(Topic ID: 54382)

CPR WW pf F A I L> when did you order?

By Whysnow

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 10 years ago

Wow guys! Stop the crying lol Planetary has the WW playfields for sale RIGHT NOW! In stock.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-31-1002-574&Store_Code=PP

$649

#102 10 years ago

Not only that, but they are only $649... Cheaper than the ones on pre-order. Ouch.

#103 10 years ago

Unless something has changed, the BK playfields left have some pretty pronounced print registration issues at the inserts. If you want do do some touchup around the inserts, I bet the BK playfields can be had at quite a discount. I was offered one at a very good price, but passed. I might have bought it but a C37 fell into my lap and I spent my dough there.

#104 10 years ago

Woo Hoo! TY Jim. I gots me one from Planetary after all this. My lucky week? I mean MOP , and now Whirlwind pf ? I need some more people to cancel my order cuz this is working out

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from CASTHOF:

Wow guys! Stop the crying lol Planetary has the WW playfields for sale RIGHT NOW! In stock.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-31-1002-574&Store_Code=PP
$649

Thank you! Got one ordered. Too bad they didn't have the plastics, but I know where to go for those.

Chris

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Woo Hoo! TY Jim

#107 10 years ago

Bay area is going to put them up too very soon and marco as well. I saw planetary did change the price to $699 I'm sure the others will as well.

#108 10 years ago

I got mine for $649. That is less than the pre-order iirc...WEIRD. I paid $50 extra for the pick of the litter they have in stock. This could work out even better than getting the pre-order.

Whysnow you are set now, right? and everyone else who needed one.

Soon and very soon...
My whirlwind is going to see the King...

Alright it's just going to McCune, but I have been so lucky lately a Hymn feels appropriate.

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I got mine for $649. That is less than the pre-order iirc...WEIRD. I paid $50 extra for the pick of the litter they have in stock. This could work out even better than getting the pre-order.

Well I hope I didn't misread the terms of the playfield assurance. As I read it, you get the pick of any open playfields they have (if they have any other opened playfields), after the one they open for you is inspected and you are made aware of condition. If you didn't pay for the assurance, you get an unopened playfield as it was shipped from CPR. Nothing I read suggested they were going to open and rate them all, and you were getting the worst of the lot if you didn't pay for assurance.

Chris

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Well I hope I didn't misread the terms of the playfield assurance. As I read it, you get the pick of any open playfields they have (if they have any other opened playfields), after the one they open for you is inspected and you are made aware of condition. If you didn't pay for the assurance, you get an unopened playfield as it was shipped from CPR. Nothing I read suggested they were going to open and rate them all, and you were getting the worst of the lot if you didn't pay for assurance.
Chris

Someone has to get the opened ones that were rejected.

#111 10 years ago

They are sold out.

#112 10 years ago

Honestly I'm just glad to be getting one, but I'd prefer mine unopened as it came from CPR. Considering how quickly they sold out, I suspect they will ship what they can and the assurance buyers will have the choice of their allotted playfield or nothing. If they sold 20 playfields and 2 guys buy assurance, do you really think they are going to open all 20 to make sure you get the best of the lot? Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

Big thanks to Planetary for the great price!

Chris

#113 10 years ago

Sara in the warehouse personally opens all of the playfields, examines insert problems, dust specks, raised defects, and artwork anomalies. Rest assure, playfield assurance is the way to go. Certainly the cream of the crop. Was on the phone with her for a week picking out my funhouse playfield.

#114 10 years ago

BAM! There ya go. Better than random for sure. It's a 8.5% premium or so, we should expect something for that.

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from CASTHOF:

$649

sold out...

doh!

Sounds like all my buddies that needed one got one and sounds like CPR will be rerunning these soon enough/ maybe some emails still coming which is good. Hopefully between the ones that Planetary sold and what gets rerun, we will all get ours eventually.

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I waited 4 years for my WW pf and don't feel sorry for you guys that have only been waiting for 16 months .

WW is the top SYS 11 game so it is not rocket science the demand was going to big big. I got on the list when I first learned about it in early 2012, so yeah not waiting four years like some folks have,( I was barely back into PB four years ago), but still, I have been on list over a year, and like apparently many others I got my confirmation on the pre-order list feeling pretty good that the PF was going to come since they are in production this time. I have been working my WW getting it ready for the arrival of a new PF, and right at the end I find out, boom, thru this forum (not CPR, not even a word from them) no PF for me.. It stinks. How would you feel? I am 65 and not getting any younger,waiting four more years or even two more years ain't too damn good. I hope they get them in production sooner this time.

#117 10 years ago

Takes 9-11 Months to get an Insert Order "delivered" once we place another order.....and to be cost effective we need to order all the Inserts for atleast 7 Titles all at the same time....

#118 10 years ago

suggest handing this off to mirco than

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Did I mention we now have New PARAGON Backglasses available....get em' while you can

Ordered!! ...glad I saw this - THANKS CPR!!

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

Bay area is going to put them up too very soon and marco as well. I saw planetary did change the price to $699 I'm sure the others will as well.

Yeah I am an idiot I was talking to bay area and Planetary send me an email letting me know the playfields were up. BAA said they would put me on the list and let me know later that day when they would be up. So I got the email and thought ok cool planetary has them so bay area will soon and I'll just get the one I am on the list for. Sold out a few hours later and today I learned bay area and planetary are sister companies. Ugh I missed it. They did their part just forgot to let me know they were related companies, I am sure its common knowledge but I missed that.

#121 10 years ago

Could those of us that are still on the list at least get an email stating that at some point you will still make us a playfield. I can wait, But would at least like to know if something is going to happen in the future. Also others will be able to back out if they bought one from somewhere else. Also you could open the orders again for the future run and likely get some more people on board.

#122 10 years ago

it's already been mentioned that we will be doing another run of these (we need more inserts - that's 10-11 months away "after" we order them)

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

it's already been mentioned that we will be doing another run of these (we need more inserts - that's 10-11 months away "after" we order them)

so in summary...

Thanks for everything CPR does... However...

Please update your website to be more accurate. Pre-order does not currently mean much in the land of CPR.

I understand the difficulties of running a small business that is not your main livelyhood, but I hope you can see how how this all went down is somewhat aggravating due to the misleading nature of the CPR website language which makes it sound like a pre-order means you will end up with a pf when they are run.

Obviously LOTS of people 'pre-ordered' over 1 year ago and did not get in on this run. Now it sounds like it will likely be a couple more years before they even possibly have a second shot (unless they are able/willing to buy on the epay market). Toss in the fact that some people were allowed to jump the line and then missed out on PPS on sale and it makes the sting a little greater.

Thanks again for everything CPR does!

#124 10 years ago

Whahoo just secured a playfield!

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

flipping them....we have already seen this with the eBay auctions 2 weeks after the release....and I'm sure we will see many more to come for those prices....
We constantly see this lately with Stern LE Pins > the flippers buy up all the LE's then Up the Price & Start flipping them before the general public has an oportunity to buy direct from the manufacture. The days of being able to go out & "play" a game Prior to Purchase (new LE's) are long gone.

Agreed...People see profit in these limited runs and for good reason... Stern and CPR are both guilty of not producing enough to meet demand for many of their products, the LE and pre-order playfield scheme remains at the center of this.

#126 10 years ago

Conspiracy!

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

so in summary...
Thanks for everything CPR does... However...
Please update your website to be more accurate. Pre-order does not currently mean much in the land of CPR.
I understand the difficulties of running a small business that is not your main livelyhood, but I hope you can see how how this all went down is somewhat aggravating due to the misleading nature of the CPR website language which makes it sound like a pre-order means you will end up with a pf when they are run.
Obviously LOTS of people 'pre-ordered' over 1 year ago and did not get in on this run. Now it sounds like it will likely be a couple more years before they even possibly have a second shot (unless they are able/willing to buy on the epay market). Toss in the fact that some people were allowed to jump the line and then missed out on PPS on sale and it makes the sting a little greater.
Thanks again for everything CPR does!

How this all went down is "somewhat aggravating" -- YA THINK!! I am still scraping myself off the ceiling.. I have ordered from CPR in past and been very satisfied with quality of the products they provide the PB community. This was my first attempt to order a repro playfield from them (albeit an unsuccessful one). I am old school, ran my own business for years and the one thing that irritates me here is that no one from the company has even enough "spunk" to contact me by e-mail and first apologize and then provide an explanation of why I am not getting my "pre-ordered" playfield after over a year long wait and what they plan to do to rectify it. And, I'm not talking about just jumping on this thread with some short shrift responses, that is not what I mean. Even though it is a lot of money, I would have gladly pre-paid 100% upfront to guarantee a playfield, as I am sure many others who were left high and dry would have done for this Playfield. This is like the stinking airline industry that deliberately way overbooks flights in order to guarantee (themselves) they will have a sold out flight but often times at the expense and great inconvenience to their customers. If you cannot assure that pre-orders will be filled, then why was the pre-order list held open so long past the actually number of PFs to be made?? It sounds like the pre-order list was allowed to grow well beyond what was intended to be made in order to guarantee a 100% sell out. Not sure what the solution is but something needs to changed because this process stinks, stinks, frankly.

