Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Snurdley
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tyrone20biggums.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

Where do they get theses people?

houston.craigslist.org link

Only 6500 Made!!!!

I can not find a decent pin on CL to save my life.....

#2 12 years ago

6500 is rare huh?Hehe!!

#3 12 years ago

Hilarious, Pat Hand is not only super not rare, it is one of the least valuable pinball machines out there. But, I guess if you want to sell Pat Hand for that kind of money, you have to play it up a lot!

#4 12 years ago

Talk about Marketing!!!

My CCM Hee-Haw was only 4000 made, it must be super rare.. Oh wait.....it's luck to be worth $300 on a good day..

Got to love CL.

#5 12 years ago

Don't you guys know? Every single pinball machine ever made is either rare, a classic, collectible or an antique. Duh...

#6 12 years ago

I feel the same way about this guy- seems WAY overpriced for such a lame franchise.

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#7 12 years ago

huh?

tyrone20biggums.jpgtyrone20biggums.jpg

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

I feel the same way about this guy- seems WAY overpriced for such a lame franchise.

Practicalsteve, maybe you are right, but don't forget that
    "Comes with the original full size (Colorful vibrant promotional Pinball poster in perfect condition ) and also collectors key ring and toper and all documentation".
    Now that really adds to the value...

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

Don't you guys know? Every single pinball machine ever made is either rare, a classic, collectible or an antique. Duh...

Exactly. Marketing 101......

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from BrianZ:

Only 6500 Made!!!!

Quoted from pinmike:

6500 is rare huh?Hehe!!

Gee does that make it rarer them my SOF? "2,705 units (approximate)" I don't think so!!!!

#12 12 years ago

ehh I like the back glass on Pat Hand & 2 pops low left PF,
    Everyone wants a deal on C-List so sometimes you have to post higher then the price you will let it go for.

#13 12 years ago

here's one from today:

"Good condition. Has been serviced. Does not work at the present time."

What? So are you saying it was serviced sometime since being built in 1981? Really? How about just say, "looks brand new, but not right now".

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

Everyone wants a deal on C-List so sometimes you have to post higher then the price you will let it go for.

So in this case he just marked up by $500...

#15 12 years ago

perhaps ?
    or sentimental reasons like it was his dads or grand dads pin
    I know of pinballers who cant let anything go the machines take on a personality and become family

#16 12 years ago

I think we can all agree that #552 is quite rare.

#17 12 years ago

And the CL hits keep coming. Apparently one like this working went for almost $3K!

sanmarcos.craigslist.org link

It's actually a nice machine, but I'm not offering more 200-300 for it.

We might be off by a few 0's.

#18 12 years ago

I would never pay more than $400 for ANY EM machine, period

#19 12 years ago

I agree...figure i have to drop at least $100 to make them work again......

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I would never pay more than $400 for ANY EM machine, period

+1

#21 12 years ago

I really love EM machines because my grandpa had ingpin in his house while I was growing up. They hold a special place for me but they really are boring after you play most SS machines for a while.

#22 12 years ago

I completely agree that most CL'ers are on the pipe but I have found some fantastic deals there. I'm in northern Va and CL here is hot. For me it's all about staying on top of it. I have the CL app and when I'm looking to buy I check it every 30 min with saved searches for pinballs in my price range. I found a nice Mata Hari for $200, bought a beautiful Transporter that only needed a fuse for $400 and just yesterday I found a Bally 1971 Double-up bingo pin with extra working backbox and mint backglass for $300 bucks. I think that one is truly considered rare. That being said. For every one of those I find I have to sort through 20 over priced pieces of JUNK. I'm a big fan of CL, what I'm not a big fan of is the weird people I always meet from there. Man are some of them just plain freaks!!!!

#24 12 years ago

C'Mon Toyota, it has "crome" legs. That has to be worth SOMETHING!

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from the_pin_family:

I'm a big fan of CL, what I'm not a big fan of is the weird people I always meet from there. Man are some of them just plain freaks!!!!

+1 You got that right.

#26 12 years ago

Can u hook me up? Will save me time for looking for an app or writing a script.....

