(Topic ID: 141705)

CPR Whirlwind Playfields - who needs one!

By Pinphila

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_8217 (resized).JPG
IMG_8215 (resized).JPG

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

last year around this time CPR updated their site to show the next years projects. I wonder what we'll see for this next year

I check just about every day as I am pretty sure one of my must-haves is going to be on the list. Don't want to miss it.

I do miss what seems like the good old days of 3 or 4 years ago when they were cranking out something I needed every few months.

#52 3 years ago

I, too, check CPR very often. I was in on the eBay one up until around $900.

#53 3 years ago

I won the playfield in eBay...I got sick of having a machine in my den awaiting a playfield, so I ended up with that one. Hopefully it's in excellent shape...I'm currently out of town so I won't be able to check it out for another week and a half.

#54 3 years ago

Any real info on whether or not these will ever be reproduced? Or is it all speculation?

#55 3 years ago

It looks good captmonkey and it's darn near impossible to find one or have a base playfield good enough for restoration.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

Any real info on whether or not these will ever be reproduced? Or is it all speculation?

Stu emailed and said it will happen. Rick from pps said same, just a matter of time.

#57 3 years ago

I'm sure they will be re-run, just a matter of enough pre-orders. I would expect a new list of what is being planned to be put up shortly as I am the list with CPR now ...

rick

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptMonkeyPants:

I won the playfield in eBay...I got sick of having a machine in my den awaiting a playfield, so I ended up with that one. Hopefully it's in excellent shape...I'm currently out of town so I won't be able to check it out for another week and a half.

I feel ya one this one. My pf is so wrecked. If I hadn't just moved across the country, I probably would have paid as much. I got the game for $900 so it wouldn't be unrealistic to invest $1500 into a nice new pf.

#60 3 years ago

I would TOTALLY be in for a WW pf

#61 3 years ago

I'm in for one...but have been on the CPR list for quite sometime for one

#62 3 years ago

Any chance of CPR re-runing TAXI playfield?

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I'm sure they will be re-run, just a matter of enough pre-orders. I would expect a new list of what is being planned to be put up shortly as I am the list with CPR now ...
rick

So what about those on the original list that didn't make the cut? I know quite a few of us that would love to get one still...

#64 3 years ago

That question would need to go to CPR, so please ask CPR ...

thanks.

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from Crater:

I would TOTALLY be in for a WW pf

Same here!

#66 3 years ago

Been on the waiting list for over a year. I'd love one. New main ramp and plastics waiting on a pf

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Any chance of CPR re-runing TAXI playfield?

I asked CPR about Taxi and they said unlikely. I am *really* hoping for an overlay to be released since the CPR Taxis are pretty much unobtanium . If an overlay is done right, it'll look almost as good.

#68 3 years ago

Not mine, but there is a dimpled NOS Whirlwind playfield on Ebay right now.

ebay.com link » Whirlwind Nos Playfield 1990 Williams Original Signed By Pat Lawlor

#69 3 years ago

Wow! I wish I had known he had this.

#70 3 years ago

I am still waiting to buy one.

#71 3 years ago

So I see a couple of posts in this thread that imply there is already a list to be on for this item. Is that true? If there is a list out there, is there any way I can still get on?

#72 3 years ago

+1 Not a big fan of my existing CPR playfield (horribly crazed inserts). Wouldn't mind trying again.

#73 3 years ago

I Was on list for nearly two years, did not get one in the last run. Finally found one and paid $1,000 for it, unfortunately it had some badly crazed inserts ( and not just talking about the clear ones either). Had my game torn down waiting for over a year and got sick of waiting. Hope you get a nice one.

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

ebay.com link » Whirlwind Nos Playfield 1990 Williams Original Signed By Pat Lawlor

Surprised this only went for $620 with free shipping. I guess that was an expensive attempt at mylar removal.

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from Crater:

So I see a couple of posts in this thread that imply there is already a list to be on for this item. Is that true? If there is a list out there, is there any way I can still get on?

Ditto. I can't seem to locate a Whirlwind preorder list

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Ditto. I can't seem to locate a Whirlwind preorder list

There isn't one. He is just trying to get cpr's attention and hopefully get them to do another run.

Quoted from Chet:

I Was on list for nearly two years, did not get one in the last run. Finally found one and paid $1,000 for it, unfortunately it had some badly crazed inserts ( and not just talking about the clear ones either). Had my game torn down waiting for over a year and got sick of waiting. Hope you get a nice one.

Same boat: payed 800 for a cpr and the inserts are horrid. I'm considering swapping out for my old one after I send it out for a resto. Another 800 in the hole..... Sigh.

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

There isn't one. He is just trying to get cpr's attention and hopefully get them to do another run.

Same boat: payed 800 for a cpr and the inserts are horrid. I'm considering swapping out for my old one after I send it out for a resto. Another 800 in the hole..... Sigh.

I don't understand why these inserts were accepted by CPR from their supplier? they are crap. Should have been rejected out of hand and another vendor obtained.

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Yep...Hate That too.....

Instead of hate it, you should love it. That is called demand, and you guys are massively in demand. You should hate people not asking at all

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

I don't understand why these inserts were accepted by CPR from their supplier? they are crap. Should have been rejected out of hand and another vendor obtained.

Agreed. I was told that the crazed inserts were from a batch of inserts previously purchased for another run. It's a shame because id love my cpr if it weren't for the inserts.

#81 3 years ago

I'd order one...but my WW has a pretty nice stock PF.

I pre-ordered a PF for my 8 ball deluxe though.

Thanks CPR!!!

#82 3 years ago

Awesome!!! I just put my name on the list!

#83 3 years ago

Great news. I'm on the list!

#84 3 years ago

great game for a new playfield, in my top 10 for sure !

#85 3 years ago

So I put my name on the list, any idea how many people they need in order to do a run? I'm guessing the economics on a rerun are quite a bit different than a new one since all the sunk costs have been recovered.

1 week later
#86 3 years ago

Did you back out or is this guy sitting on some WW playfields?

ebay.com link » Cpr Whirlwind Gold Playfield New In The Box

He does have a plastic set listed if anyone is looking and doesn't expect CPR to re-run them.

ebay.com link » Nos Whirlwind Pinball Plastic Set Cpr

#87 3 years ago

Will they typically re-run the plastics to coincide with playfield releases or is it hit or miss? Any rumor as to whether or not they'll be doing one to pair up with the WW playfield reissue?

1 year later
#88 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I just read this post. I won this auction and had Neo repair and clear this playfield preserving the signature. Its looks amazing! I've always wondered if it genuine! The seller stated that Pat was at his home attending and party and got him to sign it. What do you guys think?

IMG_8215 (resized).JPG

IMG_8217 (resized).JPG

#89 1 year ago
Quoted from Atlgills:

What do you guys think?

Very cool!

6 months later
#90 1 year ago
Quoted from Atlgills:

I just read this post. I won this auction and had Neo repair and clear this playfield preserving the signature. Its looks amazing! I've always wondered if it genuine! The seller stated that Pat was at his home attending and party and got him to sign it. What do you guys think?

I totally missed this! That is cool. I believe it. Congratz!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
€ 3.70
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 839.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 279.95
$ 50.00
$ 279.95
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 279.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside