Topic poll

“which machine has to leave?”

• CQ CC'd BSD 15 votes
    32%
  • modded Met Premium 32 votes
    68%

(47 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bsd.jpg
image-478.jpg
image.jpg

#1 6 years ago

I need to sell one of these machines to fund another CQ machine I want. I am having a hard time making the call..

My BSD is so nice it is hard to let it go, but the new machine will also be very nice from the same era.

Metallica definitely gets more play these days but it is more easily replaced that the BSD would be..

why is life so hard?

image-478.jpgimage.jpg

#2 6 years ago

Because BSD is Freak-n Awesome !! If U have a CQ 1 ,, U Better keep it ..

Met's- will always be available , i'd sell that MM to fund yr new Pin ..

#3 6 years ago

hah. I just got the MM.. she is not going anywhere.

#4 6 years ago

Based on your list of games I would dump Johnny before BSD and Metallica. I had a super nice BSD and regret selling it.

#5 6 years ago

all my bly/wms games are clear coated CQ.. the johnny is also very new so its staying.. it is between Met and BSD this round.

#7 6 years ago

Met all the way hard to fine bsd thats this nice most met will be in this condition

#8 6 years ago

Stern isn't making Metallica Premiums anymore apparently. So I dunno that I would say they're any more common than BSD really.

526 pinsiders have a BSD listed.

326 have Metallica Premium / LE listed. I would assume at least 100 of those are LEs.

Now I know your BSD is nice, and Met Prem is new so finding a nice one isn't difficult. Just saying, they're not exactly common. And I'm personally not giving up my Metallica anytime soon, it's IMHO one of the best games Stern has ever made.

#9 6 years ago

hmmmmm I would say sell the BSD and............ what are you getting

#10 6 years ago

BSD is a cute little machine, but nowhere near as good at any MET.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Stern isn't making Metallica Premiums anymore apparently.

They will.

I say that not based on any inside info. Just common sense. Stern sold all the MET Premiums that they made to distributors. Once the inventory from distributors is gone or low, they will ask Stern to make more. They will.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

They will.
I say that not based on any inside info. Just common sense. Stern sold all the MET Premiums that they made to distributors. Once the inventory from distributors is gone or low, they will ask Stern to make more. They will.

Maybe! I love the game, think it's awesome, by all means make more. But it seems like Premiums that aren't AC/DC just aren't big sellers, maybe the demand just isn't there.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Stern isn't making Metallica Premiums anymore apparently. So I dunno that I would say they're any more common than BSD really.
526 pinsiders have a BSD listed.
326 have Metallica Premium / LE listed. I would assume at least 100 of those are LEs.
Now I know your BSD is nice, and Met Prem is new so finding a nice one isn't difficult. Just saying, they're not exactly common. And I'm personally not giving up my Metallica anytime soon, it's IMHO one of the best games Stern has ever made.

Getting your hands on a BSD is one thing.. getting one this nice is another. That is where the issue is.

bsd.jpg

#14 6 years ago

Don't let go of BSD. I don't say that as an owner. I say that as "You know you'll regret letting it go." Pick up another MetPrem down the road. DO NOT let go of BSD. You'll regret it, and you know it.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Maybe! I love the game, think it's awesome, by all means make more. But it seems like Premiums that aren't AC/DC just aren't big sellers, maybe the demand just isn't there.

I assume Met is Sterns second best selling Premium. Is be very surprised if they don't make more by next spring or early summer.

If they don't it means the market is continuing to slump.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Don't let go of BSD. I don't say that as an owner. I say that as "You know you'll regret letting it go." Pick up another MetPrem down the road. DO NOT let go of BSD. You'll regret it, and you know it.

Agreed.... You can always pick up another Met Premium later.
I'm also drinking the cool aid that they will release another version.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

Getting your hands on a BSD is one thing.. getting one this nice is another. That is where the issue is.

Get over yourself

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Get over yourself

dont be jealous. hah

#19 6 years ago

interesting the voting started with Metallica and now it swung to BSD.. I am leaning towards Met.

