5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Quench
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quench.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

I replaced ... as well as the 4028 at U38 decoder chip for those enable signals. No Change.

You mean the 4028 at IC36? (not IC38)

What's your logic probe telling you about activity on the input enable signals to those two 4724 chips, and all the way back from the 4028 and the 4556 at IC32 which selects the 4028 chips? Is there activity or are they stuck high or low?

Are any of the outputs working properly on the 4724 chips at IC9 and IC10 on the interface board?

#4 5 years ago

Your anomaly here is that an odd ( 3 from 8 ) number of outputs aren't working properly off the 4724's which takes away an obvious simple logic issue.

A logic probe can be your friend. I think it's also worth swapping the select line wires to the decoders on the CN12 connector at the CPU board, just incase it reveals anything of interest.

My only Zaccaria is in pieces at the moment and I can't remember if there's any sort of RAM test on power up.
The two RAM chips "6514" and "2114" are pin compatible. The 6514 is just a low power version of the 2114. If you suspect RAM and they're socketed, try temporarily swapping them around - of course you'll lose any battery backed settings.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Now what crosses with a 2101?

Both the Philips and Intel 5101 datasheets specify that the 5101 is pin compatible with the 2101.
5101 is a very low power CMOS version of the 2101 NMOS RAM chip.

#9 5 years ago

Very interesting and well done!
I guess Zaccaria aren't doing any RAM tests on powerup.
Thanks for posting the resolution.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quench.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpu-lamp-issue-on-zaccaria-devil-riders?tu=quench and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.