• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Prmailers
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0784.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dwizz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Does anyone know what it means when on the cpu board the top light is off the middle is flashing and the bottom is staying on on a Twilight Zone. My machine is fried and I'm having trouble diagnosing it. Any information will help.

#3 11 years ago

would I do this with the machine on? So does that mean the lights on the cpu board do not telling you anything?

#7 11 years ago

ok thank you, so would I turn it off disconnect it and then turn it on to see? The game does turn on lights up and I can hear it boot up and tell me there is a problem. You responded to my topis about the fried tz two days ago and I am in the middle of checking all the fuses now.

#8 11 years ago

well it is showing two lines on the dmd I posted a pics in a post two days ago here is the link
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-my-twilight-zone-fried

#12 11 years ago

Sorry but I'm a little confused about disconnecting the boards. the cpu is working or at least power is going to it what should I look for when I disconnect these?

#14 11 years ago

So I found this and I checked the fuse and it was blown I'm gonna go to radio shack tomorrow and hopefully this is it.
"I turn my Game On, and a Coil Keeps Firing On and Off - Why?
Also My DMD is Not Working Too."
This is a fuse related problem too. Chances are good the fuse for the 12 volts (F116 or F109 on WPC95 most often) that feeds the switch optos has blown. Since there is no light source for the optos, this makes the CPU think the opto switches are closed (like there is a ball stuck in an upkicker). The machine is trying to eject the phantom ball as part of the power-on process. Also maybe the Dot Matrix Display (DMD) is out too with nothing on the display or just a single line or garbage. Some DMD displays need 12 volts to function, some do not (brand dependant). Check all the backbox fuses (on WPC-S and prior, usually this is fuse F116 (or F109 on WPC95), which is the unregulated 12 volt fuse (on WPC-S and earlier via BR5).

#15 11 years ago

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was the f116 fuse. Thank you everyone who helped!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 22.50
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 132.00
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 12.95
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 12.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dwizz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpu-leds?tu=dwizz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.