!

#20 11 years ago

Awesome, happy you got it!
    I had the seller on the phone, I couldn't make it last night so I offered a paypal deposit to hold it. He said he doesn't do paypal but he could take a western union or money gram. I wasn't gonna do that, he said I could pick it up Saturday morning if it doesn't sell. I laughed and said, "don't worry its gonna sell before then!" Sweet deal, happy it wasn't fake.

Thanks! Hah, he told me about you when I called. I think I was the person to call right after you. I immediately jumped in car and started over there. He called when when I was about halfway to make sure I was really coming because he was getting a lot of calls.

Congrats. Glad someone here got it. This is my first CL deal to leave a bad-taste (shocking, right). Seller told me to hold off cuz he was in a meeting, then told me it was sold. I live literally about 5 miles away.
    I'm guessing I dont want to know how sweet it is?

You're probably the one he called me about when I was already on the way. Sorry. It plays nice. It has a wear spot over the hotdog that needs touching up. Halfway through a full teardown now. Should be alright looking when I bling it out. I recently sold my T2 to a friend who I was tired of seeing buy bad pins. I missed it though.

Saw that T2 ad. Didn't even call because I thought it was just a prank. Nice score!

I thought so too.. being April Fools and all. Thought I was gonna get some pissed off guy on the other end of the phone. He was cool... aside from wanting me to put it in my pickup with the legs still on lol.

It was a BEAUTIFUL day when I got my car and as soon as I got there the sky opened up. I had to load it and run to the hardware store that was next door to the guy's house to get a tarp. Left it open for a long time when I got home to make sure it was all dry. Fired it up late last night and it was fine. Now just a lot of cleaning to do!

t2.jpgt2.jpg

#21 11 years ago

inlandempire.craigslist.org link

Er, wait, maybe this guy was serious? Hard to say.

#22 11 years ago

I sent a message to the guy with "Judge Dreed" even though I figured it was fake and got no answer. Figured if they were informed enough about the topper they'd know to not sell it at that price!

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from AndHart120:

I sent a message to the guy with "Judge Dreed"

I had hopes that if he couldn't spell the name of his own pinball correctly, he might not know the value of it.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from AndHart120:

I sent a message to the guy with "Judge Dreed" even though I figured it was fake and got no answer. Figured if they were informed enough about the topper they'd know to not sell it at that price!

i EMAILED THE GUY. he responded immediately and said someone was looking at it today. I thought it was a prank too

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from AndHart120:

Sent a message about 2 hours after the "Judge Dreed" was posted and got this response:

"Hi, the machine is still on a dolly right now. My husband has not put the legs back on it yet. We had to take them off to bring it up stairs. He will be able to stand it up tomorrow if you want to come by then."

I said I could come by last night or tomorrow (today) if that didn't work but never got an answer back.

#26 11 years ago

We actually had a real deal mixed in with the April Fools ads. A $25 Bally Xenon. Unfortunately the guy replied to my e-mail while I was in a training class and of course somebody just picked it up an hour before my call.

daytona.craigslist.org link

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I had hopes that if he couldn't spell the name of his own pinball correctly, he might not know the value of it.

That's alright I bought Jude Dredd from guy. Anythings possible.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/craigslist-aprils-fools-ads and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.