(Topic ID: 141705)

CPR Whirlwind Playfields - who needs one!

By Pinphila

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by not4tilts
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8217 (resized).JPG
IMG_8215 (resized).JPG

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Hi all, I know a lot of people are looking for these playfields and in an attempt to encourage CPR to get them on the schedule again, I thought it may be helpful to them if we start indicating our desire for one. A rally of sorts. Please add your name.

I realize CPR has a schedule and I am not trying to disrupt it. I just want to show them that the demand is there for another run of the whirlwind playfield. Their work in fantastic and hopefully this will happen soon.

Thanks CPR for listening.

#2 8 years ago

I definitely want a new WW playfield.

#3 8 years ago

I'd buy one, but I'm in no hurry.

#4 8 years ago

i like people who dream BIG, but who knows? Maybe there is enough demand for this one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-cpr-run-eight-ball-deluxe-playfields#post-1997047

#5 8 years ago

Don't need one, but I would buy one for sure.

#6 8 years ago

I also need one.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

We don't need "another" thread on this subject.....and we have already stated 1,000 times in many other threads that at some point there will be another run to satisfy the remaining people that want one.....

Quoted from Pinphila:

Maybe I will start a new thread to gauge interest.

#8 8 years ago

This is usually the time these threads turn into people just asking Stu; "Can '____' game be remade?!?!"

#9 8 years ago

Yep...Hate That too.....

#10 8 years ago

There seems to be a need for the full plastics sets as well.

#11 8 years ago

I agree, However, each of the times that we had run the Whirlwind Plastics we "Borrowed" films from another vendor (same vendor each time) and there were some Issues with the artwork ( we did not do the artwork ). I know of at least 1 Missing Plastic, and the Bold Font for the "Signs" was incorrect and did not stand out like on the Originals. I have brought these issues up to Kevin so that the next time we run these we either use the Original B/W Films ( if available ), Do our own New Digital Art, or make "copies" of the bad films and fix the issues on our duplicate films ( which is the most difficult of the 3 options )......

Quoted from DCFAN:

There seems to be a need for the full plastics sets as well.

#12 8 years ago

well, i'd be in for plastics and playfield.

Do I need to post this on every subsequent WW playfield thread?

#13 8 years ago

I need one but also in no hurry.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

I agree, However, each of the times that we had run the Whirlwind Plastics we "Borrowed" films from another vendor (same vendor each time) and there were some Issues with the artwork ( we did not do the artwork ). I know of at least 1 Missing Plastic, and the Bold Font for the "Signs" was incorrect and did not stand out like on the Originals. I have brought these issues up to Kevin so that the next time we run these we either use the Original B/W Films ( if available ), Do our own New Digital Art, or make "copies" of the bad films and fix the issues on our duplicate films ( which is the most difficult of the 3 options )......

I got a repro set, and while they are not perfect, the issues (at least for me) are not completely terrible. ALWAYS better than broken plastics, IMO....

#15 8 years ago

Sorry stu, started this before your comment. Thankfully the ignore feature works well here.

#16 8 years ago

I'll save time
Stu, re run everything that you have already done

#17 8 years ago

Stu, now that CPR has the oldoriginal files, does that include back glass files?

#18 8 years ago

I need one!

#19 8 years ago

We don't have the "old original files".....

Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Stu, now that CPR has the old original files, does that include back glass files?

Quoted from Stu:

we either use the Original B/W Films ( if available )

meaning "If PPS has them".......

#20 8 years ago

I really need a plastic set too!!!

2 weeks later
#21 8 years ago

I would grab a playfield too if available.

1 week later
#22 8 years ago

I would buy a playfield in a hot second.

#23 8 years ago

Yes I'd be in for a pf and back glass

#24 8 years ago

I'm in

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 8 years ago

I need one. Been checking their site regularly for one. Supposedly were going to run em in the fall....still nothing tho.

#27 8 years ago

I think the more important issue here is that stu deactivated his account here.

A member here that has done much for the community has deactivated his account.

Might be time for some here to take a good look in a mirror.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

i just noticed that too, wonder what happened to Stu

#29 8 years ago

I got on the list for when they ran the playfields again. I assume I'm still on the list?

#30 8 years ago

I didn't know there was a new list. Hopefully they will get on it soon.

#31 8 years ago

So, everyone is continuing even after Stu posted this above -

Quoted from Stu:

We don't need "another" thread on this subject.....and we have already stated 1,000 times in many other threads that at some point there will be another run to satisfy the remaining people that want one.....

I wonder if Stu will keep himself Deactivated rather than dealing with an ulcer.

2 weeks later
#32 8 years ago

I'm looking for a playfield and plastics

#33 8 years ago

I would totally get one!

#34 8 years ago

Yes, please

#35 8 years ago

I'm in for the Playfield .

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

It'll be better for everyone that Stu is not here anymore. Stu, most of all.

#37 8 years ago

Damn i wanted to ask him if he needed an artist for the plastics.

#38 8 years ago

I have a friend who is searching for a plastic set.

#39 8 years ago

everyone that did not get a playfield or plastics set on the last run needs one.

#40 8 years ago

Was the translight re-done in mirror, like Earth Shaker?

I know Rick at PPS is/was doing DINER in a mirrored backglass... I loaned him my NOS DINER translight to get it done.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Was the translight re-done in mirror, like Earth Shaker?
I know Rick at PPS is/was doing DINER in a mirrored backglass... I loaned him my NOS DINER translight to get it done.

Kerry I can't recall, but I do know I wasn't impressed with the WW glass I saw. It was not as sharp as the translite

#42 8 years ago

Playfield & plastics would be great & while your going I would like Taxi Playfield & plastics as well

#43 8 years ago

Playfield and plastic set would be nice. Those thin plastics on each side of the right lift ramp get broke constantly. Need those more than extra sling shot plastics . Thanks for considering. I would love to restore another WW if I could, just to keep these great games in circulation.

#44 8 years ago

What happened to Stu's account?

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

What happened to Stu's account?

Pretty sure Stu deactivated himself about 3 weeks ago. There was a thread about a flaw in a playfield clear that got a bit testy.

This thread bothered him also. He asked everyone to stop making threads about what they wanted to see made or remade. But people didn't read or care and keep posting.

I hope people don't drive him out.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Pretty sure Stu deactivated himself about 3 weeks ago. There was a thread about a flaw in a playfield clear that got a bit testy.
This thread bothered him also. He asked everyone to stop making threads about what they wanted to see made or remade. But people didn't read or care and keep posting.
I hope people don't drive him out.

Every thread about CPR bothered him. It appears he has a very thin skin.... I don't know. I do know he does a great job and CPR products are excellent!

#47 8 years ago

last year around this time CPR updated their site to show the next years projects. I wonder what we'll see for this next year

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Every thread about CPR bothered him. It appears he has a very thin skin.... I don't know. I do know he does a great job and CPR products are excellent!

Stu knows he can go off the handle. Why do you think his profile picture had him with duct tape crisscrossed on his mouth. He admitted it, but so what. Is he the only one on this forum like that? No, and this hobby needs him more than he needs the hassle of this hobby.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

last year around this time CPR updated their site to show the next years projects. I wonder what we'll see for this next year

Top dollar 90s W/B Playfields.

2 months later
#50 8 years ago

*The one on eBay just sold for $1500 BUMP*

Seller sounded like a cantankerous fella, too. I hope whoever bought it gets what they paid for & not the headache of having to deal with that guy if they are unsatisfied.

ebay.com link: CPR whirlwind playfield new in the box

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-whirlwind-playfields-add-your-name-if-you-want-one/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.