image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
whirlglasscompare.jpg
There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Hey all,

I've been away a few days; not sure if this was posted or not. If so, sorry; is not, now you know...

http://www.classicplayfields.com/store-backglass.html

Luke

#2 10 years ago

Interesting that they did the Chicago Cubs version. Very tempting.

#3 10 years ago

Mirrored backglass for Whirlwind. Friggin sweet! My wallet wasn't expecting this but it's too cool to pass up

#4 10 years ago

I'm in for one. My Translite is slightly ripped in a few spots and am working on a full restore of this game. Awesome. I can't wait to see the pictures.

#5 10 years ago

This must be why I've been holding off on buying a new translite.

Chris

#6 10 years ago

I hope they do this for Taxi as well!

#7 10 years ago

Damn. Wallet cannot afford this right now. But my translite is in good shape and is one of the cubs translites, so no big deal.

Soon!

#8 10 years ago

The Mirroring came out awesome, I have a couple here.....

#9 10 years ago

I ordered about an hour after I saw it posted. You can get a NOS translite for $50 from Pinball Life, but by the time I add a new sheet of glass etc. , it is pretty easy to justify splurging a little. Can't wait to see it and bet it sells out quick.

Chris

#10 10 years ago

Already have one on order - hit us with a pic Stu!

#11 10 years ago

Just ordered one , thanks Luke !

#12 10 years ago

this is awesome. kudos to cpr and all the other repro folks out there who help keep our games looking and playing good.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Hey, you came back

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

I love the idea of adding mirrored bits to existing translite designs, I don't even have a Whirlwind and I'm excited to see how it came out. Hard to photograph, needs like a little short video of panning across it or something.

#15 10 years ago

Is a Taxi backglass just around the corner? I bet it is.....

Chris

#16 10 years ago

Taxi is coming.

#17 10 years ago

I just picked one up as well.

#18 10 years ago

I'm pulling for a mirrored backglass translation of Elvira and the Party Monsters (along with a playfield!) personally, that would look awesome. Whatever title they do next, I hope this mirrored thing is a trend, it's a fabulous way to upgrade a machine in a really classy way.

#19 10 years ago

Please accept this as my pre order for the fish tales mirrored backglass to go with my playfield order - backglass translight replacement is such a good idea - my whirlwind sits next to jungle lord and the glass on jungleord is so much cooler than the translight - keep up the good work!

#20 10 years ago

Now if only we could see the pictures. Been checking back in at CPR and nothing yet... Says coming shortly.

#21 10 years ago

My opinion is they should also offer the buyer's discount to those who were on the playfield waiting list and didn't get one.

#22 10 years ago

I think my question would be why was everyone on the pre-order list not contacted if they have extras for sale on the site. This baffles me.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm pulling for a mirrored backglass translation of Elvira and the Party Monsters (along with a playfield!) personally, that would look awesome. Whatever title they do next, I hope this mirrored thing is a trend, it's a fabulous way to upgrade a machine in a really classy way.

Yeah, I'd go for one of those too.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I love the idea of adding mirrored bits to existing translite designs, I don't even have a Whirlwind and I'm excited to see how it came out. Hard to photograph, needs like a little short video of panning across it or something.

I do too, but the mirrored LOTR LE backglass was horrible, IMHO. It's probably easier to add mirroring to cartoony graphics, rather than photoshopped ones.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I do too, but the mirrored LOTR LE backglass was horrible, IMHO. It's probably easier to add mirroring to cartoony graphics, rather than photoshopped ones.

Honestly, no disrespect to a great game, but the graphics were phoned in and of a generally poor quality. Something not working on them doesn't necessarily mean a hard and fast rule, Stern hasn't been known as a graphical powerhouse. Maybe their recent hires, the pressure of competition, and the positive feedback to Metallica's artwork will get them a little more in the game though.

That said, I think you're right, and it's just one more reason why photomontages from the licenses DVD covers are a terrible idea!

#26 10 years ago

Traded e-mails with Kevin this morning. He estimates the Taxi backglass is about a month out. My Whirlwind is in pieces anyway, so I asked him to just hold my Whirlwind backglass and ship both when Taxi is done. I'm all for saving $40.

Stu, I'd love to see a lit up pic of the Whirlwind backglass if you have the time. And thanks a bunch for cranking out the stuff I want/need.

Chris

#27 10 years ago

I would love to see a few pics of the Whirlwind Backglass also. Been checking in at CPR for the last day and a half or so and it stills says pics coming shortly. Can't wait to see it.

#28 10 years ago

Come on Stu. Show us a pic of the awesomeness.....

Chris

#29 10 years ago

Mine are packed away, sorry....

Quoted from mcluvin:

Come on Stu. Show us a pic of the awesomeness.....

#30 10 years ago

Pics are up.....

http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo133.html

Looks great Stu. Colors really pop. Can't wait to see mine.

Chris

#31 10 years ago

thanks, working on many more......

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

thanks, working on many more......

A little birdie told me that one of them is of high personal interest to me, but I can't wait to see even the ones I don't need, it's a great idea.

#33 10 years ago

Wow the photos look good. This is a fantastic idea. Can't wait to see Fish Tales.

#34 10 years ago

Fish tales is in the works?! CPR is on a rampage.

#35 10 years ago

Really?, Fish Tales is in the works?...oh I can't wait to see that one.....

Quoted from Kneissl:

Fish Tales is in the works?!

#36 10 years ago

i would take some for my shop if only.............

#37 10 years ago

Should have been more obvious that it was wishful thinking to put next to my ww when the new ft playfields come out. Sorry about that.

#38 10 years ago

Pinbot is gonna be the bomb. I might not get along with Stu, but I definitely appreciate the work that went into this. Looks fantastic.

#39 10 years ago

Looks sweet!

Any chance of a Space Shuttle run forthcoming? I think 50% of all the SS games I have seen need a new backglass.

#40 10 years ago

Space Shuttle is probably one of the most needed backglasses out there. I can't believe that this has not been done yet. Especially with all the other repro stuff out there for it.

#41 10 years ago

We haven't been able to get our hands on a perfect Space Shuttle Backglass for scanning. When we do it will be done, until then > nothing. Now if someone wants to ship me a perfect glass (no lift channel) then we'll be in business......

#42 10 years ago

I'd do it if I had it to do.... as I suspect many other would. That might be impossible to find. Mine was in awesome condition, but of course, it was installed in my game, so the lift channel was on it... that's kind of depressing to think it might never get done if someone can't step up with a NOS glass. Bummer.

#43 10 years ago

Somebody has to have one they can send Stu.

#44 10 years ago

If they're doing Taxi, I just hope they are going to run enough of them. That one is going to be popular. If it's a Marilyn to match the PF run, everybody is going to want to get it. I've had a Marilyn original PF from the beginning, but I've never been able to find a matching translite.

#45 10 years ago

Mine comes in today - can't wait

#46 10 years ago

Mine arrived today. It has very vivid colors and exceptional attention to detail. The mirroring is subtle which is cool. You might not notice it at first glance, but it sets off the backglass and adds an additional visual interest to it. My translight was probably faded, but still looked pretty good. The backglass colors are brighter than my translight and the light shines through more clearly.

#47 10 years ago

If anyone has the time, I'd love to see a video comparison of the backglass light show vs the old translite.

#48 10 years ago

I picked one up today and the pictures do not do this glass justice. The mirroring really stands out and the colors a very vibrant.

#49 10 years ago

There is no comparison between the old Translight (DuraTrans print) and the new Backglass.
1. Translite is produced in RGB "Light" (Red, Blue, and Green) and is a PHOTOGRAPHIC process...
2. Backglass is produced in CMYK "Pigment" (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black) and is a PRINTING process...
3. RGB (Light) and CMYK (Pigment) will Never match exactly...if you expect them to match your asking the Impossible because it Can't be done.....

We knew going into these "Translight to Backglass Conversions" that the colors would never match exactly - They CAN'T, it Just Not Possible. However, I feel we came as Absolutely "Close-As-Friggin-Possible" to matching colors that we knew would Never match....

Our "Translight to Backglass Conversion" projects are a whole New monster, there is Nothing to compare them to as the Original was Not a CMYK Backglass, it's an RGB Translite, both being Completely Different Types of Printing and 2 Completely Different forms of Media (Glass vrs. Paper).

I'm not making any excuses, just trying to explaing that you Can't compare the 2 as they are completely different....

Quoted from mcluvin:

I'd love to see a video comparison of the backglass light show vs the old translite

#50 10 years ago

Its a cool item but the original translite works good for me.

A side by side (lit up) comparison would be a nice thing to see.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-whirlwind-backglass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.