image-451.jpg
image-540.jpg
image-763.jpg
image-566.jpg
image.jpg
photo 3.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 1.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KevinCPR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 10 years ago

Steve,

I searched our PayPal account and all my emails and I don't have a record of a sales cycle between us on this playfield. So I'm trying to ascertain the caveats/photos (and low price) I put forth in selling this particular playfield.

I remember this playfield well. It's a one-of-a-kind because of its divot in the clearcoat (which you photographed above). There were no other Firepowers like that. Its origin was indeed one of the 15-20 of the 150 Firepowers that "popped" a few of their inserts (usually the hotdogs) due to the inserts in that particular run having absolutely smooth edges. There was no "bite" between the rockhard epoxy and the plastic of the insert. We exchanged all those playfields for those customers with heartier Firepowers that had 60-grit sanded edges on the inserts.

The ones that came back, we flooded the fissures with CA Glue, re-sanded the play surface, touched up the black on the insert rings to hide the tiny hairlines as much as possible, and clearcoated over the entire topside. Those playfields were sold as "seconds" or "Bronze" at deep discounts. This was one of those playfields. Cosmetically, I'd say the "worst" one (as you could still see the hairlines through the new topcoat, plus the divot).

This playfield should have sold as-is/where-is for $400-$450 to somebody ($150-$200 off regular price) for it being sub-par. With description of the cosmetics up-front. Possibly even custom photos taken.

Maybe you can provide the back history as you know it for this playfield.

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

#9 10 years ago

Thanks for the clarification. I had also searched my camera photos trying to find the photos I took to sell it to somebody, and couldn't find any. Photos are standard procedure when selling Bronze's. So I was boggled. Now everything makes total sense - because we gave away the playfield as a donation.

We're often approached by events & shows to donate charity items or door prizes. They're never looking for anything extreme - so they ask for any "stuff" we can muster. So we find it a good way to find homes for difficult-sell items (like sub-par playfields).

I would use CA Glue (best if you google it than me trying to explain it here). Sold at most craft / modelling stores. It's thin like alcohol, and it will capillary down into the cracks to freeze/seal them forever. Maybe this playfield didn't get the CA glue - I don't remember. But you need a small syringe (like a diabetic syringe) to inject with.

KEVIN

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Cabinet parts
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KevinCPR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cracked-clear-on-cpr-firepower-pf?tu=KevinCPR and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.