#20 6 years ago

I missed out on that BSD when you were going to sell it the first time. Please let me know if you decide to sell.

Kevin

#21 6 years ago

MET is clearly the better pin. I like BSD a lot though.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

dont be jealous. hah

I wasn't jealous when you could find them around here for $900, and I'm not now.

I'm not into CQ stuff that much so I can't really relate to this specific issue....but it sounds like you have some deep feelings for BSD; so I say keep it. I think there's certain(t)ly more chance you'd find a MetPrem down the road than a dolled up BSD.

EDIT: It's kind of like an old GF. She's obviously inferior in every way, but you'll always have those old feelings for her. And better than that, you've given her a Vaginoplasty for her birthday. I wish you 2 well

#23 6 years ago

I have a couple buyers waiting for me to sell it, like vultures

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

That should tell you something right there. BSD has stood the test of time - if anything - it is having its time right now. The last 2-3 years, BSD has taken off like a rocket. Maybe not in terms of price (thank goodness) but in terms of sheer popularity.

Stern has proven that if things get wild, here comes the VE or possibly another round of METPrems to come out if demand gets high. Can't say the same thing for BSD.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

The last 2-3 years, BSD has taken off like a rocket. Maybe not in terms of price (thank goodness)

Whoaaaaa?

#26 6 years ago

Are you nuts? Keep your BSD. It will be so much easier to find a nice MET in the future if you change your mind. But BSD is really tough to find in good shape.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

Yep, and you keep playing the role of the prick tease!

#28 6 years ago

Sell em both if you can't make up your mind

#29 6 years ago

OP said he's got vultures waiting for him to sell it. Seemed appropriate to me .

12 votes for each. Voting hasn't been this tight since the "chad" debacle of 2000.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

OP said he's got vultures waiting for him to sell it. Seemed appropriate to me .

I was referring to BSD not rocketing up in price in the last 2-3 years. From where I'm sitting it's gone up big time. 3 years ago you could find them for $900...$1200 easy. Round these parts anyway.

#31 6 years ago

It took me 2 years to find a decent BSD. Cabinet is faded, but playfield is very nice. I drove 18 hrs round trip to get it. I bought it a little over a year ago....ebay special for $1500.

#32 6 years ago

A REALLY good quality BSD Is likely a much rarer beast than a MET Pre... But MET is 10 times the game... Maybe 20!

Post edited by MapleSyrup: spelling error

#33 6 years ago

Even though I let go of my LE early I still think it's an awesome game. Keep met and sell something else is my vote. Amazing how few LE and premiums met you see for sale.

#34 6 years ago

Keep the BSD, challenging game at all times, met very simple game most of the time.

#36 6 years ago

Hey, someone's gonna be happy, you shouldn't have any trouble moving that.

#37 6 years ago

Dude! VERY tough call. Both games are the tits.

#38 6 years ago

super tough.. I was playing both this morning. they are both such cool games in there own way.

#39 6 years ago

With repo plastics here and repo playfield on the list it seems like finding a super nice BSD may be easier to find in the future than now. Not saying that should change your mind but is something to consider.

#40 6 years ago

I should add, I have both as well. My two current favs actually. I feel like BSD a is sort of a one trick pony though. MET offers a ton of variety, and feels different every time I play it. They are the two I play the most though. BSD when I want my arse handed to me, and MET when I want to lose myself in the game, and just have fun.

#41 6 years ago

the thought of having 5 cherry WMS machines lined up sorta pushed me over the edge.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

the thought of having 5 cherry WMS machines lined up sorta pushed me over the edge.

What's the 5th going to be?

#44 6 years ago

Nice.... GLWTS

#45 6 years ago

Tough choice... The only way I'd get rid of my bsd is for a nicer one. Metallica is easily one of sterns best. I think you need to put more thought into whatever it is your looking for because seriously not much gonna fill that hole!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Perth, WA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside