Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by GPS
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Hi Guys,

OK, I will admit I am a little slow, but how in the bloody hell do you guys seem to find all the Craigslist ads that I seem to be missing. I thought that the search all craigslist site was the way to go but I do not think so. I have resorted to using Pinside to find out what might be new and available on CL. Is it just a simple matter that other pinsiders logon to a given CL location and then relay the info or is there some other method. As I said, I have been logging on here to find stuff there. Seems kind of screwy to have to do that but if that is what I have to do, oh well.

While I do realize that there are a bunch of ads out there for way overpriced games, there are also some reasonable ones as well and far better anymore than eBay.

Any ideas guys would be most appreciated. Just think I must be doing something wrong.

G

#3 8 years ago

Craigslist also offers an alert service now. After you do a search you can click "email alert" in the top right to be alerted whenever a post is made that matches your search.

#4 8 years ago

I search my area (Bloomington, IN) for "pinball". Then in the menu to the left I check every nearby area which seems to extend to OH, KY, IL, MI and maybe TN. Then, I bookmark the page. I shouldn't be telling these secrets. Let's just keep this between you and me.

#5 8 years ago

What I would love to know is what is going on with Craig's List posters these days. It seems like only about one out of ten reply after you email them. I have emailed a several people during the past week or two that never replied even after I emailed with 3 different email addresses. Stuff is still up for sale and some has even been relisted without them replying to me.

Most of the stuff in not pinball related but I just don't get it? Why list something for sale and not reply to people trying to purchase it at your full asking price?

I know it isn't because they don't want to sell item to me for some reason because all of these people are people I have never had any dealings with in the past. Some are from towns I didn't even know existed until I looked them up on mapquest.

#6 8 years ago

Thanks to all who replied. I tried the searchtempest and it worked well. Showed a whole lot more than searchallcraiglist.

Thanks guys as usual. As to too-many-pins post, hey don't feel bad. I run into the same thing. Don't understand it either. You're not alone I'm afraid.

G

#7 8 years ago

I've had the most luck when they come to you. You make a post with what you're looking for, a reasonable price you're willing to pay, and you'll get some decent offers. You'll also get some people looking to unload there crap on you, like a 30 year old snow blower. But you just delete those emails.

But you may get lucky, and find someone who's just decided to sell the exact machine you're looking for and haven't listed it yet, and they just found you, and now might be able to sell the machine without going through all the trouble of making their own post and have to weed out all the trade emails for a weedwacker.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

What I would love to know is what is going on with Craig's List posters these days. It seems like only about one out of ten reply after you email them.

I've noticed this too. I think some people don't check email but would rather you text them.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I've noticed this too. I think some people don't check email but would rather you text them.

I don't understand the amount of people who want you to call them. Posters, and people responding to your posts. I don't have time to talk to people. I mean, I don't want to talk to people. I can reply just as good, if not better in an email. And I can also reply during work. I have a problem taking personal calls during work.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

I don't want to talk to people. I can reply just as good, if not better in an email

I like both. The big thing is prompt communication. Not 1 e-mail one day, then being honored with another one 2 days down the road. For this reason I prefer talking on the phone. Q & A in real time, instantly.

#11 8 years ago

Yeah I actually prefer talking as well. The majority of emails I sent went unanswered. When I talk to someone, I can ask if they've had a lot of interest, the condition of the machine, how long they've had it, things like that.

#12 8 years ago

I got a beautiful Addams Family at a reasonable price by putting up a wanted ad. They were in the process of listing it when they found my ad. Also bought a TZ, and IJ for well under market value at the time by my want ads. They don't always work, but worth a try.

#13 8 years ago

Great idea guys. Placing an ad today. I am grateful

G

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/craigslist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.