I bought my first (and only) EM on CL and got it for next to nothing.

Really looking for a DMD or SS, but just aint seeing anything here in south texas right now

At the very least, figured i would post the few outragous EM ones I found while searching.

#27 12 years ago

They have the app for both droid and iPhone. The iphone's got a much better one. Don't use the notification option. It won't let you know fast enough, they go fast. Also allofcraigslist.com is nice. It searches every city in every state at the same time.

#28 12 years ago

It's not pinball-related, but this ad is pretty funny.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pml/cto/2619410616.html

3 weeks later
    #29 12 years ago

I looked at one near me two months ago that the seller listed as "very well maintained" that had displays out, loud coil buzzing, flippers so weak none of the ramp shots could be made, paint missing on the playfield, cabinet missing entire strips of wood, broken rubbers. etc... I pointed out all these flaws to him and now i see it relisted again with the same "very well maintained" description. What gives with these people? The machine is also priced 15% above the upper range of values per pinside.

#30 12 years ago

I think the price is missing a decimal somewhere:

norfolk.craigslist.org link

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

with this awesome quote

This is a two player game, meaning up to 2 players can play the game

#32 12 years ago

Not a crackhead but someone thinking outside of the "van"

sfbay.craigslist.org link

"cash or equal value in pinball machines"

Nice...personally, i would put a pin INSIDE that van!

#33 12 years ago

Damm I digg those ford Econolines

#34 12 years ago

Classic.. Never heard that one.. Will trade car for pinball.

#35 12 years ago

Another great one:

dallas.craigslist.org link

What the hell, cant even take a picture of the whole machine? I love these people

#36 12 years ago
    Quoted from BrianZ:

Classic.. Never heard that one.. Will trade car for pinball.

There is a guy on RGP that wants to trade his MM for a saxophone. And no, I'm not joking ...

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/9b4d08d6b1911c99#

#37 12 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

GoneFishinLvMsg said:

with this awesome quote
    This is a two player game, meaning up to 2 players can play the game

I love the fact that he has replaced the "rubber bands".

#38 12 years ago
    Quoted from JDub1006:

I love the fact that he has replaced the "rubber bands".

LOL! Hopefully, he didn't use actual rubber bands.

#39 12 years ago

cleveland.craigslist.org link

Who about the super rare game.. Hot Doggin. Only 2k. Best of all, it has sat unplayed for 6 yrs.

#40 12 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

Who about the super rare game.. Hot Doggin. Only 2k. Best of all, it has sat unplayed for 6 yrs.

6 years is not that long

#41 12 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

The Black Hole I'm trying to sell has a SBA coin slot. Maybe I should put that in the ad and double the price?

#42 12 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

The Black Hole I'm trying to sell has a SBA coin slot. Maybe I should put that in the ad and double the price?

But you have to cut your proposed price hike in half because my BH has a SBA slot too! LOL!

Post edited by Shane300zx : forgot the lol

#43 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

I looked at one near me two months ago that the seller listed as "very well maintained" that had displays out, loud coil buzzing, flippers so weak none of the ramp shots could be made, paint missing on the playfield, cabinet missing entire strips of wood, broken rubbers. etc... I pointed out all these flaws to him and now i see it relisted again with the same "very well maintained" description. What gives with these people? The machine is also priced 15% above the upper range of values per pinside.

Well, his sold and mine didn't so i guess i'm the dumbass.

#44 12 years ago

I love it...IT ACCEPTS SUSAN B ANTHONYS AS WELL AS Quarters.

That must make it worth $$$.

1 week later
    #45 12 years ago

How about a Marilyn Taxi.. only $7500!!

Or a Police Force "ONE OF THE TOP RATED PINBALL MACHINES EVER MADE". By top ranking they mean ranked 230 on pinside and 193 on ipdb

#46 12 years ago

phoenix.craigslist.org link

This guy put the listing in the "antiques" section...makes it worth more...right?

#47 12 years ago

I really like the "1st come 1st served". cincinnati.craigslist.org link

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/crack-heads-on-craigslist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.