Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Chev.jpg
insertdesign11.jpg
IMG_20130428_163527_zps599bfeef_(1).jpg
IMG_20130428_200932_zps95999702.jpg
image.jpg
2013-05-08_00-58-20_286.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CPR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 11 years ago

Hey Guys;

Let me chime in here and say that Stu and Jim are pretty much spot on. Guessing how many PFs to actually make is a hard nut to crack. Inserts are running as much as a 10 month lead time and I have to order inserts for as many titles as I can at a time to keep the costs reasonable. For example, I once ordered inserts for 100 Centaur PFs and the inserts cost about $10 per PF, but then I was told we "needed" to make a further 15. The inserts for these next 15 cost $75/PF!!! So that means, when I place an insert order I have to group the inserts together on the same order for the next 5 or 6 PFs. So it's not just 10 months to that PF can get made, it's 10 months until the "first" PF of the batch I ordered for can get made. If I ordered inserts for 5-6 titles, then it might be another 10 months or more until the last few titles get made. During that time I have no real ability to adjust upwards the number of PFs I can make.

It's not quite as bad as all that as I often add extra inserts at the time of ordering, just in case. But Stu is right, and they are expensive. A plastic tub can hold many thousands of dollars in inserts. Right now I have 16 tubs full of inserts which are worth a small fortune.

The thing to keep in mind is that unless everyone takes the PFs they asked for and they never do, we usually get all the way through the list. When any list is closed I order enough inserts for each and every guy on the list at that time. Other factors do come into play (spoilage etc) but USUALLY everyone gets a crack at one.

Mike P.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CPR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-ww-playfields-are-up?tu=CPR and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.