Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by CPR
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20221225_093050_Chrome (resized).jpg
    F03CF37E-BF98-4F75-AD5E-30DE9DCBA450 (resized).jpeg
    48693d04be0636ef865ace90a9b7d22288fbad85 (resized).jpg
    304CB2F9-48BA-4281-9D74-73F573525145 (resized).jpeg
    80AE46A9-2B0C-4304-ABAB-93D011BF38DA (resized).jpeg
    FAA670E5-F0EB-4C48-9759-B60B8FFA5358 (resized).png
    There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

Was checking their website and noticed an upcoming sale. Happy holidays to all.

FAA670E5-F0EB-4C48-9759-B60B8FFA5358 (resized).pngFAA670E5-F0EB-4C48-9759-B60B8FFA5358 (resized).png
    #2 3 years ago

Awesome..... I ordered a playfield yesterday........

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

I ordered two back glasses this week...

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

Quoted from Jecco74:

I ordered two back glasses this week...

Sorry. Hopefully others will see this and not order today but wait until tomorrow.

#5 3 years ago

Thanks for posting-

On the fence about an Evel Knievel playfield - I have a hardtop standing by for it but would really rather have a new playfield, but $849 seems steep for the amount of artwork on there. I've paid that for Medusa and ToTAN, even KISS, but having a tough time pulling the trigger for Evel. Game is a keeper for me, nostalgic memories from my teen years, but dang...

Same w Night Rider - the game isn't worth a $749 playfield. Bally "FIRE" pf is only $579, and has way more going on. At the $550 price point I'd spring for an Old Chicago, Night Rider, Sorcerer AND Evel playfields...

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Thanks for posting-
    On the fence about an Evel Knievel playfield - I have a hardtop standing by for it but would really rather have a new playfield, but $849 seems steep for the amount of artwork on there. I've paid that for Medusa and ToTAN, even KISS, but having a tough time pulling the trigger for Evel. Game is a keeper for me, nostalgic memories from my teen years, but dang...
    Same w Night Rider - the game isn't worth a $749 playfield. Bally "FIRE" pf is only $579, and has way more going on. At the $550 price point I'd spring for an Old Chicago, Night Rider, Sorcerer AND Evel playfields...

At least you can sell Evel Knievel for lots more cash,so a new PF is worth the price to me.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from pincoin:

At least you can sell Evel Knievel for lots more cash,so a new PF is worth the price to me.

If I didn't have the hardtop already it would make the decision easier, too.....

#8 3 years ago

Got my Backglass last week. It’s all good. Just an excuse to order more.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

If I didn't have the hardtop already it would make the decision easier, too.....

Maybe someone needs a hardtop. Try the Marketplace? Then you still have a few days to order the pf.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Thanks for posting-
    On the fence about an Evel Knievel playfield - I have a hardtop standing by for it but would really rather have a new playfield, but $849 seems steep for the amount of artwork on there.

If the game is a keeper for you, especially from a nostalgia standpoint, I’d spring for the playfield. I get why people do hardtops, cost/benefit/return and time/effort, but when I look at them and play them it’s just not quite the same. As always ymmv...

#11 3 years ago

Anyone see a Scared Stiff mirrored bg in person? Tempting....

#12 3 years ago

I plan to order a Space Mission backglass. The discount made the decision easy. Thanks for posting.

#13 3 years ago

I just placed my order. I almost ordered a couple of weeks ago and decided to wait and see if they would run any sales. I’m glad I waited. Thanks CPR and Merry Christmas!

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from Silverstreak02:

I plan to order a Space Mission backglass. The discount made the decision easy. Thanks for posting.

That’s the one I ordered. You are going to love it. Really brings back the colors that have faded over the years. The white blotch isn’t that bad inside the O if you know about that.

I also have HS2 mirrored. I recommend adding LEDs to bring the light through a bit more.

#15 3 years ago

Don’t be an idiot like me.
    I didn’t realize you needed a coupon code, thought it was automatically deducted during the checkout.
    Now I’m begging for $25 back

80AE46A9-2B0C-4304-ABAB-93D011BF38DA (resized).jpeg80AE46A9-2B0C-4304-ABAB-93D011BF38DA (resized).jpeg
    #16 3 years ago

Thanks for the heads up, just grabbed a plastic set for my black knight and a mirrored back glass for my cftbl!!

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

That’s the one I ordered. You are going to love it. Really brings back the colors that have faded over the years. The white blotch isn’t that bad inside the O if you know about that.
    I also have HS2 mirrored. I recommend adding LEDs to bring the light through a bit more.

I just placed my order for the Space Mission back glass and then saw your comment on the white blotch. I wasn't aware of it until now. Bummer.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from Foo:

Anyone see a Scared Stiff mirrored bg in person? Tempting....

I put one on my game- the black looks weird compared to the translite. Totally different, seems too black lol. If you can get past that, which I did, it looks great.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Evel Knievel playfield - I have a hardtop standing by for it but would really rather have a new playfield, but $849 seems steep for the amount of artwork on there.

I've been lucky enough to play on an Evil K w/ a CPR playf regularly in my league, and it is most excellent.
    They get the color scheme really down on that title.

#20 3 years ago

Also, thanks for this post op.

I'll likely never get a better price shipped for what I should buy (new Paragon backglass).

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from Silverstreak02:

I just placed my order for the Space Mission back glass and then saw your comment on the white blotch. I wasn't aware of it until now. Bummer.

You'll be fine. You could sharpie over the top part of the glass to make it black (or blue). Sharpie on glass is easily reversible.

The glass is still worth it with all those fresh colors.

#22 3 years ago
    304CB2F9-48BA-4281-9D74-73F573525145 (resized).jpeg304CB2F9-48BA-4281-9D74-73F573525145 (resized).jpeg
    #24 3 years ago

Thank you for sharing, picking up some plastics for my Earthshaker.

#25 3 years ago

Does anyone know if this is CPR's boilerplate message for "We've received your order"?

"Your classicplayfields.com order has been marked complete on our side."

I haven't received any shipping notice. My order was marked as "complete" near instantly.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

Does anyone know if this is CPR's boilerplate message for "We've received your order"?
    I haven't received any shipping notice. My order was marked as "complete" near instantly.

You will get another email with tracking information when they ship your order. Mine was three days after my initial order.

#27 3 years ago

I kept looking at that sale day after day tryin to decide. Decided on space shuttle since I know I won’t part with this game
    Have a hardtop but I am sure that can be used by another.. or keep for another ss
    Hard to pass up 10% off

#28 3 years ago

Anybody have their Barracora playfield? Any errors? Dimples accurate?

Thanks.

#29 3 years ago

Ordered a pf and plastics for my whirlwind. Thanks to this thread for bringing the sale to my attention.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

Any luck on your end? I ordered on 12/26 and received the same email on 12/27. I emailed CPR a few days ago. As of today (1/3) and still no email that playfield, plastics, and topper have shipped.

I understand that they may be busy because of year-end sale and holidays but one would expect better communication after giving someone $1k.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from WhiskeyPinball:

Any luck on your end? I ordered on 12/26 and received the same email on 12/27. I emailed CPR a few days ago. As of today (1/3) and still no email that playfield, plastics, and topper have shipped.
    I understand that they may be busy because of year-end sale and holidays but one would expect better communication after giving someone $1k.

Agreed, but since they are 'print on demand' now, they may have waited through the rush of orders til yesterday or today to start making things. I ordered a plastics set with the discount code, and occasional quality issues aside I don't think CPR is a company we have to worry about getting ripped off by.

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

Yeah, that might be a lost in translation word intending to mean 'the act of ORDERING an item has been completed'.

#33 3 years ago

Am not too worried about CPR - I have purchased several playfields and items from them in the past.

Ordering, communication, and delivery has always been a breeze.

Just feel that the timeline and lack of communication is a little off.

I will update the thread when I hear back from them.

Cheers

#34 3 years ago

It’s canada... assume they took some extra days off in the last week for the holidays.

#35 3 years ago

Nothing yet, but understandably it's the holidays.

#36 3 years ago

I ordered a Firepower PF and plastics on 12/31. Honestly, I don't expect to get the shipping notification until sometime next week.

#37 3 years ago

I'm not understanding the patience... I'm calling out KevinCPR specifically...
    I ordered; and I expected insta-shipment given they were doing an end-of-year sale.
    If they weren't going to ship in a reasonable "days" timeframe; then they shouldn't have done a sale or they should have specifically stated that they were going to be taking weeks to ship.

I haven't seen a shipping notice myself; and just checked paypal and there is no tracking number. I'm not going to sweat it now; but if it doesn't ship in the next day or two... or it doesn't appear by the end of week; then I'm going to be filing a paypal dispute.

I have zero tolerance for companies holding my money for weeks at a time. You ship or you don't get my money.

As a ecommerce vendor myself; If I don't ship within a day or two the customer gets an email and an apology. I ordered the day after Christmas - I expected a shipment BEFORE the new year.

#38 3 years ago

Big thanks to CPR! Great discounts help the bottom line. I’ve never had a bad experience. I’ve never heard no when i brought up a legitimate issue. Their products have allowed me to restore games that otherwise wouldn’t be possible. Keep up the great work Kev

#39 3 years ago

This is a little off topic. Just curious if lexan has been considered in lieu of acrylic for plastics? I had a cpr high speed airball take out a plastic. Frustrating . Maybe a protector set is needed when replacing plastics?

#40 3 years ago

Guys;

I'll chime in to say what I can. We are just finishing up the holidays here. We are a very small company with only a couple of employees besides Kevin and myself and were basically shut down from Christmas to New Years. The website runs automated so there is no live person sending out confirmations of your order, its just an automated feature of the website. I believe Thomas has been in a bit over the holidays so some orders have actually gone out but we sold much more than we expected and it will take some time to move through this many orders.

As always, if you don't want the products or are unhappy let us know and we'll refund your purchase right away.

Zitt, no need to open a PayPal dispute I can just refund you right now if you wish.

Mike

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballplusMN:

This is a little off topic. Just curious if lexan has been considered in lieu of acrylic for plastics?

I seem to remember there was some property of Lexan that made them undesirable for plastics, I do know while damn near unbreakable they are also soft and easy to scratch.

Do enjoy making protective plastics out of Lexan to protect high risk items.

48693d04be0636ef865ace90a9b7d22288fbad85 (resized).jpg48693d04be0636ef865ace90a9b7d22288fbad85 (resized).jpg
    #42 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

I'm not understanding the patience... I'm calling out kevincpr specifically...
    I ordered; and I expected insta-shipment given they were doing an end-of-year sale.
    If they weren't going to ship in a reasonable "days" timeframe; then they shouldn't have done a sale or they should have specifically stated that they were going to be taking weeks to ship.
    I haven't seen a shipping notice myself; and just checked paypal and there is no tracking number. I'm not going to sweat it now; but if it doesn't ship in the next day or two... or it doesn't appear by the end of week; then I'm going to be filing a paypal dispute.
    I have zero tolerance for companies holding my money for weeks at a time. You ship or you don't get my money.
    As a ecommerce vendor myself; If I don't ship within a day or two the customer gets an email and an apology. I ordered the day after Christmas - I expected a shipment BEFORE the new year.

Wow all that is wrong with the world right here in this post. Have some freaking patience.

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Kevin responded an hour ago and you havent told him yet if you want a refund - what is taking so long??? WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG????

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

If you do take him to court and it gets to a jury, I just hope the jurors can find free parking.

#45 3 years ago

Ahh, nothing celebrates the holidays like zero tolerance.

Quoted from Zitt:

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from RazerX:

Ahh, nothing celebrates the holidays like zero tolerance.

Yup CPR I don’t care if it’s Christmas, New year, Thanksgiving, your birthday a funeral if I order something AND ITS IN A SALE you better send it out within couple minuites of me ordering it!!!!

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

I'm calling out kevincpr specifically...

Zitt,

Mike has already posted a reply, but since you called me to the carpet specifically, I'll chime in too.

