(Topic ID: 1903)

Craiglook Shut Down

By nutshell79

13 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 13 years ago

Checked craiglook this morning and received this...

Dear Craiglook users
    Craiglook.com has been shut down by demand of Craigslist.org

I have also complied with their request and have removed all RSS feeds and links to craigslist.org from the website.

I am extremely grateful to you all who kept the site running with your great ideas and feedback. I will try my best in reaching to Craigslist to see if there is a way for Craiglook to work out legal claims that they have pointed out.

If you have reached this site by mistake trying to go to Craigslist.org - please use the corresponding button below.

Too bad that site was great!

#2 13 years ago

i used that site too, hopefully whatever legalities need to be settled are, because it was a genuinely useful tool.

#4 13 years ago

I like www.crazedlist.org for searching multiple cities/states. However, it doesn't work with Internet Explorer -- you've got to use firefox or chrome (or an apple).

#5 13 years ago

Copyright infringement can lead to a nasty court case big fines federal imprisonment and a very bad stress headache. The WWF (World Wildlife Fund) and the WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) went at it in court for 12 years over the use of the title "WWF". The wrestlers lost! Hence their new title "WWE".

I guess Craiglook didn't want to go through that kinda thing. I wonder what the cease and desist letter read like...

#6 13 years ago

thanks tomdotcom, another replacement site is a homerun! craiglook was pretty streamlined and a nice site to browse as well. who knows what will happen?! maybe craigslist will "buy" them out or include that kind of tool for searching in the future.

#7 13 years ago

Just stay away from western Canada, that's my territory :p hahaha

#8 13 years ago

everyone stake out their territory! funny stuff, yeah stay outta CT!!!

#9 13 years ago

Hey Jespo. Can we split CT? Are you eastern or western CT?

#10 13 years ago

I seem to have Anchorage locked down tight.

#11 13 years ago

There is a job posting at my telecom company SC. It's near Anchorage and includes a house as part of the deal while you work there.

#12 13 years ago

You gonna come work up here for bit, BD?

#13 13 years ago

Nah .. it's a lot of hard work and pole climbing and digging in the snow in bad weather during certain months. It's why it comes with a free house and other incentives. It's also a four year commitment with only a $8000 moving expense.

I'd be lucky to be able to climb over a dead seal pup without a heart attack !

10 months later
    #14 12 years ago

Definitely sucked when craiglook got shut down. I use few others that are ok, but found yourlist.com to be my favorite now.

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from tehcox:

Quoted from jespo_19:

everyone stake out their territory! funny stuff, yeah stay outta CT!!! []

I am sending an offer on every cheap pin (500 or less) in CT MA NY NJ VT NH Sorry guys!

#16 12 years ago

Southern Wisconsin is all mine!!!

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

ehcox said:

jespo_19 said:

everyone stake out their territory! funny stuff, yeah stay outta CT!!! []

I am sending an offer on every cheap pin (500 or less) in CT MA NY NJ VT NH Sorry guys!

No wonder I can't find a cheap first pin for myself. I have been doing to exact same thing (I'm based in New Haven area)

#18 12 years ago

sorry bro, its a dog eat dog world. but the pond is empty right now.

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

I seem to have Anchorage locked down tight.

I am watching and learning. Alaska is mine when SC leaves.

I will miss being able to go play his machines, but our seal population will explode!

#20 12 years ago

We do have a site like that up here called Alaska's list. The big difference is that if it is legal to own, you can post it to sell. No restrictions. Guns/hunting and airplanes are a couple of the most popular categories.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/craiglook-shut-down and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.