#128 10 years ago

Here's a crazy solution. They should take a non-deposit, say $50. That'd weed out most the flakes.

#129 10 years ago

CPR are great guys and will look after everyone as soon as possible. Been ordering from them for years and always awesome product and service! Shop with confidence. Shoot them a mail and they will look after you and answer your questions soon as they can but keep in mind they, like us all, are very busy people.
We need people like these to keep our pinball treasures playing like new! Thank you CPR! All I can say is....Keep up the great work and ... more of everything please.

#130 10 years ago

$50 deposit is nothing - especially if it is refundable.

#131 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

$50 deposit is nothing - especially if it is refundable.

Sorry, I meant non-refundable. They could do $100 or whatever covers the material cost.

#132 10 years ago

How about this novel approach; 100% pre-paid guarantees a PF once they go to production, plain and simple. No more waiting for over a year only to find out at the 11th hour you are screwed and are not going to get a PF for your game.. No deposit required to get on the pre-order list, but that would not necessarily guarantee you a playfield (like how it works now, kinda, sorta).

#133 10 years ago

Too bad somebody else don't jump in the reproduction business.

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from brent149:

Too bad somebody else don't jump in the reproduction business.

We have IPB, CPR, and Mirco all doing playfields. How many more guys do you think we need?

Jaz

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from Hawk007:

CPR are great guys and will look after everyone as soon as possible. Been ordering from them for years and always awesome product and service! Shop with confidence. Shoot them a mail and they will look after you and answer your questions soon as they can but keep in mind they, like us all, are very busy people.
We need people like these to keep our pinball treasures playing like new! Thank you CPR! All I can say is....Keep up the great work and ... more of everything please.

+1 They've already stated that they will need to re-run this title, so those who don't get one now, will get one eventually. It's all good, just chill and play your other games in the meantime.

#136 10 years ago

I have been waiting to buy the plastic set for when i get my playfield to save on shipping. Will there still be plastics available when the new batch of plafields are run or should I just get them now?

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

I have been waiting to buy the plastic set for when i get my playfield to save on shipping. Will there still be plastics available when the new batch of plafields are run or should I just get them now?

Id just get it now through another distributor when you place an order, the plastics look great BTW

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

I would get them now. No telling if they will be all gone if you wait. If you need them, get them.

#139 10 years ago

Got my playfield today. If I put my nose up to it, I can see very slight crackling on a couple inserts. From 3 feet away with a flashlight they look great. The biggest thing I notice is a couple spots in the clear that need to be buffed a bit more, but again that's looking with a flashlight. Without the flashlight I can't see them. I'm totally pleased. This is one of my favorite pins and I'm very happy to have scored a new playfield. Big thanks to CPR for getting this done. Their next playfield is another of my favorites, Taxi. I'm not feeling too bad about the wait for Earthshaker now as my wife would kill me if I spent ~$2K on playfields in one year

Chris

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

We have IPB, CPR, and Mirco all doing playfields. How many more guys do you think we need?

Jaz

No such thing as "just enough" or "too many". As long as pins get wear & tear, aftermarket parts business will never die, no differently than aftermarkets car part suppliers.

#141 10 years ago

If anyone is in need of a CPR playfield now, I just noticed that someone posted on on Ebay for $875 shipped with BIN. Still $115 more than buying from CPR direct but at least you wouldn't have to wait if you have a pf swap you want to get started on.
ebay.com link: Williams Whirlwind New Pinball Playfield

#142 10 years ago

The eBay Lister/Seller is pretty much a DickHead for putting the CPR text in there at the bottom...I hate Assholes like this......

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

If anyone is in need of a CPR playfield now, I just noticed that someone posted on on Ebay for $875 shipped with BIN. Still $115 more than buying from CPR direct but at least you wouldn't have to wait if you have a pf swap you want to get started on.
Ebay link

Sounds like CPR will make more in the future if you preordered. I am going to wait but might be worth it to someone who is not on the preorder list.

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

The eBay Lister/Seller is pretty much a DickHead for putting the CPR text in there at the bottom...I hate Assholes like this......

Agree!

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Agreed - no need to bash - especially when you are flipping for a profit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-ww-pf-f-a-i-l-when-did-you-order/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.