7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Craftsman (resized).JPG
WolfCraft (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider njgecko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 7 years ago

I think everyone here has pretty well nailed it in some way, shape, or form. The Craftsman brand took a huge downturn over the last years once the brand went overseas. The quality wasn't there. For years and years Craftsman was "THE" brand to have. And you paid a premium for it. And you had toolsets handed down from father to son, etc. But it's changed now, and my Husky stuff is just as good, much more readily available, and much cheaper.

What we see everywhere is that the older brick and mortar stores need to make a radical shift to keep up with the changing retail market. It's across all retail sectors that this is happening. Unfortunately the model that worked for the last 75 years just isn't viable any more. Whether they are trying to sell Craftsman to save themselves or the brand doesn't matter. It's a shell of what it used to be. Personally I think that the day I went to KMart years ago and saw a Craftsman section was a huge nail in that coffin.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider njgecko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/craftsman-sold-to-stanley?tu=njgecko and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.