Regarding the Year-End Sale itself - it's something we have done the last couple years, via throwing the site into that mode for the entire time we are Closed. This is key to remember. Closed. We're all gone on holiday vacay after the 24th... and aren't back open until after Jan 1st.

The function of the sale is to give everybody a good week of discounts, while nobody is here. Just let the orders flood in, and once we're back, we can dive in and have a huge production waiting for us to kick off the new year.

Also remember - everything except playfields are made-to-order. Yes, normally a typical shop day is making all the orders that came in the night before, and they all go on the UPS truck at 5pm. Rinse. Repeat. Daily. That is our production rotation. So normally, it's 24-48 hours turnaround. Has been for 2 years now.

Our packer DID pop in for a few days on the 28-30 to get ahead for himself, and work on emails. So he managed to get dozens of things out the door, that were already on the shelf. Mainly playfield-only orders. As many as he could cram, being there alone. So dozens of orders are already en route.

Nothing is sitting in quantity here anymore (like 2 years ago, and prior) to just grab and ship. Everything is an on-demand procedure (except playfields, made in batches). The benefit of this is, we can offer the entire CPR catalog at all times, and just make what is wanted... rather than runs of 100 of everything (which limited us to ~50 runs a year), and riding on sitting stock only.

Sorry that we didn't meet your expectation.

The good news is, today we're all back at full staff, and production is roaring again. UPS will be here daily taking a truckload, and all of these orders will be on their way across the next 7 days or so. Our goal of course, is that we eventually reach a normal daily-rotation stasis again. We should be at that point by the 12th or so.

Back to the shopcave I go...

KEVIN
    Classic Playfield Reproductions
    http://www.classicplayfields.com

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from KevinCPR:

Zitt,
    Mike has already posted a reply, but since you called me to the carpet specifically, I'll chime in too.
    Regarding the Year-End Sale itself - it's something we have done the last couple years, via throwing the site into that mode for the entire time we are Closed. This is key to remember. Closed. We're all gone on holiday vacay after the 24th... and aren't back open until after Jan 1st.
    The function of the sale is to give everybody a good week of discounts, while nobody is here. Just let the orders flood in, and once we're back, we can dive in and have a huge production waiting for us to kick off the new year.
    Also remember - everything except playfields are made-to-order. Yes, normally a typical shop day is making all the orders that came in the night before, and they all go on the UPS truck at 5pm. Rinse. Repeat. Daily. That is our production rotation. So normally, it's 24-48 hours turnaround. Has been for 2 years now.
    Our packer DID pop in for a few days on the 28-30 to get ahead for himself, and work on emails. So he managed to get dozens of things out the door, that were already on the shelf. Mainly playfield-only orders. As many as he could cram, being there alone. So dozens of orders are already en route.
    Nothing is sitting in quantity here anymore (like 2 years ago, and prior) to just grab and ship. Everything is an on-demand procedure (except playfields, made in batches). The benefit of this is, we can offer the entire CPR catalog at all times, and just make what is wanted... rather than runs of 100 of everything (which limited us to ~50 runs a year), and riding on sitting stock only.
    Sorry that we didn't meet your expectation.
    The good news is, today we're all back at full staff, and production is roaring again. UPS will be here daily taking a truckload, and all of these orders will be on their way across the next 7 days or so. Our goal of course, is that we eventually reach a normal daily-rotation stasis again. We should be at that point by the 12th or so.
    Back to the shopcave I go...
    KEVIN
    Classic Playfield Reproductions
    http://www.classicplayfields.com

I always admire company's that can polity reply to a rude customer. I would not have this self control

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

I always admire company's that can polity reply to a rude customer. I would not have this self control

Me neither. CPR is one of the companies that I have no concern of following through on orders.

#50 3 years ago

Kevin,

I very much appreciate what you and the team do for our hobby.

Without you guys there would be many machines sitting / waiting to get back to their full potential.

Also, your JIT inventory model is pretty rad.

Looking forward to what other new playfields are planned for release.

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-year-end-sale-?hl=silverstreak02 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.