Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by hAbO
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Its been damn near 3 years since this was announced. Was it ever finished?

#2 11 years ago

Already covered in another thread, they need an artist.

#3 11 years ago

Huh, that's not all they need. Quality control on the last two playfields I bought was very questionable. If you don't mind taking 2-3 extra hours re-drilling missed holes and having a slightly raised insert here and there, you shouldn't have any concerns.

Now, I WAS issued a partial refund but don't try to pass off a "seconds" playfield to me as a "firsts". Just bad.

#4 11 years ago

The last two playfields you bought, If you got the first bad one why did you buy another. Totally OT.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from Bub:

The last two playfields you bought, If you got the first bad one why did you buy another. Totally OT.

Probably the need for a PF (selling, restore for someone etc.) coupled with the fact that CPR may have been the only place it could've been gotten.

#6 11 years ago

True enough. I have never had a bad transaction with CPR, from what I hear, some have.
    The way I see it, if they are the only one's making repops, then thats who you go to. If the product is not to your liking, don't deal with them.
    I ordered a set of plastics for my Orbitor from them, one hole was about an 1/16 off of were it should have been, I re-drilled a new one and sent an email and let them know. No sweat, they were better then the ones I had.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from Bub:

No sweat, they were better then the ones I had.

I'm with you there....I ordered a set of plastics (NOS) from PBR and they had some small scratches and scuffs but, hell they've been around for 30+ yrs.. 99% disappeared after a little novus2 was used on them to polish.

#8 11 years ago

CPR's web site does not mention a release date, but is taking orders.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from Bub:

I did not buy the second one from CPR. I bought it from another collector that ordered it from CPR as a "first" and it clearly was not. Again, the quality control issues are a problem and are not just 1 or 2 people that got a bad PF.

#10 11 years ago

Ive had an order in for Lost Vegas for years now i have lost hope it will get done anytime soon if ever the way it looks.
    I have purchased several CPR playfields they are ok but i also have noticed alot of flaws that should have been caught on a $600 piece of wood but then again who else makes reproductions?
    I had one Xenon PF the wood was too soft and in a few months had dings all over it.
    Centaur PF inserts had cracks around all inserts like they were coming loose before even being installed in a machine and seems 25% or so of the dimples etc are incorrect.
    Centaurs clear also shrank to the point I could feel all the wood grain etc under the finish.
    But then again Silverball Mania turned out alot better.
    Plastics i have had pretty good luck with except the early run of Xenon they were crap but they had he as good as originals on the later runs.
    Ok a person might expect better at times but seems they are working on improving their products I just retouched and recleared the centaur now it is perfect fortunately I have the skills and equipment to have done it myself.

#13 11 years ago

I photoshopped it as a joke seeing a number of post about "Lost Vegas" have been popping up recently.

1 week later
    #14 11 years ago

I don't want to have anything to do with a project like this if it takes 5 years and it's still not done. I sold my Dolly Parton after exactly 4 years of waiting. At this point, I could care less about a NEW early solid state machine that is someone else's concept... I would rather spend my time and money to retheme a pin I actually want and not a theme I could care less about like lost vegas.

#15 11 years ago

I have a Dolly for sale, Tried of it being in my way.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from CoinTaker:

I think I'm going the same route. I went out of my way to get a Dolly for this project, not knowing the anticipated delay with it coming together. CPR needs to be more up front with their plans and progress. This is a real disappointment.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from CoinTaker:

Everyone who DOES have a Dolly folded up for years: Make sure you cut the battery off the board.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from CoinTaker:

Dolly is like herpes. Once you have it, you have it forever.

#19 11 years ago

I was pumped about the project but never heard much after it was announced. Forgot that several years have passed.

Mike
    www.HabosArcade.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cprs-lost-vegas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.